IGNORED

Rodrigo Becao

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Famous last words

Eh. It’s actually exceedingly rare in a case like this that the deal wouldn’t go through. He’d likely be announced already if it was allowed legally.  The point though is that we brought a CB in without selling one (or are trying to).

41 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Eh. It’s actually exceedingly rare in a case like this that the deal wouldn’t go through. He’d likely be announced already if it was allowed legally.  The point though is that we brought a CB in without selling one (or are trying to).

You must be new here. We've had at least 1 example where we supposedly had the legal part sorted but the player didn't want to join.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

You must be new here. We've had at least 1 example where we supposedly had the legal part sorted but the player didn't want to join.

Well that’s why I said “effectively signed” and “exceedingly rare”. I realize things can happen but since only 1 case has been mentioned I think it proves my point.

My comment was in response to the idea that we aren’t buying a CB until we sell one, which is clearly not the case.

45 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Well that’s why I said “effectively signed” and “exceedingly rare”. I realize things can happen but since only 1 case has been mentioned I think it proves my point.

My comment was in response to the idea that we aren’t buying a CB until we sell one, which is clearly not the case.

That was just a joking, off the top of my head example. The point is we've announced things before anything had been signed. NTL another off the top of my head. Kings Dock too I think? 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

That was just a joking, off the top of my head example. The point is we've announced things before anything had been signed. NTL another off the top of my head. Kings Dock too I think? 

Well a stadium is a different deal. If you prefer, 99% of the time we don’t announce something until a deal is official. 

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Why is it not the case ?

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pretty sure I've seen Godfrey make good defensive headers. 

I'm worried Michael Keane is the one everyone seem to want to move on yet he's the one for me who is the best at headed clearances and also quite good upfront.

If it's true we are going for Becao I hope he has been scouted extensively as some of his stats don't look great.

2 hours ago, patto said:

I'm worried Michael Keane is the one everyone seem to want to move on yet he's the one for me who is the best at headed clearances and also quite good upfront.

If it's true we are going for Becao I hope he has been scouted extensively as some of his stats don't look great.

I’ve said many time, Keane won’t leave and will play most games. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ve said many time, Keane won’t leave and will play most games. 

It’s your opinion though mate. He was horrible for the best last season. Regardless if he stays and if he plays I just hope we have reliable options for if - almost when he goes into a slump 

I think our problem is that any of our current centre backs can play with Mina and look consistently good but Mina isn’t available enough so can’t be relied on. Any combination of Keane, Holgate and Godfrey has been inconsistent to put it kindly. Hopefully, Tarkowski can play alongside any of them but I don’t think we can risk what we’ve had with Mina (look at the win percentages with/without) so Mina and Keane need to go and we need another leader/dominant CB who it sounds like Rodrigo Becao is to ensure there’s not such a huge drop off when one player is out. We need to sort other areas out but if the foundations are solid, it’ll be a big help.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

It’s your opinion though mate. He was horrible for the best last season. Regardless if he stays and if he plays I just hope we have reliable options for if - almost when he goes into a slump 

It’s not an opinion. It’s a prediction. 

On 03/07/2022 at 00:07, Btay said:

Was that slump when he was rested for 2 games. 
Mina is the 1 to move on first without doubt I’d even give him away on a free and save 6m