IGNORED

Sheffield United (Away) Saturday 26 December

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

But they did rotate, and they came from behind to claim a point, away from home.

Point made I think.

They came from behind to claim a point, away from home to a team that have just lost their previous 2 games to an aggregate score of 10-0 including playing over 45minutes against 10 men.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Exactly and being tired doesn’t fall into the bracket of being unfit to play. 

It falls into the bracket of unfit to play at your potential. At this level marginal gains, or loss's can affect a performance in a big way.

Anyway I'm sure you boss will be glad to hear your philosophy on this so you wont be needing any breaks at work and reduced rest days.

Think we are all going to have to agree to disagree. I am  now getting fatigued just debating the matter!!

Some think tactical squad rotation is the best approach other say keep playing the strongest 11 week in week out until loss of player form, injuries or suspensions dictates a forced changes is the better approach.  There are obvious arguments for both as different well paid Premiership managers adopt both approaches.

Like most things the real truth of the matter isn't black and white either. And with tonight's game cancelled and now the whole team rested we are not going to get any more a definitive answer on it this next week. 

I think we will all agree a few days more recovery on the training pitch can only be a good think before we play the Hammers on Friday. I am sure Southampton will give them a good game when they visit them tomorrow night.  

Just now, Palfy said:

No it doesn’t tiredness is not an excuse to not go and do your job, no matter what you do, I’m not playing to day because I’m tired if any player said that to me, I’d tell to fuck off and come back when they’ve maned up. 

Trust me it does, for a start your concentration levels take a massive dip, as do your decision making skills. That's before we get to response times and stamina.

I have had to deal with the effects of people driving while tired, it has deadly consequences. Not to mention accidents on construction sites where people operating machinery have made mistakes due to tiredness. 

All this "I don't need rest bollocks" is just that bollocks, of course people are affected by fatigue. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

It falls into the bracket of unfit to play at your potential. At this level marginal gains, or loss's can affect a performance in a big way.

Anyway I'm sure you boss will be glad to hear your philosophy on this so you wont be needing any breaks at work and reduced rest days.

Mate I’m self employed since I was 17 I’ve never had a day off because I was tired, also very rarely sick days, not like you wussy's on the cards that go sick because they stubbed there toe or sneezed more than twice in a row, when you work for yourself you go to work no matter how your feeling because there’s no one going to pay you if don’t, you want to try it one day it might make a man of you then you might realise being tired isn’t an injury or illness. 

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Trust me it does, for a start your concentration levels take a massive dip, as do your decision making skills. That's before we get to response times and stamina.

I have had to deal with the effects of people driving while tired, it has deadly consequences. Not to mention accidents on construction sites where people operating machinery have made mistakes due to tiredness. 

All this "I don't need rest bollocks" is just that bollocks, of course people are affected by fatigue. 

Fuck me get real we’re taking about people who are being asked to play 90 minutes of football every 2-3 days for a short period.

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Mate I’m self employed since I was 17 I’ve never had a day off because I was tired, also very rarely sick days, not like you wussy's on the cards that go sick because they stubbed there toe or sneezed more than twice in a row, when you work for yourself you go to work no matter how your feeling because there’s no one going to pay you if don’t, you want to try it one day it might make a man of you then you might realise being tired isn’t an injury or illness. 

I'm not going to get into a dick measuring contest Palfy. Its great your self employed so credit to you. On your general point of tiredness doesn't matter I strongly disagree with you.

As a clock punching cival servant who regularly works 18 hour shifts, who has worked up to a month without a day off in a stressful job I can tell you tiredness or fatigue is real, and it matters.

On the footballing point, we will have to agree to disagree. 

The average premier league footballer have minimal... Absolutely minimal day to day responsibilities outside of football.  Child minders, cleaners, drivers, they are baby sat.   There is nothing that they need to worry about generally.

Let's not get into comparing them to the working man.  They sleep in the day, are told to rest....

Compared to other players will their energy levels be lower than someone who rested a game? Yes.  

As an Everton fan the 1985 final was the most brutal disadvantage in terms of playing a side with low energy.... The team won the European Cup Winners Cup and flew back to Liverpool and the players got to bed mid day Thursday and played in sweltering heat in Wembley on the Saturday.  We still should have won, should we have rested Reid and Bracewell and played Harper and Richardson?? No. 

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well I’ve lived through a burnout which lead to me nearly dying because I was so exhausted but told to man up. So it’s a fucking good reason to not do your job if it’s risking your health. 

So what happened to you is a good comparison of asking a football player not to play 90 minutes of football every 2-3 days for 2 or 3 weeks because it could risk his health, be honest Matt your burn out was more mental than physical with your work, which does make you tired in different ways, trust me Matt I’ve worked my fucking arse of for years 7 days a week for years on end, doing the physical work then going to the office till 9 -10:00 at night pricing jobs invoices paying suppliers and lads wages, and every time it got hard and there were many times, I had a word with myself which was man up because if you don’t do it nobody else is here to do it for you, and that worked for me I’m here to tell the tale and I’m very successful at what I do. 
Now I’m not stupid and I know we all have different make ups and react to pressure’s of the world differently and our coping mechanisms are different, but don’t tell me that a football player who has to do very little in his life because the club and his personal managers run his life for him, can’t play 2-3 games in a week because he’s tired that’s a insult to every nurse surgeon junior Dr care worker that are doing 50-60 hours a week. 
edit and Policemen as well go from what our residential Bobby has said concerning his work load. 

26 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I'm not going to get into a dick measuring contest Palfy. Its great your self employed so credit to you. On your general point of tiredness doesn't matter I strongly disagree with you.

As a clock punching cival servant who regularly works 18 hour shifts, who has worked up to a month without a day off in a stressful job I can tell you tiredness or fatigue is real, and it matters.

On the footballing point, we will have to agree to disagree. 

I wouldn’t disagree with your position and the hours you’re working, but not a football player who is asked very infrequently to play 90 minutes of football 2-3 times in 7 days. 

All they do is play a couple of games huh? They don’t spend all week training, studying tactics, community work, having the expectations of thousands on them, picked apart by the media, lives regimented, diets and personal life controlled... fuck this bullshit discussion. 

Palfy, you’ve no fucking idea what my work and life entailed then - it was physical and mental, 7 days a week - just as you’ve no fucking idea what actually goes on in a professional athletes life. You know who does know? The experts who warn about the dangers. Just like the concussion warnings and dementia analysis that’s coming to light, I’ll trust the experts and medical professionals over “I used to do this that and the other”. 

as for the “I could do it so why can’t they, especially when they’re paid more” horseshite. Money doesn’t help you recover from physical or mental strain any quicker. Makes me fucking sick this blinkered, archaic bullshit and it’s that kinda of cunt mentality which nearly had me in the ground at 31 when my “boss” was saying exactly the same thing to me when I told him I was struggling. So you’ve touched a nerve that’s still very raw 6 years on and I do not apologize for this, and believe me - I held back. 

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

All they do is play a couple of games huh? They don’t spend all week training, studying tactics, community work, having the expectations of thousands on them, picked apart by the media, lives regimented, diets and personal life controlled... fuck this bullshit discussion. 

Palfy, you’ve no fucking idea what my work and life entailed then - it was physical and mental, 7 days a week - just as you’ve no fucking idea what actually goes on in a professional athletes life. You know who does know? The experts who warn about the dangers. Just like the concussion warnings and dementia analysis that’s coming to light, I’ll trust the experts and medical professionals over “I used to do this that and the other”. 

as for the “I could do it so why can’t they, especially when they’re paid more” horseshite. Money doesn’t help you recover from physical or mental strain any quicker. Makes me fucking sick this blinkered, archaic bullshit and it’s that kinda of cunt mentality which nearly had me in the ground at 31 when my “boss” was saying exactly the same thing to me when I told him I was struggling. So you’ve touched a nerve that’s still very raw 6 years on and I do not apologize for this, and believe me - I held back. 

What a crock of shit that was