IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Wednesday February 6th

markjazzbassist

Kenny MOTM. Davies played well. Gomes was effective but quiet, as was his replacement in Sigurdsson. Tosun a nuisance when he came on.

Pickford, Zouma and Gana all with mixed games, each making a couple key stops but also crucial mistakes (leading to goals in the case of the latter two).

DCL was mostly anonymous, though that has more to do with how City control possession than anything else. Bernard solid but didn’t offer anything very creative. Digne the same.

Keane, Walcott and Richarlison all very poor.

4 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

We are comical. Zouma just blocks off Pickford from making that final save.

The whole communication of the back line is awful, but it's pickford coming for everything and not being able to claim it is sort of becoming a pattern. 

Feckin hell!!! Feels like every 50/50 goes in against us at the moment.

Flattering scoreline for city that.

Plenty of positives for us tonight. Silva needs to get these lads in the changing room and tell them straight that's what we need in every game. No excuses. Put in that level of determination and guts, and the crowd will respond. The points will come.

City are an excellent team. Brilliant to watch.

Its a shame we didn't play like that against Wolves.

We showed at the end that we lack any invention with Richarlison, Tosun, DCL and Walcott. Richarlison tried to run through everyone but couldnt make anything stick. I am surprised Bernard was subbed.

Hopefully we can build on this moving forward.

I’m angry again though because it shows the level we have in us - that kind of performance against any team bar city/Liverpool and you get a positive result 9/10 times. 

Davies - keep him in, he looks a different player ( good man management taking him out of the spotlight + the armband is a good push for him )

Kenny - MOM, could save us big money on a new player. He must play every game from here on so we know 100% if he is the answer because Coleman has shown his level and it’s not enough.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

I’m angry again though because it shows the level we have in us - that kind of performance against any team bar city/Liverpool and you get a positive result 9/10 times. 

Davies - keep him in, he looks a different player ( good man management taking him out of the spotlight + the armband is a good push for him )

Kenny - MOM, could save us big money on a new player. He must play every game from here on so we know 100% if he is the answer because Coleman has shown his level and it’s not enough.

Outstanding post

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Feckin hell!!! Feels like every 50/50 goes in against us at the moment.

Flattering scoreline for city that.

Plenty of positives for us tonight. Silva needs to get these lads in the changing room and tell them straight that's what we need in every game. No excuses. Put in that level of determination and guts, and the crowd will respond. The points will come.

City are an excellent team. Brilliant to watch.

Agreed but I bet he only comes out with sound bites.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

😂😂😂 I live in Halewood you mook. 

All I see is a fan that's happy to see us lose so that he doesn't get mocked in the street, and another that wants us to win in order to kick start OUR season. Have a word with yourself Haf. 

Don't ever try to make out like my support is any less worth than yours, especially when you're aiming for us to lose. 

I'm not making out your support is less than mine...I believe you were the one questioning me and my support.

It was a no win situation.  Put simply... the loss of this game will sting for a day or two. Them lot winning the league will sting our ears and senses for years to come. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

The whole communication of the back line is awful, but it's pickford coming for everything and not being able to claim it is sort of becoming a pattern. 

I think we just need a real tough guy at the back. Someone who just deals with it. Keane is soft and Zouma gets knocked around so much for a big man. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

😂😂😂 I live in Halewood you mook. 

All I see is a fan that's happy to see us lose so that he doesn't get mocked in the street, and another that wants us to win in order to kick start OUR season. Have a word with yourself Haf. 

Don't ever try to make out like my support is any less worth than yours, especially when you're aiming for us to lose. 

Funnily enough they're the fans that the kopites have been taking the piss out of today. 

11 minutes ago, Btay said:

He's only played thanks to injuries before tonight. Better manager would have had him playing every week or at least the bottom clubs that Gana does nothing against. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Funnily enough they're the fans that the kopites have been taking the piss out of today. 

He's only played thanks to injuries before tonight. Better manager would have had him playing every week or at least the bottom clubs that Gana does nothing against. 

Would have been easy for a manager to drop him and go with Gylfi. Think he’s been handled well and his performances reflect that in my opinion.

Agree on Gana against bottom clubs - I’ve made that point myself on a few occasions.

Just now, pete0 said:

Ah the kopites.... the same fans who practically cheered when Gerrard put drogba through on goal to score a goal that stopped United pipping Chelsea to the title in 2010.... who remained stone silent when redknapp inexplicably lashed a free kick in the net to almost stop Blackburn winning the league instead of the mancs. 

Yeah I should be holding myself to the high standards that lot display .. make sure I don't offend them.