IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday February 6th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Funnily enough they're the fans that the kopites have been taking the piss out of today. 

He's only played thanks to injuries before tonight. Better manager would have had him playing every week or at least the bottom clubs that Gana does nothing against. 

Good man management not playing him whilst we been getting our arse kicked week in week out because our midfield have been shit I don't think so quite the opposite poor management, it's taken him till now to realise that Gylfi has offered nothing for months and let the midfield down massively.

On 02/02/2019 at 21:34, Zoo 2.0 said:

Set-pieces might aswell be penalties against us. Absolutely mind-numbing how many times we concede from them and it's honestly baffling how Silva can't see it and switch to man-to-man marking. What was the definition of insanity again?

Frustrating that I can literally copy and paste my post from the Wolves game and it applies here. As soon as Gueye tripped the lad over and gave away a free-kick you just knew we were going 1-0 down.

The lads did well today, a much better attitude and with a quality striker up front (Lukaku in his prime springs to mind) then we would have caused Ederson problems and arguably won, as it happens we did very little in the final third and come away on the wrong side of 2-0. 

The silver lining is that this obviously helps City in the title race which I can live with, I couldn't stomach actively wanting Everton to lose but I can live with it if it upsets a few Kopites and stops them from winning the league and declaring a national holiday. 

Shout-out to Silva for mixing things up too, Kenny was an improvement on Coleman, Bernard was much better than Richarlison has been and the middle three worked well for the most part without Sigurdsson. Walcott had another game to forget, the only player for me who didn't really get going so perhaps a spell on the sidelines would do him good. I like him as a player but for too long he's not really contributed - would honestly start the likes of Lookman or Bernard instead.

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Good man management not playing him whilst we been getting our arse kicked week in week out because our midfield have been shit I don't think so quite the opposite poor management, it's taken him till now to realise that Gylfi has offered nothing for months and let the midfield down massively.

90% of people on here would agree until now Davies hadn’t taken any of his chances and weren’t sure what he actually brought.

maybe, just maybe in all this time Marco and the coaching staff have been working hard on his game in certain to help him grow and have felt he is ready now. 

Alternatively he could have kept playing him when he was struggling and the encouraging sections of Goodison could have helped him along - did Barkley they world of good hey!

Surprised at all the Walcott hate he was our most dangerous player and the only one giving them a headache. Couple of poor touches and one sloppy pass but no more than any winger. Shouldn't have been subbed and had he not been he may have made the difference. 

First half today we showed a lot more effort and for the first time in ages played like a team. I only wanted to choke Gana about 3 times in the first half which is a record watching him. Gomes was a little off the pace and Bernard didn't see much of the ball. Davies was the best player on the pitch and not for the first time playing against City. Kenny kept winning his battles with Sane and Zouma was excellent bar the goal. 

Second half was ruined by the subs and then the referee. Why on earth bring Sigurdssen on and disrupt the midfield when Davies had been doing so well linking the midfield and we actually looked like a team. Richarlison for Bernard makes sense but unfortunately nothing come off for him. Tosun for Walcott is mind boggling, why move DCL wide when he's on his arse from running and take our biggest outlet off. Took two of our fastest players off for two of our slowest against a team that plays a high line, and moved players into different positions to do so. Silva is a fucking moose. 

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

90% of people on here would agree until now Davies hadn’t taken any of his chances and weren’t sure what he actually brought.

maybe, just maybe in all this time Marco and the coaching staff have been working hard on his game in certain to help him grow and have felt he is ready now. 

Alternatively he could have kept playing him when he was struggling and the encouraging sections of Goodison could have helped him along - did Barkley they world of good hey!

No I don't think so like I said he was playing Gylfi who was offering fuck all in midfield and we were getting swamped with just 2 men doing the work of 3, no great managerial insight took him to long to change it.

Games are won and lost in midfield. We did better tonight because of the midfield, although we’re not there yet. 

Sigurdsson disrupts the balance of the team. We saw the difference tonight when he’s not starting. It’s more balanced without him. 

We should be giving youngsters the chance. Davies and Kenny proved why. 

Yes, I’m repeating what I’ve said for several weeks because I’m convinced I’m right on these points. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

I don’t get how you can slam Gana for being a shit footballer ( technically ) and yet praise Walcott?

Walcott was fucking shite. The fella next to me laughed so much because everything Walcott did was woeful. He didn’t even make up for it by helping Kenny out defensively - constantly nowhere to be found and left JJK totally exposed to Sane. Fortunately, JJK was up to the task. 

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Seriously. We were clearly watching two different games. Walcott was the worst player on the pitch by a country mile. Country mile. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Walcott was fucking shite. The fella next to me laughed so much because everything Walcott did was woeful. He didn’t even make up for it by helping Kenny out defensively - constantly nowhere to be found and left JJK totally exposed to Sane. Fortunately, JJK was up to the task. 

For the record - I’m not saying Walcott is good or played good. I honestly believe if he wasn’t fast he would be in the championship or lower.

433 works.

Dropping Sig works. We went shite when he came on, not saying he's shite but our team work better without him in the team.

Davies and Kenny work.

Walcott is shite and needs binning off asap.

Our defence against set pieces is shite and needs addressing asap.

All in all, on Saturday I'd keep 433, replace Walcott with Bernard and play Richarlison on the left, swap DCL with Tosun and we will get 3 points (providing we don't give away any free kicks)

2 minutes ago, aaron said:

433 works.

Dropping Sig works. We went shite when he came on, not saying he's shite but our team work better without him in the team.

Davies and Kenny work.

Walcott is shite and needs binning off asap.

Our defence against set pieces is shite and needs addressing asap.

All in all, on Saturday I'd keep 433, replace Walcott with Bernard and play Richarlison on the left, swap DCL with Tosun and we will get 3 points (providing we don't give away any free kicks)

I hope Lookman is fit and can replace Walcott. I want Richarlison nowhere near the starting 11.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope Lookman is fit and can replace Walcott. I want Richarlison nowhere near the starting 11.

See I wouldn't mind Lookman starting but I'd love nothing more than Richarlison scoring the winner and celebrating like fuck in front Watford fans with Marco.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Very disappointed to read this. It wasn’t two years ago you tore into someone else for making the very same comment. You wrote then that a true Everton fan would never suggest such a thing. What changed? Where’s the passion gone?

Quote me on that? Plus I’m not really arsed if you’re disappointed or not. Our seasons over if losing to Cuty means Liverpool lose the league then so be it.

12 hours ago, Btay said:

I don’t get how you can slam Gana for being a shit footballer ( technically ) and yet praise Walcott?

Walcott does not like football.... he doesn't care.  He is apathetic to the emotions of supporters.   A truly gifted athlete who could probably excel in a load of sports.... it just seems he picked a well paid popular sport to insert himself into.

Coleman, Gana, Pickford,  Kenny... I have seen every one of these players remonstrate with him. He doesn't give a toss.  The manager has played him dropped him then played him.

I don't think he has even settled up here. Pick g up a fat final contract wage before the MLS calls IMO

29 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Walcott does not like football.... he doesn't care.  He is apathetic to the emotions of supporters.   A truly gifted athlete who could probably excel in a load of sports.... it just seems he picked a well paid popular sport to insert himself into.

Coleman, Gana, Pickford,  Kenny... I have seen every one of these players remonstrate with him. He doesn't give a toss.  The manager has played him dropped him then played him.

I don't think he has even settled up here. Pick g up a fat final contract wage before the MLS calls IMO

The lad who left the cushy bench of Arsenal to come play every week for us. The one that hoped  he'd be able to force himself back into the England team rather than put his feet up for the summer. Yea he hates football him. 

Sound more like you're on about Gana. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

The lad who left the cushy bench of Arsenal to come play every week for us. The one that hoped  he'd be able to force himself back into the England team rather than put his feet up for the summer. Yea he hates football him. 

Sound more like you're on about Gana. 

To be fair he will be on more money here than he was at Arsenal. Not that I am taking sides. Just playing devils advocate!

Just now, Aidan said:

Fair enough, surprised we didn't pay him 10 fold for a laugh like we did every other signing these past few seasons!

Sickening looking at the wages we've thrown at Sigurdssen, Keane, Schneiderlin, Sandro (£120k a week! 😲) and Tosun. Gonna be hard to convince another club to buy any of them off us and put them on their wage bill. Probs take a hit on the transfer fees and still end up paying a % of the wages.

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Sickening looking at the wages we've thrown at Sigurdssen, Keane, Schneiderlin, Sandro (£120k a week! 😲) and Tosun. Gonna be hard to convince another club to buy any of them off us and put them on their wage bill. Probs take a hit on the transfer fees and still end up paying a % of the wages.

Catch 22 - keep them in the reserves until they take reduced wages off a club for first team football - or loan them out and pay a fraction of their wages every season until their contract expires. No doubt some will be happy to rot in the reserves for 120k a week!

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Catch 22 - keep them in the reserves until they take reduced wages off a club for first team football - or loan them out and pay a fraction of their wages every season until their contract expires. No doubt some will be happy to rot in the reserves for 120k a week!

Imagine being Sandro here. You'd happily sit in the reserves and just party every week. You know you're not gonna get near the first team or get paid half as much elsewhere so why bother. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Imagine being Sandro here. You'd happily sit in the reserves and just party every week. You know you're not gonna get near the first team or get paid half as much elsewhere so why bother. 

Spot on. Its been an awful move for him his career went from promising Barcelona acadamy player to absolutely dreadful in the blink of an eye.