IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday February 6th

markjazzbassist

56 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Softened for him by earning £6m plus per year on his contract😱😱😱😱😱

Yeah but if football is your life since you've been six or whatever (ie most of us) and all you've ever wanted to do was play for a living and win games/trophies then can money really take the place of that?

Bit different scale but in my previous life as a creative person I got great adrenaline rushes and immense satisfaction when I did good work that was appreciated by people; I was also relatively well paid but never got a buzz opening my pay packet or getting a bank statement.

44 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yeah but if football is your life since you've been six or whatever (ie most of us) and all you've ever wanted to do was play for a living and win games/trophies then can money really take the place of that?

Bit different scale but in my previous life as a creative person I got great adrenaline rushes and immense satisfaction when I did good work that was appreciated by people; I was also relatively well paid but never got a buzz opening my pay packet or getting a bank statement.

here here.  if the footballer truly just wants to play football, they will take less money (after all most are already set for life).  i hope thats what a lot of the deadwood chooses to do.  

read a lot of the comments and watched highlights. I on balance think silva should go. the players are playing shite but he is putting them back out there. Changing tactics FINALLY against a man city side shows signs of a punt to nothing. He knows he is likely going to lose so he changes some tactics and it looks like a  positive. Why wait so long to make the tactics change why not make it 5 games back when it was clear what he was doing wasn't working. Our only wins since the Liverpool (14 games ago) game have been against  Huddersfield and burnley. (Oh and Lincoln). He had a January transfer window to do something about the striker and right back problem he did nothing. I don't rate Gana so I don't think keeping him was a master stroke. It looks to me like he can't motivate a team he can't set a team up to defend and he still picks favourites. Coleman should have been dropped ages ago, Gomes is arteta without the end product, gylfi is like le tissier with out the end product and mina looks like a cheap mans Keane. For all the excitement about him and Brands I have to wonder what they actually bring. Where is the scouting network where it shows they spent time looking at these players. 

Gomes wasn't getting in at Barca I can see why, Mina is a stereotype good world cup then 30 million spunked, even though Bernard was free he is not the player I expected. This is just koeman all over again. had a good spell at a lesser club and then we pick him up like he is mourinho. I don't know what the answer is we have been through enough managers since moyes to keep losing one every 6 months but whatever the answer it's Not Silva.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

The lad who left the cushy bench of Arsenal to come play every week for us. The one that hoped  he'd be able to force himself back into the England team rather than put his feet up for the summer. Yea he hates football him. 

Sound more like you're on about Gana. 

You mean he never left for the £3m+ signing on fee and £50k a week extra wages?

Sorry yeah I forgot he's playing for nowt and all those barnstorming matches that earned him a recall. 

Your slate gana and tell the forum this lad played well last night?  Hahaha

3 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I am a little surprised ppl thought walcott was going to be any different than he is. He flatters to deceive at the Gunners and for england. you will get 2 great games from him a season but you can't know which ones they will be.

He's shit. 

Earned an absolute fortune. 

51 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You mean he never left for the £3m+ signing on fee and £50k a week extra wages?

Sorry yeah I forgot he's playing for nowt and all those barnstorming matches that earned him a recall. 

Your slate gana and tell the forum this lad played well last night?  Hahaha

As far as I can see he's on the same. Were you getting the £50k extra from? 

You never have a go at Gana even though he's at fault for the goals and still doesn't look arsed. 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

As far as I can see he's on the same. Were you getting the £50k extra from? 

You never have a go at Gana even though he's at fault for the goals and still doesn't look arsed. 

I believe I have had a go at Gana when he warrants it.... the thing is....I tend to worry about the smoking engine that means the car won't go and not the CD player with a faulty volume control.... I'll worry about the CD player when I get the car running. 

56 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I believe I have had a go at Gana when he warrants it.... the thing is....I tend to worry about the smoking engine that means the car won't go and not the CD player with a faulty volume control.... I'll worry about the CD player when I get the car running. 

Nope you don't. You completely ignore his lack of effort or him not looking arsed when we concede yet berate Schneiderlin and Walcott. 

Source on Walcotts wages and signing in fee? 

47 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Nope you don't. You completely ignore his lack of effort or him not looking arsed when we concede yet berate Schneiderlin and Walcott. 

Source on Walcotts wages and signing in fee? 

Gana lack of effort.???

I'm sure you will be able to find isolated cases Pete... you know when he covers 11km a match is football getting in the way of him just going for a good run? Or when he is running and snapping into tackles is that him being not arsed? 

22 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Gana lack of effort.???

I'm sure you will be able to find isolated cases Pete... you know when he covers 11km a match is football getting in the way of him just going for a good run? Or when he is running and snapping into tackles is that him being not arsed? 

Just because he's naturally fitter/faster doesn't mean he's trying hard enough. Countless times he looks none fussed and hasn't busted a gut to get back. 

When he snaps in gives away a fk and doesn't look bothered. 

Again source or were you just making up the Walcott stuff? 

On 06/02/2019 at 22:27, pete0 said:

Surprised at all the Walcott hate he was our most dangerous player and the only one giving them a headache. Couple of poor touches and one sloppy pass but no more than any winger. Shouldn't have been subbed and had he not been he may have made the difference. 

First half today we showed a lot more effort and for the first time in ages played like a team. I only wanted to choke Gana about 3 times in the first half which is a record watching him. Gomes was a little off the pace and Bernard didn't see much of the ball. Davies was the best player on the pitch and not for the first time playing against City. Kenny kept winning his battles with Sane and Zouma was excellent bar the goal. 

Second half was ruined by the subs and then the referee. Why on earth bring Sigurdssen on and disrupt the midfield when Davies had been doing so well linking the midfield and we actually looked like a team. Richarlison for Bernard makes sense but unfortunately nothing come off for him. Tosun for Walcott is mind boggling, why move DCL wide when he's on his arse from running and take our biggest outlet off. Took two of our fastest players off for two of our slowest against a team that plays a high line, and moved players into different positions to do so. Silva is a fucking moose. 

The one Walcott pass I can remember creating trouble was a head down hit and hope for the smallest player on the pitch to win a header. The issue with Walcott is that he doesnt get involved in games enough and that can be tolerated if the things he does do are of quality but he doesnt convert his chances and he messes up the final ball more often than not.

Going to the subs, I was surprised that he played Siggy as he did because he just reverted back to what doesnt work. I expected him to come on and be a like for like for Gomes (who I agree was a little off pace). I know why Silva then wanted to play a second striker but it was never going to work. Whilst we only had 1 sub remaining, I did think Walcott deserved to come off in my opinion however that then stunted our forward line. If DCL needs to come off then just go like for like. If he doesnt then swap Lookman for Walcott.

19 hours ago, Btay said:

I honestly believe if he wasn’t fast he would be in the championship or lower.

I agree, although you can add quite a few English wingers to that list... Lennon, Redmond etc

I'm not even entirely convinced that Walker would be a premiership player without pace. He certainly wouldnt be a top 10 player.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Gana lack of effort.???

Its moments at 5.52 that get me. Lets the first runner go without tracking him and then he lets the next man run off his back to get the header in on Pickford.

Then you also get the opposite action where he hares into something he shouldnt. In the build up to Fernandino being booked Gana made a great challenge but just before that he is running across to join in on a 3 v 1 (1 being the City player) and bar an excellent last minute adjustment, the City player would have been in a great position. If the pass was delayed by half a second he wouldnt have been able to make the tackle cleanly.

Its not a lack of effort, its a lack of awareness and it does happen regularly in games. Its what you get with him, and if you play him you have to accept it because sometimes he will win you balls you wouldnt normally expect and other times he will leave you open or gives away cheap freekicks. I don't know whether others just don't see it or whether they just accept the risk?

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match highlights/2019/february/everton v city extended highlights

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

The one Walcott pass I can remember creating trouble was a head down hit and hope for the smallest player on the pitch to win a header. The issue with Walcott is that he doesnt get involved in games enough and that can be tolerated if the things he does do are of quality but he doesnt convert his chances and he messes up the final ball more often than not.

Going to the subs, I was surprised that he played Siggy as he did because he just reverted back to what doesnt work. I expected him to come on and be a like for like for Gomes (who I agree was a little off pace). I know why Silva then wanted to play a second striker but it was never going to work. Whilst we only had 1 sub remaining, I did think Walcott deserved to come off in my opinion however that then stunted our forward line. If DCL needs to come off then just go like for like. If he doesnt then swap Lookman for Walcott.

I agree, although you can add quite a few English wingers to that list... Lennon, Redmond etc

I'm not even entirely convinced that Walker would be a premiership player without pace. He certainly wouldnt be a top 10 player.

Its moments at 5.52 that get me. Lets the first runner go without tracking him and then he lets the next man run off his back to get the header in on Pickford.

Then you also get the opposite action where he hares into something he shouldnt. In the build up to Fernandino being booked Gana made a great challenge but just before that he is running across to join in on a 3 v 1 (1 being the City player) and bar an excellent last minute adjustment, the City player would have been in a great position. If the pass was delayed by half a second he wouldnt have been able to make the tackle cleanly.

Its not a lack of effort, its a lack of awareness and it does happen regularly in games. Its what you get with him, and if you play him you have to accept it because sometimes he will win you balls you wouldnt normally expect and other times he will leave you open or gives away cheap freekicks. I don't know whether others just don't see it or whether they just accept the risk?

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match highlights/2019/february/everton v city extended highlights

Bailey his lack of awareness is like I’ve always said he sees the ball and nothing else, that’s why I came up with like a dog and ball magnet, but he’s 29 played all his life like that and you won’t change him now. 

When Gylfi and Gana are playing in midfield together the third mid was left hung out to dry as I’ve mentioned before, because Gylfi offered fuck all to midfield playing more as a second striker and Gana was running all over the place going awol  

Now we have all witnessed it for ourselves don’t play Gana with Gylfi because the midfield becomes none existent, for me that doesn’t mean the end for Gylfi in games were we want to be more attacking in our play it’s Gylfi Davies and Gomes and in games were we want to be more defensive it’s Gana Davies and Gomes  

18 hours ago, pete0 said:

Any idea what Gana's doing for the second goal? As to me it just looks like he's miles out of position and then half arsedly jogs back into midfield without giving any fucks. 

Second goal is all on Keane IMO, he completely goes to sleep and has his eyes on the ball and not Jesus strolling around behind him. Keane should know exactly where he is and be able to stop the ball getting to him. A quality DM would have tried cutting off the angle between the passer and Jesus but I wouldnt hold him at fault for it.

EDIT:

Actually watching it again you cant see exactly what happened in the bottom left corner but we start off with a 3 v 2. Man City have an extra man in the middle so someone has to go forward so someone needs to push up out of the line. The question is who it should be and how. Davies gets the wrong side of De Bruyne and is beaten by him but neither Gana or Keane actually look for their men, they just watch the ball. I watch that and just wonder why Gana doesnt go in front of Jesus first and then out and I do get the feeling Keane thinks Gana is still there by his body shape as he actually turns his back on Jesus which is madness. If anything I think it is a combination of fatigue (Davies weak challenge) and crap communication. If Keane thinks Gana is there then he should be pointing and shouting at him. Gana pushes out of the line because his natural reaction is to go to the ball and then there is a massive channel for the ball to go through.

I hear a lot about Walcott tracking back and Lookman not but go back to the chance around 1:10 in the highlights.

Walcott is the one keeping an eye on Sane. He thinks Bernard has won the ball and trots forward (the most inopportune time for Davies to look at what is around him) which I understand, but then I would expect him to react and get back in as soon as it is lost but no he just hangs Kenny out to dry.

Its also worth noting how great the defending is from Zouma. He presses the ball before the interception. Then prepares to confront Gundogan in the second phase where he is out of the line with everyone covered and then he spots Gundogan (left completely free by Gomes) and gets the block in. Most defenders in that situation would have just dropped back into the line and we would have conceded a big chance.

A really similar thing happens at 1.58, this time it looks like poor communication. You cant see wide right for City but I would bet there is someone there creating a 5 v 4. I cant see any of the back 4 shouting at their midfield to tuck in. The back 4 do well and the midfield do tuck in a bit but again Walcott takes the easy option to double upon on Sane instead of picking up Silva. He can see the massive gap caused by City stretching the back 4. You would hope to see Gomes drop in and Keane go out to Silva as well, but Gomes just doesnt react to defensive situations. Zouma and Digne between them do well enough to block off most angles and do enough to stop a better shot on goal. Bernardo Silva would have a tap in though where Bernard is watching it all kick off. After that the players are all over the place (understandably) but Sane who was once being double marked by Walcott and Kenny is now whiskers away from scoring on the 6 yard line but Zouma is in a good position again.

Rinse and repeat at 3.21 (albeit Walcott tries a bit harder this time) and thats all I can be arsed to look at!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

If Keane thinks Gana is there then he should be pointing and shouting at him. Gana pushes out of the line because his natural reaction is to go to the ball and then there is a massive channel for the ball to go through.

I didn't realise it in real time but from the replay there's massive questions why Gana isn'tt there as it's where you'd expect him to be. Would need to see more angles to see if he's justified in being near the RB. 

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

Walcott is the one keeping an eye on Sane. He thinks Bernard has won the ball and trots forward (the most inopportune time for Davies to look at what is around him) which I understand, but then I would expect him to react and get back in as soon as it is lost but no he just hangs Kenny out to dry.

Walcott did that all game long. Barely an attempt to help Kenny for his 80 minutes on the pitch. It's a massive myth that Walcott justifies his inclusion because he works hard for the full-back behind him.

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

If not for the goal I'd have been asking Mike for an extra vote as him and Davies were excellent. 

The thing with that goal when you look back is how terrible it is just from that dummy from the City player. Any system that is that easy to disrupt shouldnt be used. 

From memory 3 players at the front of the line all drop in 3 or 4 yards and Keane gets blocked off whereas Zouma more or less holds his position because he isnt fooled by the dummy. However as the players at the front of the line have dropped, he then has to try and catch up to be in line with them. Laporte drops off because its clearly something they have worked on and he has that seperation from Zouma. 

Its just another indication of the intelligence of the players we have and how poorly they communicate and organise each other. As I mentioned in another thread, if its that difficult for the players to understand collectively then they need to make things simpler and change that system.