IGNORED

Fixtures list 20/21 season

Btay

Believe they are to be announced today (uk time).

Who would you want first up?

Personally, Liverpool. Nothing like the derby to fire up the season. Just not a promoted team because we never seem to get 3 points against them on opening day.

• Btay changed the title to Fixtures list 20/21 season

A very nice start to the early part of the season, we need to beat Spurs they are part of the group we are chasing, Liverpool good to get them early doors before they get into their stride, then the other 5-6 games will tell us how far we have improved and how far we can expect to go. 
All we need now is 2-3 fresh faces before the start. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

A very nice start to the early part of the season, we need to beat Spurs they are part of the group we are chasing, Liverpool good to get them early doors before they get into their stride, then the other 5-6 games will tell us how far we have improved and how far we can expect to go. 
All we need now is 2-3 fresh faces before the start. 

That's the key part. If we don't have a couple in for the first game we'll struggle and it'll set us up for a bad start to the season.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That's the key part. If we don't have a couple in for the first game we'll struggle and it'll set us up for a bad start to the season.

Yep! Crucial the business is done and they can get a few weeks to bed in before the first game.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Got to help the darlings while they can.

I think it’s a poor fixture list and we’ve been done as always. All the big games at hone are before Christmas - Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool - I think they’ll be next to no chance fans will be in by then But I bet that in the reverse fixture they’ll be there. Also first game away, last game away and Boxing Day away 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

First game away and last game away isn’t on. One of those should be at home. 

Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, you should get one at home and one away, which we have. 

Agree, but it would be good to balance them out. Rather Boxing Day than NYD. 

55 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Think I'd rather play a top 6 team on the opening day. Hopefully Ancelotti can get it in their heads these are the lads we need to be challenging with.

And the WBA game is at home so we should be looking for 3 points.

Potential for a fast start here. I don’t fear spurs so much. Both games last season were pretty low quality and fingers crossed for 3 good signings this window and we roll into it on a high.