IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

I think Osman is a better comparison. I don't think he has the finesse with the ball that Coleman has. He reminds me of Osman in that he doesn't have overwhelming technical ability (not that Osman is Emile Heskey or anything) but he has a very high work rate, is willing to do the dirty work and battle for every ball. I'd have to think that Coleman is the more valuable player right now. Gatt still has a lot to prove. I do hope that Klinsmann gives him more call-ups though because he was one of the few players that didn't look like shit against Russia.

Leon Osman? The guy with magnetic feet and the ability to turn player inside out?

mellow.png

I can't even believe you lot are even having the Osman-technical debate, and Avin, technical is usually short passing, long passing, dribbling, set pieces, turn of pace and thought, Fellaini is not really what you would regard as a technical player, his passing is often quite poor for instance.

his close control is exceptional though Si

I can't even believe you lot are even having the Osman-technical debate, and Avin, technical is usually short passing, long passing, dribbling, set pieces, turn of pace and thought, Fellaini is not really what you would regard as a technical player, his passing is often quite poor for instance.

Thanks for clearing up what technical means Simon. smile.png

A few good games and Osman is now Messi?

For 9 1/2 of his 10 years, the fickle fans amongst us did nothing but slate the lad, with himself and Hibbert everybodies favourite scapegoat. He gets a call up, and a little spotlight, and suddenly the world realises he's actually a decent player, and a quick mind change is upon us.

I think it's important that the fans don't 'overcompensate', and put him on too high a pedestal, as the first bad run and he'll have a long way to fall in the minds of those oh so fickle.

My assessment of him is that he is professionally flexible, and plays where he is asked without question. He is a scorer of great goals, but not a great goal scorer, and has as many quiet games as he does exciting games.

He's got great ball control, and is certainly an intelligent footballer, but he doesn't stand out for me as our best technical player. I'm still of the opinion that Fellaini and Pienaar have more to offer, and Mirallas looks like he has a bit about him too.

The Larissa goal was a wonderful team goal, and possibly one of the best team goals we've had the pleasure of, but it's hard to say which Ossie goal is the best, as said, he scores great goals.

A few more would be nice though Leon, if you would be so kind.

I think Osman has been getting lots of appreciation on here for a long time, ever since I've been on here at the very least. Also, no doubt in my mind that Osman has more technical ability than Fellaini (as do Pienaar, Mirallas, Baines, Gibson).

Edited by Steve_E

I think Osman has been getting lots of appreciation on here for a long time, ever since I've been on here at the very least. Also, no doubt in my mind that Osman has more technical ability than Fellaini (as do Pienaar, Mirallas, Baines, Gibson).

Yeh same here. Osman was probably 'bashed' because he was playing out wide which isnt his best position and at that time we were a defensive team and he was never able to influence games. Osman is class in an attacking central midfield role where he can use his strengths. The sooner him and Felli swap positions the sooner the better IMO.

Steve, Toffeetalk is a very small forum, and lucky if it has a dozen people online. It hardly represents the Everton fan base regarding views on Osman lol.

You still have time to rectify your life mate. Be strong.

Don't talk down to me, mate. It was people on here saying Osman has great technical ability you weren't agreeing with. You were misrepresenting our (i.e. the people on here, not the wider Everton fan population) arguments ("A few good games and Osman is now Messi?" I think you might have been exaggerating what we said).

If only I could be like you though. The rational fan, the anti-type of the mass of fickle fans so to speak.

Edited by Steve_E

Don't talk down to me, mate. It was people on here saying Osman has great technical ability you weren't agreeing with. You were misrepresenting our (i.e. the people on here, not the wider Everton fan population) arguments ("A few good games and Osman is now Messi?" I think you might have been exaggerating what we said).

If only I could be like you though. The rational fan, the anti-type of the mass of fickle fans so to speak.

Get to fuck Steve.

I didn't disagree with anybody. I just gave my opinion. My post was more to do with the lack of appreciation of Coleman, more than the new found appreciation of Osman.

Try reading:

Osman is possibly our most technical player. Coleman doesn't have finesse or much in the way of technical ability; he mostly beats people just by running past them because he's quicker.

I'm an admirer of Coleman, and he's probably the most underated player we have.

He has exceptional ball skills when in the mood, and I'd like to see him get better praise from our fans. He is a defender when said and done, so should be compared to defenders, as opposed to midfielders.

I personally think Osman has good control, but I'd be reluctant to say he is our most technical. For me, Fellaini has the best all round game, with Pienaar in the running.

And, I wasn't talking down to you, even if you have the sense of humour of a stone lately.

Yeh same here. Osman was probably 'bashed' because he was playing out wide which isnt his best position and at that time we were a defensive team and he was never able to influence games. Osman is class in an attacking central midfield role where he can use his strengths. The sooner him and Felli swap positions the sooner the better IMO.

spot on. Ossie has been my favourite player for a long time, at least 7-8 years mostly because he reminds me of me on the pitch.

Tooting your own horn there, Matt wink.png.

nothing wrong with admiring someone who does the same as you, but better :)

As for Coleman, im not having a go at his technical ability, because it barely exists. He is improving with each season but he will never be a technical player in my eyes... Thats not to say hes not a good player, but his strengths are speed, determination and strength.

Gourffran confirmed on his official twitter he is joining Newcastle. It seems as if Newcastle are buying all the French players from ligue 1. So many players in their team who if not ate from France are from a country where their main languages is French!

I'm quite partial to french cuisine myself. :D

All of the players who are linked with us being our so called targets rarely are our targets remember in the summer wasn't linked once to Kevin mirallas until we saw the picture of moyes with his agent and hearing it as it happened. I'm honestly starting to get uneasy on my outlook in the rest of the season the squad looks tired we need reinforcements and a bit of quality and fresh legs to add but with 8 days left and being linked with no players I have my doubts we will get anyone or anyone who can impact on the rest of the season. After all there is only 6 European spots left and that is if a non top 6 club don't get to the final of the Fa cup we need to push on for fourth or at least get Europa. Whether we get Europa by getting to the final or by finishing in the top 6 places its crucial for our season

Edited by Bainaar

All of the players who are linked with us being our so called targets rarely are our targets remember in the summer wasn't linked once to Kevin mirallas until we saw the picture of moyes with his agent and hearing it as it happened.

This. We never know Moyes targets, ever. WHo saw the Straq or Drenthe before it happened?