IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Joe Hart would improve us massively, his attitude alone would be great for our defence. Not to mention he's a big name too.

He's only 29, could get a good six years out of him.

I'd love Pickford to come in, but you'll have two or three years more of mistakes while he'll still be learning. I'm not sure our crowd would be any good for him.

Joe Hart would improve us massively, his attitude alone would be great for our defence. Not to mention he's a big name too.

He's only 29, could get a good six years out of him.

I'd love Pickford to come in, but you'll have two or three years more of mistakes while he'll still be learning. I'm not sure our crowd would be any good for him.

and joe "own goal" hart would? if he was Italian you wouldn't care about ole joe, it's only because he's the national team keeper. average at best.

he would not be an improvement. Pickford and Butland would be possibilities for the long term future.

Mark, don't be silly mate. Hart is a much better keeper than all 3 and City were fucking stupid to let him go.

The fact they brought Bravo in to replace him is laughable.

I rate Hart tbh he's had the odd clanger (Bale.. Bastard!) but what keeper hasn't his tend to be highlighted more due to who he was playing for and the media tend to vilify home grown players

I like Joel I do think he'll be fine if he gets a run of games but for me Hart would be a great option for us for the reasons Steve states

Edited by EFC-Paul

Hart is bang average. Every manager was gonna get rid of him, only they got moved on first. If he wasn't English I doubt he'd ever have been at a top half club.

Exactly. I posted his stats on that thread and he is equivalent with Tim Howard, nowhere close to Gigi Buffon de gea, lloris neuer etc. he's average and the stats prove it

You've listed world class keepers possibly one or two of the best ever to play whom of which no one has ever compared Hart to

He's definitely not up there with the likes of Buffon etc that goes without saying but he's a tier above what Howard was imo and stats don't always paint a perfect picture, last season...

Top 10

Name

Mins per goal conceded

Hugo Lloris

Fraser Forster

Joe Hart

David De Gea

Petr Cech

Kasper Schmeichel

Ben Foster

Maarten Stekelenburg

Top 10

Name

Games per clean sheet

Joe Hart

David De Gea

Petr Cech

Kasper Schmeichel

Fraser Forster

Hugo Lloris

Maarten Stekelenburg

Ben Foster

Edited by EFC-Paul

Hart is the in the "best of the rest" section if you will, hes not world class but certainly isn't average. His problem is he hasn't been challenged in a long time, now you have a few keepers who could replace him at international level and his city career as good as over he will have a point to prove. I'd rather have Forster but would happily take Hart.

but they were sacked, so who cares?

If they got a better keeper in maybe they wouldn't have been.

Just showing Hart wasn't good enough for his previous managers (Pellegrini dropped him as well). How many players aren't rated by 3 managers and still come good? Hart has made a comfy living from winning the birth lottery and being at City when they won the ownership lotto, in 2 words I'd describe him as a lucky bastard more than talented goalkeeper.

They wanted Begovic, and that should be the minimum we look at.

Didn't they buy him from Shrewsbury?

Hart isn't a world class keeper, but he is a very good keeper.

He is also an easy target for fans, which shows.

We should have stepped in when we had chance and tempted him here. Would have been a very good signing for us.

Good shot stopper and very brave.

Just showing Hart wasn't good enough for his previous managers (Pellegrini dropped him as well). How many players aren't rated by 3 managers and still come good? Hart has made a comfy living from winning the birth lottery and being at City when they won the ownership lotto, in 2 words I'd describe him as a lucky bastard more than talented goalkeeper.

they had hundreds of millions, why didn't they replace him or spend big for Begovic?

Dropped him.

Did he? Stats say he played 67 of a possible 76 league games in the 2 years Pelligrini was in charge. He was replaced for a month, but came back in and played the vast majority of the campaign

Oh, and interesting fact after doing some looking up - Hart won 2 Golden Gloves under Mancini and 2 under Pelligrini, broke a club record for clean sheets in a season (29), broke a Champions League record for saves in a game against Barcelona (10) and has made penalty saves in CL games from the likes of Messi and Ibra.

Yeah, bang fucking average :doh:

Edited by Matt

Joe Hart is a very very good keeper.... he's not world class, but that word is bandied round too often. Buffon, Neuer, De gea that's it are the only ones playing who are or have been world class.

To say that he is lucky is a joke - the lad has been very good for man city and you can see what they miss now they have sold him.

Begovic? Another Tim Howard for me - great on his day but misses too many that he should save.

Did he? Stats say he played 67 of a possible 76 league games in the 2 years Pelligrini was in charge. He was replaced for a month, but came back in and played the vast majority of the campaign

Oh, and interesting fact after doing some looking up - Hart won 2 Golden Gloves under Mancini and 2 under Pelligrini, broke a club record for clean sheets in a season (29), broke a Champions League record for saves in a game against Barcelona (10) and has made penalty saves in CL games from the likes of Messi and Ibra.

Yer, who needs Hart when we have Robles.

Mind blowing isn't it ?

Hart will go on to have a solid career after this man city debacle. Fair play to him for being an ever present in the time of their progression - he has seen players come and go left right and centre.

Not to mention had countless shit defenders in front of him (bar Kompany).

Also conducted himself very well whenever under scrutiny. He has the mentality of an Everton player in my opinion.

Both league winning sides and top defenses in front of him. Paper of the cracks. Even bravo wuld look good on those sides because he wouldn't have to save much. He's hid behind a good defense his whole career. Forster on the other hand stands out regardless of who's in front at Celtic and soton. Same with Pickford at Sunderland.

Hart as the stats I posted in his transfer thread show that he is no better than Tim Howard's best year.

Both league winning sides and top defenses in front of him. Paper of the cracks. Even bravo wuld look good on those sides because he wouldn't have to save much. He's hid behind a good defense his whole career. Forster on the other hand stands out regardless of who's in front at Celtic and soton. Same with Pickford at Sunderland.

Hart as the stats I posted in his transfer thread show that he is no better than Tim Howard's best year.

Really? Top defenses?? 4 years of winning the Golden Glove out of 6 seasons is not just down to the defence, especially when you factor in who he has had in front of him!

To quote yourself; just admit it, you just don't like him ;)