IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

• 2 weeks later...

Will Hughes certainly looks to be a top talent for the future. It appears though that Derby put a 5 million pound pricetag on him, or at least that's what the rumor is, which would certainly put him out of our price range unfortunately (Moyes wouldn't pay 5m for a 17 year old unproven kid). Hughes is attracting the attention of Barcelona, Arsenal, Liverpool and others. But just to fantacize, could you all imagine our midfield with Barkley and Hughes in it in 3-5 years? Goosebumps.

Exactly! It does, read some of the articles on him Joe', they rave about his ability on the ball. He's got vision too. Can play anywhere in Mid, and he's only 17. Raw but potentially a very good player.

There's an article about him on the BBC website atm - http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20769208

Very impressive video, especially if he does that week in week out!

He seems to have everything about his game, he can make a challenge (apart from that one at the end), pick a pass, seem his team mates runs, reads the game really well and he has that ability to glide with the ball and break past players.

Even when the ball didnt come off, you could see he was thinking the right way which I like. It was also interesting to see how he was able to just nip the ball away from the opposition. He didnt have to go lunging in or chase after them before making a challenge. He had already read what was going to happen and got in the right position to deal with it.

£5mil may sound like a lot, but if it was along the lines of £2.5mil now and then installments based on games played & caps up to £5mil then I think that would be a good deal (based on that one video might I add!)

I think there are better ways to spend your money. Don't underestimate it, loan deals are bloody expensive. That's why in case of a winger I just think you need to buy one. Cause what is your plan for next season then? Why not Refaelov for instance? He'd cost only about 3 million pounds. He's such a class player. That's what I call good cover for Mirallas and why not, complimentary. I rate Refaelov higher than Oviedo and he's made for the premier league. He's a poor man's Fabregas.

I think there are better ways to spend your money. Don't underestimate it, loan deals are bloody expensive. That's why in case of a winger I just think you need to buy one. Cause what is your plan for next season then? Why not Refaelov for instance? He'd cost only about 3 million pounds. He's such a class player. That's what I call good cover for Mirallas and why not, complimentary. I rate Refaelov higher than Oviedo and he's made for the premier league. He's a poor man's Fabregas.

Your not hearing what we're saying, we have nothing, nada, we are skint! even £3m is too expensive for us. Dont be fooled by the money we spent on Mirallas, Jelavic, Gibson and Peanuts... all came from Selling Billyaletdinov and Rodwell and the apparent £500k we spent on Gibson was supposedly funded from a sell on clause from Lucas Jutkiewiz (sp?) who went from Coventry to Boro... thats how skint we are. Its sell to buy.

Your not hearing what we're saying, we have nothing, nada, we are skint! even £3m is too expensive for us. Dont be fooled by the money we spent on Mirallas, Jelavic, Gibson and Peanuts... all came from Selling Billyaletdinov and Rodwell and the apparent £500k we spent on Gibson was supposedly funded from a sell on clause from Lucas Jutkiewiz (sp?) who went from Coventry to Boro... thats how skint we are. Its sell to buy.

All this I'm saying having Fellaini's outgoing transfer in mind.

Even if Fellaini's transfer would bring in 30 million pounds, I'd still go for two or three signings in the 3 mil-5 mil range. I know we all wish to buy these big prospects, but this is the laws of economics. I'd rather skim 10 to 20 million pounds to pay off some debts, just to lower the rent a bit, so Everton can lower the cost of financial debts a little bit. It's about survival, in this situation you always lose. Everton might have to (temporarily) become a small premier league side. You have the choice to do it your way and plan this, so you keep control over the situation, or you get hit by reality when it's too late and you have to sell all of your first team and get relegated to league 1 or league 2 by the FA.

Edited by Mirallas

Oh man would I love to add Will Hughes. It's going to be a few years before he's ready for the Premier League but he has great vision and dribbling ability.

Looks like PL thinks Will Hughes is ready now!

Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Fulham are ready to make a bid? Rated at around 4.5 mil. If these clubs are in for him im expecting him to go at around 8 mil.

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/sillyseason/2012/12/26/halva-pl-jagar-17-aring/

Even if Fellaini's transfer would bring in 30 million pounds, I'd still go for two or three signings in the 3 mil-5 mil range. I know we all wish to buy these big prospects, but this is the laws of economics. I'd rather skim 10 to 20 million pounds to pay off some debts, just to lower the rent a bit, so Everton can lower the cost of financial debts a little bit. It's about survival, in this situation you always lose. Everton might have to (temporarily) become a small premier league side. You have the choice to do it your way and plan this, so you keep control over the situation, or you get hit by reality when it's too late and you have to sell all of your first team and get relegated to league 1 or league 2 by the FA.

Lol mate, you think we are a small club if we sell Fellaini ? dont%20know.gif

I think you will get a bit of stick on here soon if you keep winding up the natives with comments like that.

Lol mate, you think we are a small club if we sell Fellaini ? dont%20know.gif

I think you will get a bit of stick on here soon if you keep winding up the natives with comments like that.

I don't think he's necessarily saying we're a small club. I think he's saying we should lean towards acting as more of a small club for a few years for the sake of stability, as opposed to getting caught up in the moment and ending up like QPR or Portsmouth. I'm not necessarily saying I agree with that sentiment, but I think he's alluding to that more than the idea that we're a small club in stature.

I don't think he's necessarily saying we're a small club. I think he's saying we should lean towards acting as more of a small club for a few years for the sake of stability, as opposed to getting caught up in the moment and ending up like QPR or Portsmouth. I'm not necessarily saying I agree with that sentiment, but I think he's alluding to that more than the idea that we're a small club in stature.

I think there are perfectly clear ways to express yourself, and alternative ways that attract attention or cause eyebrows to raise (sometimes more fun). We all do both from time to time, but it's advisable not to do the latter in almost every post, which is pretty much what Mirallas is doing of late.

Moyes knows what he needs regarding new players. The price brackets are irrelevant. We should always pay something back in to the debt, as that is sensible business practise, but we are not reliant upon Fellaini, as a team, nor in terms of keeping us from administration. We could sell 3 or 4 players and clear our debt completely, and still survive in the Prem, but Moyes wants to do more than survive. We've never been a club to put our eggs in one basket under Moyes.

We raided Rangers because they were in financial trouble, Celtic have no such problems.

Well sure, but there's also Kennedy. Obviously Scotland is going to provide talent to the Premier League due to proximity but it was just a thought. Hooper's stock is surely on the rise and as good as Celtic is I'm sure a move to a bigger club is at least in his thoughts.

Well sure, but there's also Kennedy. Obviously Scotland is going to provide talent to the Premier League due to proximity but it was just a thought. Hooper's stock is surely on the rise and as good as Celtic is I'm sure a move to a bigger club is at least in his thoughts.

Kennedy was cheap as chips too. Hooper won't be. And he's probably not worth wat Celtic would ask for him anyway. Especially not worth it for us.