IGNORED

Huddersfield (A) 24th August

Btay

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He shoulder barged him ... I don't see why it's a red unless something else happened.  

Yeah but he brought it in himself.  The play was going on. We had the ball, ref played advantage. Instead on getting on his horse and into the box Kean decided to turn around and pick a fight. That is daft.

it doesn't matter what he did or didn't do, he needs to learn to control his emotions, he got pulled back, that doesn't mean you square him up.  just walk away and score a goal and use that to stick it to the guy.  instead we get moise hard man kean and now we are playing with 10 men.  think of the team first.  FFS.

3 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Yeah but he brought it in himself.  The play was going on. We had the ball, ref played advantage. Instead on getting on his horse and into the box Kean decided to turn around and pick a fight. That is daft.

This kind of “bust-up” happens all the time. Never a red.

EDIT: never a red until now. 😂

6 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Yes it was but it wasn't a red card and their player was being an absolute weapon. No excuse but it wasn't a red card. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Yes it was but it wasn't a red card and their player was being an absolute weapon. No excuse but it wasn't a red card. 

9 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Didn't anyone see him put his hands to the Hudds player's face? Even the announcer I'm watching apparently didn't notice it.

Not sure how many more times I have to post this 😂

As an American who grew up watching other sports before loving football, I've always thought football law or the way its enforcer with regards to violent conduct is unbelievably soft. Like cmon, one little shove or a very soft "headbutt" and that warrants making the game 10 vs 11 (altering it) + a 3 game suspension? It's just kinda pathetic for a physical game.

That being said, players have to live within the laws of the game (and how they're enforced), so a professional needs to keep his head about him. 

3 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

I don't disagree at all. Terrible call from the ref, but Kean gives him the opportunity to make the terrible call. Just play the game 

You’re exactly right. My argument is it’s never a red, but Kean does give the ref an opportunity to make that decision. 

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

As an American who grew up watching other sports before loving football, I've always thought football law or the way its enforcer with regards to violent conduct is unbelievably soft. Like cmon, one little shove or a very soft "headbutt" and that warrants making the game 10 vs 11 (altering it) + a 3 game suspension? It's just kinda pathetic for a physical game.

That being said, players have to live within the laws of the game (and how they're enforced), so a professional needs to keep his head about him. 

Maybe that’s my bias too when it comes to fouls like that, and it’s probably the bias of a lot Americans who don’t get into the game. Soccer/football is viewed as a “weak” physical contact sport compared to the other ones.