IGNORED

Sheffield United (Away) Saturday 26 December

markjazzbassist

they offer nothing, we have the lion's share we just can't find a way through.  gordon isn't offering much of anything, everything is going through the right side with iwobi and doucoure.  we need to get gordon going or put someone on who can add something like bernard.  davies doing the best for me

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Need a goal in the first 15-20, otherwise they're gonna dig in more than they already are for a point.

Wish we had an option to come on for Gordon, but I'd rather see him than Bernard. Even with Gordon not offering anything

gordon has pace but in weather like this against a parked bus we need quality passing and vision not pace.  bernard offers that.

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Don’t think I can any player is playing bad, but we’re just not getting the run of the ball.

Biggest credit so far goes to Davies. He seems to be learning how to shield a ball when closed down, which is usually his biggest weakness. Looks to have an extra gear tonight.

Sadly I think that's more to do with the quality of the opposition, I love the guy and he'd be a top championship player but he's not an option for us (apart from in games like this) if we're going to move on..

Just now, MikeO said:

Sadly I think that's more to do with the quality of the opposition, I love the guy and he'd be a top championship player but he's not an option for us (apart from in games like this) if we're going to move on..

Agreed. His inability to pick a cutting forward pass or even just create any sort of positivity going forward is infuriating

Unless they’ve already accepted they’re going down, they have to come out and go for it. All the onus is on them to attack, and we’ve shown we can absorb it quite well up until now (which will now be jinxed). Hopefully all that twill mean there’s more space to exploit on the counter. 

Just now, Matt said:

Unless they’ve already accepted they’re going down, they have to come out and go for it. All the onus is on them to attack, and we’ve shown we can absorb it quite well up until now (which will now be jinxed). Hopefully all that twill mean there’s more space to exploit on the counter. 

i think this is them going for it, hence the relegation battle 

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Agreed. His inability to pick a cutting forward pass or even just create any sort of positivity going forward is infuriating

He is sitting in front of the back 4, his job has been to shield them, get the ball from them and then give it to more creative players. A job he has done well.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He is sitting in front of the back 4, his job has been to shield them, get the ball from them and then give it to more creative players. A job he has done well.

I should've clarified, I wasn't specifically talking about this match. It's obvious what his role is tonight, but when asked to play more box to box, he offers very little going forward