IGNORED

Sheffield United (Away) Saturday 26 December

markjazzbassist

for me - just go all out against Sheffield Utd looking for the three point and not worry about what's left in the tank for the city game. make sure we pick the low hanging fruit!!!

odds are we probably come away with nothing from the city game even if we play well. so just park the bus against city!! and think of any point against them as a bonus. 

If we are 12 points out of 12 going in to the city game - I would happy to rest players against city. Send the players out with no pressure on them. 

1. Lots have looked tired, but not DCL.  Play him for 60 then Tosun, I guess.
  2. Solid at the back &, dont play Coleman twice in a week right after an injury.
  3. Gomes in for Siggy with Tom and Doucoure.  Siggy for Gomes around 60.
  4. The Duke needs a rest, so if we get ahead early he should come off around 60 for...? Bernard?
  5. Gordon should be starting for Richy, who else is there?  Need to keep some threat of pace, Bernard doesn't bring that.

Going to have to watch this on a delay so will miss the chat.  COYB.

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

for me - just go all out against Sheffield Utd looking for the three point and not worry about what's left in the tank for the city game. make sure we pick the low hanging fruit!!!

odds are we probably come away with nothing from the city game even if we play well. so just park the bus against city!! and think of any point against them as a bonus. 

If we are 12 points out of 12 going in to the city game - I would happy to rest players against city. Send the players out with no pressure on them. 

This seems to be the way Carlo is leaning because he said rotation would be happening for the City game but he feels we can be recovered enough from the United game for this one.

On 25/12/2020 at 09:48, Romey 1878 said:

Richie and James definitely out. This is going to be a slog.

In some weird way this might make things a little easier for our upfront rotation assuming both are back for City.

We start with Gordon DCL Iwobi for this game and then against City we play Gordon Richarlison James.

I'd have preferred to play last 3 against Sheffield and the former 3 against City but that isn't possible.

We are on the back of 3 wins in the Prem - players should be chomping at the bit to be playing. OK, we had mid week cup defeat to deal with, but form before that has been really good. 

The likes , Bernard, Gordon, Iwobi, possibly even Niels should be all fancying themselves on our flanks, and both Davies and Gomes should be more that holding there own in midfield alongside Doucoure and a solid back four behind them. Should definitely be a game we should be confident of going out and dominating, 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

In some weird way this might make things a little easier for our upfront rotation assuming both are back for City.

We start with Gordon DCL Iwobi for this game and then against City we play Gordon Richarlison James.

I'd have preferred to play last 3 against Sheffield and the former 3 against City but that isn't possible.

I have a horrible feeling he'll move Iwobi to the left and play Kenny on the right wing so we can squeeze another defender in there to face the mighty Sheffield United...

15 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I usually hate managers almost forfeiting games, but considering the congested fixture list I would not complain if we played a really strong XI against Sheffield and then played the second string against Manchester City.

29 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I usually hate managers almost forfeiting games, but considering the congested fixture list I would not complain if we played a really strong XI against Sheffield and then played the second string against Manchester City.

It's possibly not a bad suggestion.... Maybe Gordon gets a start today 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

While I would agree with that 9 times out of 10, the only way we will grow into a consistent top 6/top 4 side is if we think of ourselves in that standing. I understand that our depth is shit, and compared to other top 6 rivals we're pretty thin, but we have to start looking at City as rivals for those top spots. Putting our strongest XI in against a side that has two points feels very much like an Everton-of-old move, whereas I want to see us start to act like one of the big clubs

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'm not as desperate as some to play Gordon, but if there was any game for him to play it was this - he might end up being a wise choice too and raising the game of those around him with his young, wanting to impress spark.

As I said in another thread, perfect scenario is we put this to bed early doors and bring off the likes of DCL to wrap them in cotton wool.

Decided to have a cheeky bet as it's Xmas, wife has tipped Yerry Mina to score first and us to win 4-1. Will post the lottery numbers at 22:00 if anyone's interested too.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

While I would agree with that 9 times out of 10, the only way we will grow into a consistent top 6/top 4 side is if we think of ourselves in that standing. I understand that our depth is shit, and compared to other top 6 rivals we're pretty thin, but we have to start looking at City as rivals for those top spots. Putting our strongest XI in against a side that has two points feels very much like an Everton-of-old move, whereas I want to see us start to act like one of the big clubs

the trouble is we are not yet in that bracket, just kidding ourselves if we think we are at this table yet - so we need to box clever rather than go toe to toe, if we want to sneak it to the top4/6. At the moment its about consistently getting points and not trying to prove we can get results against the big four - that will come in time. 

Glad we haven't made to many changes and not resting player i.e DCL or Doucoure, assuming this game might be a little easier. 

would love to see Gordon get his first senior goal tonight. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Looks like he's gone for it.

Gordon has his start hopefully he does well.... No doubt if he does Carlo will get slagged off for not playing him earlier. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

One thing I have liked from Carlo this season is that he’s really seems to just concentrate on the next game, something we’ve not seen for a long time