IGNORED

Fleetwood Town (Away) EFL Cup 23rd August

Btay

Miserable game that taught us a few things.

McNeil looks totally unable to execute the role he's been given.

Onana it not going to be the messiah, loads of talent but got bullied and couldn't impose himself on the game.

We really need another defensive midfielder - hopefully Gana will get over the line soon.

I don't think any of the first teamers really did anything bar Iwobi. McNeil and Vinagre were pretty shocking.

Warrington came on and looked busy. I look at him and think he has more upside than Davies and I would like to see more of him. 

The shocking thing about that game is that it wasn't easy to see who the Premier League side was.

5 hours ago, RPG said:

I have to agree. He had one half decent dribble right at the end and the only other positive thing I can say about him is that he maintained his composure when Fleetwood players were constantly fouling him and he got very little protection from the ref. Early days for him yet. Dare I say that he will improve when he has a bit more quality around him.

Pleased to see Welch, Warrington and Mills get some minutes. It will be good for their continued development.

Other than that, we are in the hat for the next round and we move on.

You've read my post completely wrong :lol:.

Looking at his passing I think it’s more down to our team being pretty negative and him being a progressive player.

The one that stood out was the ball he played in between Gray and Rondon that went straight out for a throw. The two stood there looking at him, and it took a 21 year old to explain the basics of football to them.

You could clearly see him pointing out…. It was right in your path in space, be on your feet and move forward, it would have landed on your toe! 
It’s actually one of Ashley Cole’s warm up routines he does. He plays the ball five yards in front of you to get them used to running into the played ball.

Im hoping the players cotton on to this and learn.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Looking at his passing I think it’s more down to our team being pretty negative and him being a progressive player.

The one that stood out was the ball he played in between Gray and Rondon that went straight out for a throw. The two stood there looking at him, and it took a 21 year old to explain the basics of football to them.

You could clearly see him pointing out…. It was right in your path in space, be on your feet and move forward, it would have landed on your toe! 
It’s actually one of Ashley Cole’s warm up routines he does. He plays the ball five yards in front of you to get them used to running into the played ball.

Im hoping the players cotton on to this and learn.

When I coached you were encouraged to give a name when you passed, Hoddle would go ballistic if players didn’t put a name on the pass. Possibly he never put a name on the ball that went between the 2 players who are looking at him bemused going who was that for. I have a really good training exercise that helps brilliantly to get players moving on to the ball and delivering the ball all in one exercise, and can share it with you if you like, you may even know it already.