IGNORED

Gonçalo Ramos

11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally I think it’s been a very good window for us so far, all things considered. Yes we desperately need at least one new striker, probably two but I’m sure the club know exactly who they want

I suspect we have been holding out for Borja but need to wait for Chelsea to get someone in first and if that is the case I’m glad that we also appear to be exploring other options as a plan B or C

Moshiri asked to be judged at the end of the window so I think I will wait until then before condemning him/the club

I’ll feel a lot better tomorrow as long as we win it’ll be interesting to see MGW tomorrow and see why they have paid 40+m. 

24 minutes ago, patto said:

I’ll feel a lot better tomorrow as long as we win it’ll be interesting to see MGW tomorrow and see why they have paid 40+m. 

This is a classic Sky Sports manipulation of figures to cause outrage of Forest spending so much - it’s £25m plus add-ons to £42m. Much like when we signed Richarlison for £50m - we didn’t - he cost £35m with add-ons… you don’t hear them reporting Darwin Nunez as £110m!

44 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I suspect we have been holding out for Borja but need to wait for Chelsea to get someone in first and if that is the case I’m glad that we also appear to be exploring other options as a plan B or C

I’m actually feeling quite positive about Thelwell/Lampard and just hope we’re not being strung along again. You can’t blame people for feeling a little pessimistic - the failed Giroud deal springs to mind and more recently, chasing Zouma all summer to end up short at centre back when Chelsea decided to keep him.

I think 3 points tomorrow will calm a lot of the fan base down for a few days.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally I think it’s been a very good window for us so far, all things considered. Yes we desperately need at least one new striker, probably two but I’m sure the club know exactly who they want

Moshiri asked to be judged at the end of the window so I think I will wait until then before condemning him/the club

It won't look like the best move in the world if we close the transfer window on 0 points and 0 goals scored because we haven't signed a striker, and have fuck all goals coming from midfield because we didn't sign any goal scoring midfielders either.

We knew Richarlison was going since January when he changed his agent/s, so we knew we'd need at least one striker because he was seen as the back up to DCL and here we are two games into a new season running round with our pants on fire looking for a striker.

I don't think we could afford to get off to a bad start to the season because our confidence is easily hit but here we are starting the season badly. I hope we get the win on Saturday as things will look better, but I won't be holding my breath.

• 3 months later...
  • MikeO changed the title to Gonçalo Ramos