IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Just heard David James has had his contract mutually terminated - I fear he may be Mucha's competition while Howard is out injured!!!

Funnily enough I was on holiday in Iceland last week and I was at the Blue Lagoon in the sauna room with my girlfriend, who walks in?! David James! Pretty random!.

It's beautiful Mike I'd highly recommend it. The natural scenery is out of this world!

Blue Lagoon is a massive tourist trap.

Iceland is brilliant. Get yourself a four by four and a map and just drive around. There are excellent off road trails that will give you the full experience.

Blue Lagoon is a massive tourist trap.

Iceland is brilliant. Get yourself a four by four and a map and just drive around. There are excellent off road trails that will give you the full experience.

Yea that's what we did, we just stopped at the blue lagoon to chill out after the flight. We drove right across the south coast and visited lots of little towns, so beautiful.

• 1 month later...

The FA Cup final is likely to be goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon's last game for Manchester City, after the 26-year-old revealed that he wants to find a club where he is number one.

Full story: The Independent

We should be straight on this if it's true - he looks a solid keeper.

He's the biggest player in the league at 6'8 so you can't really question why he's a goalkeeper. I've only seen him a handful of times because he hasn't really played much for City and he doesn't exactly get me going. The first game I saw him in was this years Community Shield where he made an absolute clanger and from then on I've never really fancied him.

If it was possible I'd like us to sign an already established number one (such as Mignolet, Krul) if the price was right.

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious how do you know these are good options? Do you know anything about these players? because at quick glance at their transfermarkt profiles they don't look like they are of good enough quality to improve the squad

Probably a FM player here

Edited by Sibenik

Options that woul show ambition and nerve. Would cost a bit more but would be excellent additions to the squad. These guys would cost a lot more, but there's some potential 'worldies' in there...they need game time and at present (3/4) aren't getting it at their parent clubs.

Centre / Attacking mid

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dennis-praet/Profil/spieler_129588.html

Defensive Mid

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/emre-can/profil/spieler_119296.html

Striker

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/john-guidetti/profil/spieler_98596.html

Attacking Mid / Winger

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/lucas-piazon/profil/spieler_176485.html

All would need convincing, hope that first team football is a draw!

Just curious how do you know these are good options? Do you know anything about these players? because at quick glance at their transfermarkt profiles they don't look like they are of good enough quality to improve the squad

Only through watching them. Well guess what, don't "quick glance" at their transfermarkt profiles...watch them play football.

I can only imagine that you judge a book by its cover? Do you see a player in a pack of stickers and dismiss it because it's not a "shiny"?

Some players evolve in a team, others regress. Some players have individual qualities that make them stand out, others need people around them to truely show their quality.

I know of those players by watching football. Actual football. Not Match of the day. Not reading what The S*n says. Not listening to Internet warriors. But by actually watching football. I'm sad, I like football...more than I should. Do to keep an open mind, I watch random leagues/games/tournaments? Sometimes I read an article on a particular player, not heard of them before so guess what...? I watch them. Form my own opinion.

What I gave above were cheap options, squad fillers, young lads who given the right training and coaching, could be more than even I've given them credit for. They could (holy fuck would you Adam and eve it) play football :o shock fucking horror! Stop me now.

They wouldn't waltz into Our first team lineup, but how do you know? How did Moyes know that when he bought mr Cahill, that he would get that sort of goal return, from a player he bought from a league 1 team? Guess what (again)...he didn't. He tried, he tested, it worked. Boom. Moyes - The Winner.

Ok, on the flipside, just to keep things even.

Bily, bought for £9m, expected to be the next best thing since 'love-eggs' (engrossingly entertaining btw) but guess what (how many times now?)...he wasn't. Scored some beauties, was scared of the ball.

How do I know that the above players will be good? I don't. How do I know that they'll be good enough to play for Everton? I don't. Are they good enough for a chance? Why the fuck not :)

You see, I've just highlighted just a few examples of people that I've watched/seen play football. Some have been world beaters for their respective teams, tekkers and guile that I could only dream about, whereas on the other hand, some of them are always consistent, continually running and making tackles and intercepting shots and passes and doing all the shitty bits that noone gives two fooking hoots about...bar me and football professionals.

So to summarise...I don't know that they'll be good enough but not do you, because you've had one "quick glance" at their transfermarkt profile and they're just. Not. Good. Enough.

A thank you.