IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Now that Paulinho has been confirmed as a signing for Spurs does anyone think we could get one of their players in fairly cheaply?

They have Dempsey, Huddleston, Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Sigurdson, Holtby, Livermore, Sandro, Townsend and now Paulinho who are all vying for 4 or 5 spots.

Looking at that list, I dont think I would want any of the fringe players and the ones like Sandro, Dembele & Sigurdson dont look like they will be leaving anytime soon.

Livermore and Townsend will probably be allowed to leave.

I'd take Sigurdson though, not getting that much game time and had looked excellent in The times I've watched him.

I'm guessing the Spurs mid will consist of;

Paulinho Sandro

Dempsey/Lennon Dembele Holtby

it's a very good midfield IMO.

They have Dempsey, Huddleston, Lennon, Parker, Dembele, Sigurdson, Holtby, Livermore, Sandro, Townsend and now Paulinho

Dempsey - I wanted him when he was leaving Fulham but I don't rate him that much now.

Huddlestone - For the hair-cut alone it's a no. There is only room for one afro in Goodison. If we had two we'd have a Gravesen/Carsely situation all over again.

Lennon - Has been.

Parker - For the right price but I don't think we really need him.

Dembele - Haven't seen him enough tbh.

Sig - Definatly,

Holtby - No chance.

Livermore/Sandro - Don't really know enough about them.

Livermore and Townsend will probably be allowed to leave.

I'd take Sigurdson though, not getting that much game time and had looked excellent in The times I've watched him.

I'm guessing the Spurs mid will consist of;

Paulinho Sandro

Dempsey/Lennon Dembele Holtby

it's a very good midfield IMO.

Yeh I was thinking Sigurdson too but when I checked on Wiki he only signed for them last year for £8.8mil and I cant see him being let go as he will cover injuries.

You're right though that is a very strong midfield, Sandro was in the form of his Spurs career before he got injured last season and they will have a very good balance of creativity and steel.

Livermore looks a very good prospect to me - I'd have him but they'd be silly to sell him.

Townsend looks very handy too but will be banned for sometime after his betting on matches.

Didn't someone post a link earlier on this summer that said Livermore had been released?

Don't rate him personally, reminds me of Rodwell. Just seems to ghost through games.

Robinho available at 7mil euro. Very affordable but probably massive wage demand.

He's not the type of player that can cut it in the Premier League. He's a fantastic player but isn't physical enough for England - he did pretty much fuck all at City so I wouldn't want us to spend £7m on him.

Bit of an odd thought, but considering Moyes' clear pursuit of a central midfielder (i.e. Thaigo and Fabregas interest) what would people think of a cheeky bid (loan or otherwise) for Anderson? Obviously we can't see as to how Moyes will utilise him this coming season, but he's fallen right off the radar over the last couple of years under Fergie and would provide a box-to-box mid to the team that a lot of us are hoping for. Still only 25 and his price would surely have taken a tumble over the years.

Bit of an odd thought, but considering Moyes' clear pursuit of a central midfielder (i.e. Thaigo and Fabregas interest) what would people think of a cheeky bid (loan or otherwise) for Anderson? Obviously we can't see as to how Moyes will utilise him this coming season, but he's fallen right off the radar over the last couple of years under Fergie and would provide a box-to-box mid to the team that a lot of us are hoping for. Still only 25 and his price would surely have taken a tumble over the years.

Fat and over rated.

I would love it if we got Anderson, as long as we played him in his proper position - number 10. He was brilliant at Porto so hopefully he's still got it.

Even when fit Anderson has done very very little. He always looks unfit and off the pace, i don't think he's a Prem player at all. Id rather we looked at someone like Luiz Gustavo of Bayern. Apparently available for transfer, only 25 years old and i reckon would coast the same as McCarthy would.

Edited by Simon

Anderson at times has looked like a world class player but then in the same game he has looked very average.

I would certainly give him a go here on loan or on a Gibson type deal.

I'd have to agree on this. I wouldn't pay big money for him even though I still think he has loads of potential. 5-6 million would be my max -- in dollars, that is.

Marko Arnautovic's contract runs out next year (2014), coul be available relatively cheap?

He's a big kid though, so Roberto woul have to hand him a can of 'man up' but he's a good player.

Still 24. Plenty of experience. Big lad, good tekkers....think he'd do well in the prem personally.

We are hearing reports that Notts County striker Malachi Lavelle-Moore is being lined up by Stoke, Everton and Blackburn.
by Lewis Rutledge 5:18 PM

From SSN so there obviously is a link, but I thought it silly to open a new thread over this. He was born in 1995 and has actually only just signed a one year professional contract.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11768/8784977/Lavelle-Moore-earns-pro-deal

We are hearing reports that Notts County striker Malachi Lavelle-Moore is being lined up by Stoke, Everton and Blackburn.
by Lewis Rutledge 5:18 PM

From SSN so there obviously is a link, but I thought it silly to open a new thread over this. He was born in 1995 and has actually only just signed a one year professional contract.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11768/8784977/Lavelle-Moore-earns-pro-deal

Part of me says I don't want to bring in another young striker until its determined whether Vellios or McAleny have a future here, but he's a bit younger, so I wouldn't mind bringing him on a nominal fee.