IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

• 2 weeks later...

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Attack Mid) - All rounder

Kensuke Nagai (Striker) - Immense pace and finishing ability.

Hamdan Al Kamali - (Centre Back) - Great strength, player awareness and can spread a good pass.

Andik Vermansyah (Attack Mid) - Indonesian Messi. I kid not. Has similar attributes. The ball sticks to his feet.

Emmanuel Mbola (Left Back) - One of the best youngsters in the African game.

I did not realise that Tomas Kalas is at Chelsea...!? :o

Anyway, very very good defender, only 19...looks to be the biz. Can't remember if he played against us, when he was at Sigma Olomouc? Don't think he did?

Alexander Merkel is another top top young player. Would love him here, Genoa recently bought out his full ownership rights. He'll be amazing wherever he goes. Probably the best German player not to win a senior cap.

If we sell Fellaini, i'd like up to look at this lad, Afriyie Acquah (i'm sure that I've mentioned him before?). Going to be a world beater in a couple of years. The money could be rediculous but it'd be worth it.

Also, really like the look of this lad. The massively massively underrated Maxime Gonalons. Think Lee Carsley, just bigger and more French.

Does all the work that the commentators don't spunk all over. Great interceptor, reader of the game, wins many a aerial duel and loves making those all important last minuet blocks. Great engine on him too.

He's at Lyon so may take a little persuasion to get over here but he's an exceptional talent who does the dirty jobs that noone notices.

Also, really like the look of this lad. The massively massively underrated Maxime Gonalons. Think Lee Carsley, just bigger and more French.

Does all the work that the commentators don't spunk all over. Great interceptor, reader of the game, wins many a aerial duel and loves making those all important last minuet blocks. Great engine on him too.

He's at Lyon so may take a little persuasion to get over here but he's an exceptional talent who does the dirty jobs that noone notices.

Sounds like Spanglish for big bollocks

Don't have footy manager, couldn't afford to waste my life on it. Wouldn't know if they were flagged either?

Do a bit of research for personal pleasure, rather than anything else.

I go through scounting reports and stuff online, keep an eye out for players whom I think Everton could do with, then watch some games in my spare time or replay them of a night. I like finding out about young players and seeing them grow. Hazard was one of my 'first' when he was about 15 at Lille, I was coaching with Everton at the time and heard a whisper of his talent and tracked him there after. Didn't take long for him to get to senior status, so started watching out for Thorgan (brother)...he and Fellaini got me looking at Belgium youngsters and it went from there.

Now I look for exceptional talents in "random" leagues, to see if they could do a good job at EFC for little money. Think 'Moneyball' effect.

So no Louis, not FootyMan!

Edited by tenaciousj

Ten, do you watch a lot of non-prem football? I can't say I've heard of many of the above. I watch all levels of English (only EFC religiously), all Champs League, a bit of Spanish on sky and the Bundesliga highlights on ITV.

Most random ones so far have been Japanese League (which i quite like - high intensity and pacey), Indonesian League (Think youth level...with one or two half-decent....aaah who'm I kidding...its gash but i heard about that Vermansyah a few times and thought i'd check it out for myself) and the UAE League...I won't even 'bracket' for....its awful. But keeping an eye on 1 or 2 in there.

Barclays, Bundesliga, J-League are my faves...

Serie A, UAE and Conference...I despise....also not a fan of the Argentinian league either...potential for great players but they just don't stay on their feet, its embarrassing!! Brazil's getting like it too...so frustrating, feigning injury all the time. Blow over you wets.

MLS I have admiration for because one of my dad's 'late' friends used to play for the Cosmos (New York) and played alongside Pele and Beckenbauer during the 70's...he had one of the championship rings...well he had three. I always wanted one because I knew it was the same one Franz still wears :( When he died, they were left in his sons hands....gutted.

I originally coached for Man City's 'City In The City' program, that was based in the surrounding areas of Manchester, like Wythenshawe, Rusholme, Prestwich etc.

Then wrote into Ray Hall (at the time) and explained my allegiances to the blues and the volunteer coordinator got hold of me and set-me up for Everton's Community program for youth development in Ellesmere. Was there for a while before I prolapsed two discs in my back, knocked seven shades of shit out of my confidence, put on weight and felt like I let myself down.

SO in a weird way, looking for and researching these players in my spare time (in the weirdest and wildest leagues) is in a weird way helping me to think that i'm making up for it.

Stupid I know.

Anyway.

Michael Javier Ortega - Columbian player, owned (50%) by Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Club Atlas. Great visionary, wonderful passer. On loan at Bochum, played 2, scored once. Could have mentioned the obvious (Luis Muriel) but thought he'd be too big now. These two have played together at international level and they're exceptional together.

If Fellaini goes, another guy who i'd like to see is Pedro Obiang. Exceptional Midfield 'General'. Spanish midfielder, great all rounder. Worth keeping an eye on...big boys circling. Big unit, very mobile and great team player. Not a push over either ;)

I originally coached for Man City's 'City In The City' program, that was based in the surrounding areas of Manchester, like Wythenshawe, Rusholme, Prestwich etc.

Then wrote into Ray Hall (at the time) and explained my allegiances to the blues and the volunteer coordinator got hold of me and set-me up for Everton's Community program for youth development in Ellesmere. Was there for a while before I prolapsed two discs in my back, knocked seven shades of shit out of my confidence, put on weight and felt like I let myself down.

SO in a weird way, looking for and researching these players in my spare time (in the weirdest and wildest leagues) is in a weird way helping me to think that i'm making up for it.

Stupid I know.

Well done Ten, any chance or way, of passing on these names of players to the club? Or do they employ scouts to look at ALL potential targets? Surely they must miss some where you can pick them out?

Nah, they wouldn't take me seriously. As I say, its only as a past-time. Everton employ scouts with years and years of experience, who are able to highlight and identify talents at a young age. I wouldn't be surprised if the club already had a couple of the lads on our 'check' list.

They're making waves and fish are always attracted by them. Whether some meet Everton's criteria, is another matter. These are just my suggestions and as much as i'd like to think they'd do well for Everton, there's no real evidence to suggest they will. Big fish, little pond syndrome.

Everton will have a large network of scouts, youth and 1st team scouts, constantly on the look out. Everton use the FootyManager database (or something like that), so will have heard of a lot more than I could suggest. It's finding the ones that could make an impact, that's the key.

All I have time to do is a brief 'scout', watch a couple of games and suggest. They'll have performance analysts and all sorts trying to find the real gems.

Stupid I know.

D

Fair play my Son went to the city in the community the other year when Man City played in Dublin for two days it was good, i learned from it too as i manage his football team. Any coaching manuals or links feel free to share them with me!

Id like to see us sign Kristoffer Nordfeldt, young swedish goalie who plays for Heerenveen in Holland. Ranked as the leagues 3rd best player (player, not goalie!)

Would be fairly cheap.

On March 6, 2012 Nordfeldt signed a three and a half year deal at Dutch top flight club SC Heerenveen, after having rejected an offer from Premier League side Liverpool FC.

Sign him up.

Peter H - Looks promising

Is he Herenveen's first choice, since his move>?

He has been playing alot according to newspapers. Dont follow the dutch league that much to be honest. Did see a lot off him when he played for Brommapojkarna in sweden though. Very good shot stopper and reflexes

Darren Bent in January. May not be flavour of ye month, but he's an undoubted goal scorer. Supply him and he'll bang them in.

Desperate to get out at Villa, still a few years left. Rotational with Jelavic would be perfect.

Don't be surprised if the the redshite go for him, been linked for years, need a goal scorer to take the burden off of Suarez.

I'd take him at Everton in a flash.