IGNORED

Is Mark the jazz bassist ok?

Cornish Steve

53 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just have to say. I love this community and the fact that we look after each other enough to notice when someone hasn't been posting in a while, and to send an email checking in.

Can't wait till I can get over to Liverpool again and hopefully meet some of you all face to face 🤗

Then you can get abused to your face.

2 hours ago, johnh said:

Moving house AND changing jobs, now that's pressure.  Hope it all goes smoothly Mark 'Jazz'.

I’ll tell what’s pressure John I remember it as if it was yesterday, 1989 recession, 3 kids to feed 60k mortgage mortgage rate shooting 15% no work no help then for the self employed and the bank manager threatening to repossess my house and suspending my bank account so we couldn’t pay any bills or get any shopping, 5 months of hell, now that was pressure. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I’ll tell what’s pressure John I remember it as if it was yesterday, 1989 recession, 3 kids to feed 60k mortgage mortgage rate shooting 15% no work no help then for the self employed and the bank manager threatening to repossess my house and suspending my bank account so we couldn’t pay any bills or get any shopping, 5 months of hell, now that was pressure. 

Yes Palfy, I clearly remember those days.  fortunately, I was in work and still difficult enough with, as you say, big mortgage and high interest rates. Certainly wouldn't have wanted to be unemployed at the same time.  You did well to come through it.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Would anyone be concerned if I went awol, I doubt it 😂

Too right we would.

Me and peteO do not get on... But I would be saddened if he was in a bad place.  Behind the forum personalities are real people having their own battles with this challenge called life. 

Im not the person that hafnia appears to be.... As a person I'm a lot less of an arse. 

34 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Too right we would.

Me and peteO do not get on... But I would be saddened if he was in a bad place.  Behind the forum personalities are real people having their own battles with this challenge called life. 

Im not the person that hafnia appears to be.... As a person I'm a lot less of an arse. 

Thanks mate I’ll stay then😊. When certain people go quiet that are big characters whether you agree or disagree with their views you do miss them, they are what makes the forum what it is. Your a decent bloke Haf your priorities are in the right place mate when you talk about family or friends and stuff personal to yourself your true self starts coming out, when you talk about football you do so with the belief and conviction of your views, it’s the easiest thing to do misunderstanding someone’s views as being arrogant. 

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thanks mate I’ll stay then😊. When certain people go quiet that are big characters whether you agree or disagree with their views you do miss them, they are what makes the forum what it is. Your a decent bloke Haf your priorities are in the right place mate when you talk about family or friends and stuff personal to yourself your true self starts coming out, when you talk about football you do so with the belief and conviction of your views, it’s the easiest thing to do misunderstanding someone’s views as being arrogant. 

Love that, but yeah deffo agree we need to remind ourselves that most spats are over footy opinions. 

On 25/10/2021 at 22:18, Hafnia said:

Love that, but yeah deffo agree we need to remind ourselves that most spats are over footy opinions. 

This.

I've been on other forums, not just sport, which I've given up on as the personal barbs became vitriolic. Nasty cliques were formed, looked in on one at the weekend, same old crew were there patting each other on the back so no meaningful discussion of topics that the forum was set up for. I tend to keep out of contentious discussions but like it here!!

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

This.

I've been on other forums, not just sport, which I've given up on as the personal barbs became vitriolic. Nasty cliques were formed, looked in on one at the weekend, same old crew were there patting each other on the back so no meaningful discussion of topics that the forum was set up for. I tend to keep out of contentious discussions but like it here!!

If you listen to some on here there’s a nasty clique here too. 

• 2 weeks later...