IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

The whole point of him moving on again is for him to play. He wasn't pleased about going to Arsenal and not playing.

He'd get more mins here than he did at Arsenal. He could be with rotated with Naismith, or 1st choice back-up a head of RM Coleman, LM Gueye, or if Felli gets injured (or Osman and Felli drops back) as Barkley isn't ready to be 2nd choice AM yet and would save us from Moyes' square hole syndrome. Overall he's a very versatile player and would give Moyes more options formation-wise be it to keeping the usual set up or changing it as the opposition will struggle to guess the formation/general tactics when they see his name on the team sheet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes I'm about to suggest a player, whom I think we could do with come next year. Don't hate.

Direct and non direct replacement -

With Sylvain slowly coming to an end of his top level career (bare in mind I think he's been fantastic since we signed him and may have a couple of years left) and the need for a 'younger model' of similar top class attributes and proffessionalism, one guy certainly stands out.

Franco Texeira Douglas - 24 - CB.

Out of contract come the end of this season, looked likely to Join Newcastle and Fulham this summer before deciding to see out his contract at Twente. Tall, athletic, reads the game well, has good feet and at 6'4 - a threat at set pieces.

Someone i'd love for Everton to have looked into, would be Afriyie Acquah. Potential to be one of the best players in the world (you heard it here first). Joined Palmero this year on a two year contract (part-ownership and all that crap some foreign leagues do).

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/03/19/2399313/exclusive-palermos-teenage-ghanaian-sensation-afriyie-acquah

• 2 weeks later...

Always liked the look of this guy. Been playing out of his skin for Betis, always played well. Scored a few as well. Think Arteta. He's like for like. He'd cost about £6/7m, but he'd be worth it.

• Combative.
  • Creative.
  • Skilfull.
  • Great eye for a pass (Long/short distant passer)
  • Set Piece Taker
  • Engine.

Beñat Etxebarria - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be%C3%B1at_Etxebarria