IGNORED

Man Utd (Away) FA Cup - 6/1/23

FairWooney

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

This team makes absolutely no sense. I'm so confused how we can turn up like this and against City and then the Brighton game. 

Offsides

We have been played off the park?

Difference is United haven't taken their chances whereas Brighton did. 

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We have been played off the park?

Difference is United haven't taken their chances whereas Brighton did. 

An inform United away, is a tough game.

I don't think we have been played off the park any more than what you might expect in this fixture.

Being played off the park by Brighton at home it is rightly not acceptable.

That wasn't too bad IMO, not the absolute AIDS that we've been used to this season. Never a penalty at the end either, laughable call from the official. 

I'm just worried this will be Lampard's last game. Until the board fuck off no manager of Everton should be going anywhere, hope the protest at Old Trafford gets some traction - we need it.

Did we play with intensity or did it just looked like we did because we had space on the counter attack?

They were controlling the ball, popping it around and so many times despite having at least an extra man, they had time to control the ball and advance. 

When we play Southampton, they will let us have the ball, we will have to try and break them down and the pace in our attack will drop and they will try and counter attack on us instead.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Did we play with intensity or did it just looked like we did because we had space on the counter attack?

They were controlling the ball, popping it around and so many times despite having at least an extra man, they had time to control the ball and advance. 

When we play Southampton, they will let us have the ball, we will have to try and break them down and the pace in our attack will drop and they will try and counter attack on us instead.

We played with a lot more effort and intensity than we have recently. 
They didn’t play us off the park at all Bailey. 
We had the ball in the last third four times as much as we usually do, and actually got the ball across into the box. We just don’t have their quality. Reducing a very good side to so few chances on goal at their home ground isn’t that bad. 

100% agree, once we have the ball we struggle. But I can’t knock them for effort tonight. They did all I wanted tonight, had a go.

53 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Players got a good reception from the fans at the end though. Was great to see the support this club has.

Fans aren’t stupid, they just ask for effort. We all know the quality isn’t there right now but if we fight like that I genuinely believe we can get ourselves up the table. Even though it’s a loss, I wouldn’t sack Frank after that.

We looked so much better DCL on, we simply cannot play this 532 with no presence up front. DCL and then simms for 30 mins to be a presence with Gray, Gordon even Maupay sharing the other role. Only option forward from here.

Once DCL & Godfrey get some games behind them we will look better.

Doucs was actually okay when he came on for Iwobi & we are going to need him back to his best in midfield chipping in with goals.

Can't ask for more from the team tonight. Much better performance than way to City. If the team play like this for the rest of the season there's no way we're going down. Gutted we're out of the FA cup but taking a lot of positives. Goodison Park faithful, lets get behind them like we did against Chelsea last May, be the 12th man.