IGNORED

Fulham (Home) 15th April

Romey 1878

18 hours ago, Formby said:

It was also the performance of a 'not very good player' and I do wish that Dyche hadn't picked him. He adds nothing at all. 

I don't think you can just say he isn't very good. Lets not forget has scored plenty of goals and been a part of successful teams in the past. The problem is, he was bought to play a certain way under Lampard and that plan got ripped up after a few games. He isn't a striker to lead the line, but he is being asked to play as one because of the situation we are in.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I get frustrated that many fans cant seem to spot players who are adept at "looking like they are trying".  Maupay closed him down and momentarily slowed and chose to do a "side jump to protect his bollocks" to the players left side when the ball was on his right foot.  It was the epitome of going through the motions. Fraudulent behaviour.

Maupays performance was one of the worst I have witnessed.    Fulham delayed coming out and proceeded to do shuttle runs with our fans booing their intended mindgames  - Maupay stood there on the centre spot chatting away to a fulham player.

Wasnt just him, Gray, Tarkowski, Keane, Myko, stunk the gaff out.  

I get frustrated with fans that say stuff like this.

Of all the things to pick up on in the build up to the goal, you are picking up on one of the things that couldn't have changed the outcome because you want to have a pop at the player.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't think you can just say he isn't very good. Lets not forget has scored plenty of goals and been a part of successful teams in the past. The problem is, he was bought to play a certain way under Lampard and that plan got ripped up after a few games. He isn't a striker to lead the line, but he is being asked to play as one because of the situation we are in.

I get frustrated with fans that say stuff like this.

Of all the things to pick up on in the build up to the goal, you are picking up on one of the things that couldn't have changed the outcome because you want to have a pop at the player.

I don’t want to have a pop at the player.  I say it as I seen it at the time and I’ve seen it since. 

to sum up maupay - he’s fuckin shite. Gutless, and I think you are the only fan I’ve seen try and justify his performance as being anything other than piss poor.  I’ll hold my hand up and say I’m not the best at judging defensive play but I know my strikers and what they should do.   He is abysmal, it’s like having John Spencer back again. 

I have to agree with Haf on this, he was awful on Saturday, and two good opportunities to score, if he had I think the game result would have gone our way, also he ran about half hearted, waited for balls to come to him and the defender just nipped in ahead on many occasions, so even taking the build up to the goal out, he was shite.

51 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I have to agree with Haf on this, he was awful on Saturday, and two good opportunities to score, if he had I think the game result would have gone our way, also he ran about half hearted, waited for balls to come to him and the defender just nipped in ahead on many occasions, so even taking the build up to the goal out, he was shite.

Exactly. How the fuck some fans actually think a token run towards a player to make an effort constitutes “trying” - scandalous.

heard a few podcasts saying it wa the worst strike’s performance they have seen in a long long time. 

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

He hasn't really scored lots of goals, though, has he? Ten at best for Brighton? His best season by a long way was with Brentford in the Championship - which is where he belongs!

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t want to have a pop at the player.  I say it as I seen it at the time and I’ve seen it since. 

to sum up maupay - he’s fuckin shite. Gutless, and I think you are the only fan I’ve seen try and justify his performance as being anything other than piss poor.  I’ll hold my hand up and say I’m not the best at judging defensive play but I know my strikers and what they should do.   He is abysmal, it’s like having John Spencer back again. 

I dont think any of the other teams Maupay has played for would call him gutless. In fact, he has been known to be the opposite. 

As I mentioned, I didn't see the whole game so I can only comment on the bits I saw. Yes he should have done better with his big chance but it was great play to get there. I think he should have put his laces through it rather than try and be clever but to his credit the defender gives him just enough of a nudge at the right time. I also think he probably gave the defender too much time to get back in as well. 

In the parts of the game we did well, he was a part of that. Especially just before half time. The quality from many of our attacking play in the second half was dreadful. Im not saying he played well, I just think the reaction is way OTT. 

21 minutes ago, Formby said:

He hasn't really scored lots of goals, though, has he? Ten at best for Brighton? His best season by a long way was with Brentford in the Championship - which is where he belongs!

He has scored lots in the Championship, decent enough returns for a team in the bottom half (ish)of the Premier League (Brighton) and he was a part of both of those sides. The reaction to him is OTT.

We always knew he would miss chances. He showed at Brighton that he would spurn lots of good positions and that if he was going to work here, he would need lots of chances. He was a part of those teams creating chances and they played in a way that suited him. The McNeil one-two was a good example of the type of player he is. 

He was such a bad signing and I really don't understand why we paid that much for a guy on the last year of his contract, that couldn't have been further from what we needed.

And in terms of dismissing his Championship goals, thats where most fans wanted us to look at. Gyokeres, Brereton-Diaz, Akpom etc etc. I agree though, he isn't a goalscorer at this level.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Exactly. How the fuck some fans actually think a token run towards a player to make an effort constitutes “trying” - scandalous.

heard a few podcasts saying it wa the worst strike’s performance they have seen in a long long time. 

Honestly, I just dont get it. Of all the token runs in that game, why is this the one you are focussing on? It wouldnt have stopped the goal and even if you believe it could have, what followed from a defensive point of view should never have happened. 

Your focus is on an irrelevent point whereas the real issue is being overlooked. I dont understand it. 

37 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

The red shite did us a favour tonight, GD is going to be a factor, worth another point, something we need to take on board in our games.

It happened last season but don't like being in the position where we are praying for other results. 🙏

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

I dont think any of the other teams Maupay has played for would call him gutless. In fact, he has been known to be the opposite. 

As I mentioned, I didn't see the whole game so I can only comment on the bits I saw. Yes he should have done better with his big chance but it was great play to get there. I think he should have put his laces through it rather than try and be clever but to his credit the defender gives him just enough of a nudge at the right time. I also think he probably gave the defender too much time to get back in as well. 

In the parts of the game we did well, he was a part of that. Especially just before half time. The quality from many of our attacking play in the second half was dreadful. Im not saying he played well, I just think the reaction is way OTT. 

He has scored lots in the Championship, decent enough returns for a team in the bottom half (ish)of the Premier League (Brighton) and he was a part of both of those sides. The reaction to him is OTT.

We always knew he would miss chances. He showed at Brighton that he would spurn lots of good positions and that if he was going to work here, he would need lots of chances. He was a part of those teams creating chances and they played in a way that suited him. The McNeil one-two was a good example of the type of player he is. 

He was such a bad signing and I really don't understand why we paid that much for a guy on the last year of his contract, that couldn't have been further from what we needed.

And in terms of dismissing his Championship goals, thats where most fans wanted us to look at. Gyokeres, Brereton-Diaz, Akpom etc etc. I agree though, he isn't a goalscorer at this level.

Honestly, I just dont get it. Of all the token runs in that game, why is this the one you are focussing on? It wouldnt have stopped the goal and even if you believe it could have, what followed from a defensive point of view should never have happened. 

Your focus is on an irrelevent point whereas the real issue is being overlooked. I dont understand it. 

So you didn’t see the whole game yet you are talking like you have an in-depth understanding of how he played? 

just cos he showed desire for Brighton means fuck all. He’s showed nothing for us.  I haven’t even mentioned his missed chances funny enough.,.,,  you may have noticed by now that I don’t get overly critical of missed chances.  Players taking the fuckin piss is my thing and the biggest culprits on Saturday in order of “I couldn’t give a fuck” are:-

1. maupay

2. gray

3. Iwobi

and yes he could have made more of his “challenge” when the ball broke lose, it was as clear as day to me that he subtly broke stride like a complete shithouse. The player had it on his right foot yet he jumped to block an aerial pass that would have needed to be aimed at the directors box.  I can handle players missing, I can’t handle them hiding and this cheeky fucker played like he was protecting his legs for his imminent move out of here. 

sometimes I think you try and argue for the sake of it to try and flex some sort of tactical expertise. He was absolutely shocking on Saturday and missed chances aside it was the worse striker’s performance I have witnessed.  Piss poor.  To try and argue with fans who watched the full game show’s complete arrogance on your behalf.  At best your views on the game often appear to be contrary to get a reaction - this one shows complete lack of understanding of what is required from a forward. 

To be fair I say this about Iwobi all the time. Decent on picking up a loose ball from someone’s toe. But the amount of times he runs to a player… then lets them off astounds me that fans don’t notice it more.  And Maupay is exactly the same.

Shrewsbury towns coaches told the ten year olds this on Monday night. They were trying to teach them the press and stopping play when kids ran up and stopped….. asking them why they didn’t continue the press.

What usually happens is these players will make that couple of decent tackles in a game, and it’s easily spotted. But generally fans won’t notice the ghost tackling as they see the player running up to close the player down and see it as hard work. It’s easy work and a cop out for me.

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

To be fair I say this about Iwobi all the time. Decent on picking up a loose ball from someone’s toe. But the amount of times he runs to a player… then lets them off astounds me that fans don’t notice it more.  And Maupay is exactly the same.

Shrewsbury towns coaches told the ten year olds this on Monday night. They were trying to teach them the press and stopping play when kids ran up and stopped….. asking them why they didn’t continue the press.

What usually happens is these players will make that couple of decent tackles in a game, and it’s easily spotted. But generally fans won’t notice the ghost tackling as they see the player running up to close the player down and see it as hard work. It’s easy work and a cop out for me.

Absolutely spot on.  Leeds players were doing this last night, it wasn’t lost on the likes of carragher and mee.

the difference between what we seen vs Fulham and Arsenal is the point you are making.  Some fans see a bit of a run and think “yeah he’s working”, I see it as an insult. Still livid about it now. 

when players are fully engaged in the tackle you tend to see the opposition treat the ball like a hot potato. Fulham were literally passing the ball at Will with an Everton player like maupay, iwobi and gray doing their best to look busy

Agreed also, Iwobi always used to chicken out of tackles and never win aerial challenges, then during his improved period at the end of last season he started to put good tackles and win headers, now he’s back to square one, which really frustrates me as he’s shown he can play more intensely but isn’t.

On 18/04/2023 at 08:44, Hafnia said:

So you didn’t see the whole game yet you are talking like you have an in-depth understanding of how he played? 

just cos he showed desire for Brighton means fuck all. He’s showed nothing for us.  I haven’t even mentioned his missed chances funny enough.,.,,  you may have noticed by now that I don’t get overly critical of missed chances.  Players taking the fuckin piss is my thing and the biggest culprits on Saturday in order of “I couldn’t give a fuck” are:-

1. maupay

2. gray

3. Iwobi

and yes he could have made more of his “challenge” when the ball broke lose, it was as clear as day to me that he subtly broke stride like a complete shithouse. The player had it on his right foot yet he jumped to block an aerial pass that would have needed to be aimed at the directors box.  I can handle players missing, I can’t handle them hiding and this cheeky fucker played like he was protecting his legs for his imminent move out of here. 

sometimes I think you try and argue for the sake of it to try and flex some sort of tactical expertise. He was absolutely shocking on Saturday and missed chances aside it was the worse striker’s performance I have witnessed.  Piss poor.  To try and argue with fans who watched the full game show’s complete arrogance on your behalf.  At best your views on the game often appear to be contrary to get a reaction - this one shows complete lack of understanding of what is required from a forward. 

I haven't given anything of the sort, I have only commented on the bits I saw.

I don't argue for the sake of it, I just see people go way over the top on players and performances all of the time on here.  Believe it or not, players that used to be half decent for other teams don't just suddenly become crap when they turn up at Finch Farm.

If you can find anywhere that I have said he had a good game then please find it but there were some good moments in an otherwise bad performance. It's called balance.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I haven't given anything of the sort, I have only commented on the bits I saw.

I don't argue for the sake of it, I just see people go way over the top on players and performances all of the time on here.  Believe it or not, players that used to be half decent for other teams don't just suddenly become crap when they turn up at Finch Farm.

If you can find anywhere that I have said he had a good game then please find it but there were some good moments in an otherwise bad performance. It's called balance.

Half decent for a Brighton side for a period of time and where an aged wellbeck is preferred? 

on the basis that he played half decent for Brighton - I’m assuming you are all out for playing dele Alli as soon as he recovers from his injury and that you don’t believe he’s as bad as he’s being made out to be? 

On 20/04/2023 at 20:10, Hafnia said:

Half decent for a Brighton side for a period of time and where an aged wellbeck is preferred? 

on the basis that he played half decent for Brighton - I’m assuming you are all out for playing dele Alli as soon as he recovers from his injury and that you don’t believe he’s as bad as he’s being made out to be? 

Dele Alli has been shit for a long time and his case is clearly very different. Ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Dele Alli has been shit for a long time and his case is clearly very different. Ridiculous.

Sooooo at some stage he has gone shit then yeah?  But in the case of maupay that can’t happen?  Ok Bailey…..  maupay thd journey man can’t possibly be shit cos he’s been ok before, but Real Madrid touted dele Alli can.

had a mare here. 

ps he’s fuckin shit 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Sooooo at some stage he has gone shit then yeah?  But in the case of maupay that can’t happen?  Ok Bailey…..  maupay thd journey man can’t possibly be shit cos he’s been ok before, but Real Madrid touted dele Alli can.

had a mare here. 

ps he’s fuckin shit 

This is the most ridiculous comparison and you know it. 

50 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This is the most ridiculous comparison and you know it. 

How is it ridiculous?   You said Maupay can’t be shit cos he was decent for Brighton, but in the same note refuse to accept that Alli can’t be shit despite once being world class.

are you being deliberately daft?