IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Options that woul show ambition and nerve. Would cost a bit more but would be excellent additions to the squad. These guys would cost a lot more, but there's some potential 'worldies' in there...they need game time and at present (3/4) aren't getting it at their parent clubs.

Centre / Attacking mid

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dennis-praet/Profil/spieler_129588.html

Defensive Mid

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/emre-can/profil/spieler_119296.html

Striker

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/john-guidetti/profil/spieler_98596.html

Attacking Mid / Winger

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/lucas-piazon/profil/spieler_176485.html

All would need convincing, hope that first team football is a draw!

Emre Can is a really good shout. (and you all know what I feel about Guidetti but even I'm getting worried about his injuries now)

Dale Jennings would be an interesting one, a couple of years development at Bayern - is he ever really going to get a chance there in the 1st team? I don't know much about him (maybe someone who does could inform us) but for him to get that move to Bayern and a couple of years development then surely he's got have something about him?!

Only through watching them. Well guess what, don't "quick glance" at their transfermarkt profiles...watch them play football.

I can only imagine that you judge a book by its cover? Do you see a player in a pack of stickers and dismiss it because it's not a "shiny"?

Some players evolve in a team, others regress. Some players have individual qualities that make them stand out, others need people around them to truely show their quality.

I know of those players by watching football. Actual football. Not Match of the day. Not reading what The S*n says. Not listening to Internet warriors. But by actually watching football. I'm sad, I like football...more than I should. Do to keep an open mind, I watch random leagues/games/tournaments? Sometimes I read an article on a particular player, not heard of them before so guess what...? I watch them. Form my own opinion.

What I gave above were cheap options, squad fillers, young lads who given the right training and coaching, could be more than even I've given them credit for. They could (holy fuck would you Adam and eve it) play football :o shock fucking horror! Stop me now.

They wouldn't waltz into Our first team lineup, but how do you know? How did Moyes know that when he bought mr Cahill, that he would get that sort of goal return, from a player he bought from a league 1 team? Guess what (again)...he didn't. He tried, he tested, it worked. Boom. Moyes - The Winner.

Ok, on the flipside, just to keep things even.

Bily, bought for £9m, expected to be the next best thing since 'love-eggs' (engrossingly entertaining btw) but guess what (how many times now?)...he wasn't. Scored some beauties, was scared of the ball.

How do I know that the above players will be good? I don't. How do I know that they'll be good enough to play for Everton? I don't. Are they good enough for a chance? Why the fuck not :)

You see, I've just highlighted just a few examples of people that I've watched/seen play football. Some have been world beaters for their respective teams, tekkers and guile that I could only dream about, whereas on the other hand, some of them are always consistent, continually running and making tackles and intercepting shots and passes and doing all the shitty bits that noone gives two fooking hoots about...bar me and football professionals.

So to summarise...I don't know that they'll be good enough but not do you, because you've had one "quick glance" at their transfermarkt profile and they're just. Not. Good. Enough.

A thank you.

Yes because we all love to watch Ukrainian and israelian football we all choose to watch such a superb footballing league where all stars are born! Because we all have the time to do just that. Sorry I don't try to pretend to be some sort of part time scout. No point trying to class me as someone who only watches football via the short snippets shown on MOTD and someone who reads the shite that's printed in the sun. You don't know nothing about me, to make that assumption. There was no need to have a tantrum when I asked how you knew they were good players? Im sure most people would be as ignorant as me when they know nothing about these players. Nobody else would have heard of them it just looked like you got open fifa or football manager put in some young and cheap search parameters, chose a specific position and listed your results. Who the hell here is to know how you spend your spare time searching the most obscure and lesser known leagues looking for young raw talent.

Yes because we all love to watch Ukrainian and israelian football we all choose to watch such a superb footballing league where all stars are born! - You should try it one day.

Because we all have the time to do just that. Sorry I don't try to pretend to be some sort of part time scout. - i dont either, just listing my opinions, not writing reports or using statistical analysis to add weight to my selections.

No point trying to class me as someone who only watches football via the short snippets shown on MOTD and someone who reads the shite that's printed in the sun. - I didn't (read it again), I actually said "I".

You don't know nothing about me, to make that assumption. - Didnt make one at you.

There was no need to have a tantrum when I asked how you knew they were good players? - The sarcasm in your post suggested differently.

Im sure most people would be as ignorant as me when they know nothing about these players. Nobody else would have heard of them it just looked like you got open fifa or football manager put in some young and cheap search parameters, chose a specific position and listed your results. - If I had have put in "cheap", "young" into a 'search parameter', maybe the results wouldn't be good enough for Everton Football Club, as you first suggested in your post.

Who the hell here is to know how you spend your spare time searching the most obscure and lesser known leagues looking for young raw talent.

Now you do. *note for future ref:

No point trying to class me as someone who only watches football via the short snippets shown on MOTD and someone who reads the shite that's printed in the sun. - I didn't (read it again), I actually said "I".

- You haven't made your replies clear enough as people could interprete what you've said differently to what you meant for them to read it as.

There was no need to have a tantrum when I asked how you knew they were good players? - The sarcasm in your post suggested differently.

- There was no sarcasm at all in the original or first reply. That is a matter of you not reading it properly enough to understand that there was very little tone to it all. It was just me being curious to how you know these players from lesser known leagues would be good additions to the our squad.

Im sure most people would be as ignorant as me when they know nothing about these players. Nobody else would have heard of them it just looked like you got open fifa or football manager put in some young and cheap search parameters, chose a specific position and listed your results. - If I had have put in "cheap", "young" into a 'search parameter', maybe the results wouldn't be good enough for Everton Football Club, as you first suggested in your post.

- Most people would think it would be a lack of ambition looking at a second striker who didn't get a single goal or an assist in 26 games playing over 1000 minutes. However I must say your second post regarding players which would show ambition was good and featured players of quality that could actually add quality to our team or squad.

Who the hell here is to know how you spend your spare time searching the most obscure and lesser known leagues looking for young raw talent. - Now you do. *note for future ref:

- Now I do know. But football is a game of opinions and even if I haven't seen these players. I am entitled to my opinion that we should be looking at better players and show more ambition. I accept that some of these players you have suggested could be undiscovered gems that could cost little money and improve our team but its not certain they are and they are not. And as an everton supporter I want nothing but the best for our club.

Dale Jennings would be an interesting one, a couple of years development at Bayern - is he ever really going to get a chance there in the 1st team? I don't know much about him (maybe someone who does could inform us) but for him to get that move to Bayern and a couple of years development then surely he's got have something about him?!

He's looking for a move back to England after failing to settle in Germany and Bayern are allowing him to leave: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/8729551/Bayern-Munich-youngster-Dale-Jennings-is-keen-to-return-to-England

Would Love to see Preat here! I've heard a lot about Emre can but i've never seen much of him. I know there you've classed him as a defensive midfielder Ten, is he more of an Anchor man ala Felli or a kind of Makelele defensive midfielder?

Sorry GR, just noticed this.

He is as 'all-round' as humanly possible. I put him as a DM just because of his sheer size and presence (also because he's been played as CB in the past), but he's probably a better as a CM. Great ability on the ball for a big lad, needs to calm down at times, can be a little 'rash', shall we say?

The closest type of player(s) that he can be described as, is a Ballack/Gerrard/Fellaini mix. Tall, built, great feet (Like Fellaini); vision and passing accuracy (Ballack); great engine and dominant out of possession (Gerrard). He's a better version of Capoue of Toulouse and has the potential to be phenomenal.

He has some bad traits too (selfishness being his big one) but someone like Moyes would have been able to drill that out of him.

In all honesty, I just can't see Bayern letting him go on a permanent but there's no reason as to why we couldn't be considered for a loan team. He's been playing for Bayern II, so they obviously want to keep him but with Javi Martinez, Tymoshchuk, Gustavo & Schweinsteiger in front of him, games are hard to come by.

If he goes out on loan to a bigger club in Europe, he'll flourish. Bayern will be stupid to let him go IMO. SO a loan is a good option for them.

We should be trying to buy him from Porto. He's been on loan at River Plate the second half of the season, so either they don't feel he's ready (stupid) or he's had issues meshing with the team. Can you imagine him on the right with Mirallas on the left? So. much. pace (with skill to boot). You'll see that he plays both wings. Left-footed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2LCj73Ukj4

We should be trying to buy him from Porto. He's been on loan at River Plate the second half of the season, so either they don't feel he's ready (stupid) or he's had issues meshing with the team. Can you imagine him on the right with Mirallas on the left? So. much. pace (with skill to boot). You'll see that he plays both wings. Left-footed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2LCj73Ukj4

I don't need to tell you lads how fantastic Seamus is. How would having a winger in front of him affect his game?

Am I alone in thinking our priority is a strong defensive midfielder?

If Fellaini goes, then yes. Otherwise I don't really see the point of having two class defensive midfielders in the squad.

What I do think he need in midfield is a young, genuine box-to-box mid in the vein of Fer, Ofoe and others we've been linked with over the past year. The one attribute we really lack in our midfield is some pace through the middle and having another midfielder with a good engine is always a sound idea in a squad full of aging legs.

If Fellaini goes, then yes. Otherwise I don't really see the point of having two class defensive midfielders in the squad.

What I do think he need in midfield is a young, genuine box-to-box mid in the vein of Fer, Ofoe and others we've been linked with over the past year. The one attribute we really lack in our midfield is some pace through the middle and having another midfielder with a good engine is always a sound idea in a squad full of aging legs.

There's always a point in having class players, especially if they didn't cost you an arm and a leg. However, I agree with your second part. An engine, box to box player is key for us moving forward (imo). Someone who has all the traits to slip into roles all the way through the spine (DM, CM, AM (if needed)).

There's plenty of those players around, problem is, they're always the 'heartbeat' of teams and usually cost the most money.

Edited by tenaciousj