IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

He's talented and all that, but he played less than 20 games in a relatively easy division: the Belgian 1st division. He's a real defensive mid, and is physically strong even though only 18. He's not immediate first team material. In order to play for Everton he'll need some time and edication. He's got plenty to learn.

BTW Fulham is busy hijacking him away from Club Brugge (yes, that team again) even though the latter one was where Malanda wanted to go to. But his agents have been really busy convincing him of Fulham, cause then they get more money from the deal. It's all pretty dirty. Anyway, Fulham will find that they'll need to loan him before they can use him.

Ive always rated the lad at Blackburn and he was always linked with Arsenal. Cant for the life of me think why we didnt go for him on loan this year. If Rovers dont come up his price will be lower, i guess Stoke might have a deal in place but if we come in maybe he would come. im not saying he is as good as Felli but has the same rangey style. Thoughts?

we obviously don't have the boodle to go bidding guys - we either have to sell first or resort to begging a loan player somewhere -

this is what makes it hard competing against the rich boys living on the "righ side of the railway track" -

which makes me believe even more that we should focus even more on youth developement - find and polish our own diamonds instead of trying to buy without money - just doing window shopping in the end

Pretty sure it just game down to either wages or more likely to get lots of playing time at Stoke. Pretty sure he saw Felli in front of him and realized he'd have to bide his time or play out of position and wasn't interested in that. Fair play to him, but from what little I've seen of Stoke this year he's been rather wasteful in possession. Not sure he's what we need. Of course for 3.5 we could have tested that theory and made another quick profit if it didn't work out.

Is he only on loan at Stoke? I thought they bought him.

How the fuck does this get posted in General Everton discussion, and Romey post away in it, without moderating it to death?

About as consistent as Prem refs. shaking fist.png

tongue.png

How the fuck does this get posted in General Everton discussion, and Romey post away in it, without moderating it to death?

About as consistent as Prem refs. shaking fist.png

tongue.png

I'm on my phone so don't have all the options available. It's a tragedy :(.

Remember Rolando Bianchi? Played for Man City for a while. Went back to Italy in 2008 and has since then banged in 65 league goals in 149 appearances. (For Torino)

He is available on a Bosman in the summer and will probably be available this month for a couple of quid. Could be worth a go? Cheap but reliable goal scorer in the Italian league.

Just occurred to me that maybe we weren't watching Forren at Molde, but were watching Josh Gatt, a young American international who plays on the right wing. He's starting to come into his own, and could be a great squad guy for us.

I do see big things for this kid. What do my fellow Americans think?

Just occurred to me that maybe we weren't watching Forren at Molde, but were watching Josh Gatt, a young American international who plays on the right wing. He's starting to come into his own, and could be a great squad guy for us.

I do see big things for this kid. What do my fellow Americans think?

Incredibly raw but has good speed and is a very hard worker. Would fit in well here.

Coleman like player (skills, ability, + price) , but probably a bit more expensive?

I think Osman is a better comparison. I don't think he has the finesse with the ball that Coleman has. He reminds me of Osman in that he doesn't have overwhelming technical ability (not that Osman is Emile Heskey or anything) but he has a very high work rate, is willing to do the dirty work and battle for every ball. I'd have to think that Coleman is the more valuable player right now. Gatt still has a lot to prove. I do hope that Klinsmann gives him more call-ups though because he was one of the few players that didn't look like shit against Russia.

Osman doesn't have overwhelming technical ability?! What?!

No I don't think so. Compared to other midfielders like a Lampard or Girard? Again, I don't mean to say that he has no technical skill but I think Osman's best attributes are his willingness to challenge for every ball and run all over the pitch. Gatt is a similar player. Coleman's style is much more finesse in comparison.

No I don't think so. Compared to other midfielders like a Lampard or Girard? Again, I don't mean to say that he has no technical skill but I think Osman's best attributes are his willingness to challenge for every ball and run all over the pitch. Gatt is a similar player. Coleman's style is much more finesse in comparison.

Osman is possibly our most technical player. Coleman doesn't have finesse or much in the way of technical ability; he mostly beats people just by running past them because he's quicker.

Osman is possibly our most technical player. Coleman doesn't have finesse or much in the way of technical ability; he mostly beats people just by running past them because he's quicker.

I'm an admirer of Coleman, and he's probably the most underated player we have.

He has exceptional ball skills when in the mood, and I'd like to see him get better praise from our fans. He is a defender when said and done, so should be compared to defenders, as opposed to midfielders.

I personally think Osman has good control, but I'd be reluctant to say he is our most technical. For me, Fellaini has the best all round game, with Pienaar in the running.

Osman's technical skills > Coleman's technical skills. There really shouldn't be a debate there. I'm not one to shower praise on Osman, as he frustrates the shit out of me most of the time. But, I have that frustration precisely because he is so technically gifted, yet wastes perfectly good chances that many peoples' grandmothers could put in the back of the net.

That said, I don't think Gatt would be expensive at all. Probably a negligible fee, considering he's coming from the Norwegian league and hasn't really made much of a name for himself yet. I would assume he'd cost us £1-1.5m tops. Yet, for a player with a lot of potential upside on our weak right side (when Mirallas is injured), it would be an excellent buy.

Edited by JoeQuince