IGNORED

Predict our results: 2023-2024 season

Cornish Steve

On 30/09/2023 at 08:00, Bailey said:

@Cornish Steve

As I keep missing games as my schedule is all over the place at the moment, I don't suppose you could put me down for a default 0-0 "none" if I fail to post before kick off? I appreciate that probably pushes the boundary with the spirit of the rules but otherwise I get the feeling Ill be going backwards quickly with the minus points! :D 

Happy to do so

18 hours ago, Matt said:

That should apply to everyone then right? Rather than the losing a point?

There's a difference between the person who occasionally misses a prediction, because of illness or travel for example, and the person who only shows occasionally. The point deduction is a way for me to identify those in the latter category since they eventually have a negative total so I can remove them from the game. Let me think about this. Maybe I can automate my spreadsheet in such a way that no point is deducted if the player made a prediction in the previous round.

Bailey gave me advanced notice this time around, so his 0-0 prediction is valid - but it won't be for the next round.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

There's a difference between the person who occasionally misses a prediction, because of illness or travel for example, and the person who only shows occasionally. The point deduction is a way for me to identify those in the latter category since they eventually have a negative total so I can remove them from the game. Let me think about this. Maybe I can automate my spreadsheet in such a way that no point is deducted if the player made a prediction in the previous round.

Bailey gave me advanced notice this time around, so his 0-0 prediction is valid - but it won't be for the next round.

I think he request was to put 0-0 as default always but you're the boss 🫡

I've made a change to the rules. This season, a point will be deducted when you fail to make a prediction - unless you made a prediction the previous week. This penalizes habitual criminals but gives a week's grace for occasional forgetfulness.

I can assure you that the totals are now correct using this new scheme. Since I've not gone back and corrected earlier result tables, you may find inconsistencies with them, but all is correct now and everything will be correct going forward.