IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

A friend of mine who is a journo on the Daily Mail, has said we are interested in Kieran Richardson and its reported in the Northern Post or Echo cant remember which. Apparently Moyes is a big Richardson fan.

if thats true hes the only one....

if thats true hes the only one....

It's the united thing, he's obsessed with making us into a mini united, what grinds my gears is that just because someone has played at united does not make them all amazing players, they have had plenty of shite players there as well as the world class ones.

It's the united thing, he's obsessed with making us into a mini united, what grinds my gears is that just because someone has played at united does not make them all amazing players, they have had plenty of shite players there as well as the world class ones.

???

howard, neville, gibson..all been crackers for us..saha was good too..not sure the utd thing can be criticised if they're the evidence to your theory

???

howard, neville, gibson..all been crackers for us..saha was good too..not sure the utd thing can be criticised if they're the evidence to your theory

what i mean is there is plenty of crap that have played for united that we DON'T want ie: Richardson for starters, in the past we were linked to the likes of O'Shea and Bardsley those type have proven that they are not very good imo, it's those we don't want, leave them to Sunderland smile.png Edited by theprisoner

what i mean is there is plenty of crap that have played for united that we DON'T want ie: Richardson for starters, in the past we were linked to the likes of O'Shea and Bardsley those type have proven that they are not very good imo, it's those we don't want, leave them to Sunderland smile.png

O'Shea is a great utility player, been hampered with injuries. Think Man U would have kept him, as they would have with Phil Neville, but give the player the choice. Agree Baardsley is gash.

Showed Figo who's the boss aha

what i mean is there is plenty of crap that have played for united that we DON'T want ie: Richardson for starters, in the past we were linked to the likes of O'Shea and Bardsley those type have proven that they are not very good imo, it's those we don't want, leave them to Sunderland smile.png

Linked doesnt mean we wanted them.

still don't get why? as per my post above

It just feels like we are their cast off club, players they don't want anymore we take them. I guess so far the players we have taken from them it has worked although he maybe a great leader and captain but even at united i never thought much of Neville as a player. What i was trying to say was that there are plenty of their players i don't want us to be linked with or sign, for starters Richardson and more recently Owen

It just feels like we are their cast off club, players they don't want anymore we take them. I guess so far the players we have taken from them it has worked although he maybe a great leader and captain but even at united i never thought much of Neville as a player. What i was trying to say was that there are plenty of their players i don't want us to be linked with or sign, for starters Richardson and more recently Owen

who cares?! Theyve been excellent for us. Richardson would taint that record for sure more so that Owen.

EVERTON

While earlier I did say this piece is not necessarily about replacing players currently at a club, that is more to do with players who may or may not be sold. In Everton's case, they could do with replacing a man who is already there, on the basis that he frankly isn't much good anymore. Tim Cahill is perhaps a unique player in that he was an excellent midfielder who did little other than score goals, and I use the past tense there deliberately. The problem is that when you stop scoring goals, your usefulness is at best diluted, and since he scored just twice last season, a new attacking midfielder/support forward is needed at Goodison Park.

So who? A number of names have been mentioned as we discussed this quandary, many of them dismissed on the basis of Everton's limited budget. 'Stephen Ireland if he was any good' was one, James McCarthy of Wigan, even someone like Andy King of Leicester. We talked it over for a while. However, one name stood out, which slightly surprised us - Yossi Benayoun.

Think about it - he could play in any of the three attacking positions behind Nikica Jelavic, can score the odd goal, wouldn't stop running and although his wages would be reasonably high, would not command much of a transfer fee as Chelsea try to make locker space for their new, shinier baubles. Think about it - not quite as silly as it initially seems.

WHO THEY SHOULD BUY: Yossi Benayoun.

Someone else I like the look of, younger lad is Idrissa Gana Gueye of Lille.

He'll be a cracking player. Think Tiote of Newcastle....another gem in the french leagues, doesn't get the credit because he's a CM.

Not a priority like, just someone to keep an eye out for.

p.s. and it's another Gueye!! 2 Gueyes.....

• 2 weeks later...

Johnson would be a hell of a signing IMO. He's throwing his career away sitting on the bench at city. But we've probably no hope in getting him if QPR are sniffing. Imagine a front 6 of:

Rodwell Gibson

Johnson Fellaini Pienaar

Jelavic

Would be quality an frighten most teams that.

Edited by Geth

Although Owen wouldn't surprise me, I don't think we'll go for him - I genuinely think we'll sign Pienaar, Naismith and Dempsey with Drenthe/Straq not being signed and players like Mucha, McFadden, Yobo leaving and I actually can see Big Vic fetching us a few million - don't think baines, felli or johnny will go unless huge, huge bids come in. I also think we'll see Donovan on a perm deal come Christmas with his contract up at Galaxy/MLS in Nov.

leggit.gif

I stand by this prediction!

I stand by this prediction!

I would love Dempsey here, I think he'd be effective here, and I think he's a Moyes type player, but I feel like his price tag will just be too much for us. I want Mucha to go, it's not doing him any good sitting on our bench, but we already released Hahnemann, so that'd be two keepers we'd need to sign (unless that one youngster is ready to be our #3).

• 2 weeks later...