IGNORED

Predict our results: 2023-2024 season

Cornish Steve

37 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Given the likely ferocity of the fans and added determination of manager and players this weekend, I'm changing my prediction.

Everton 5-0 United
DC-L

The idiots running the PL, minus 1,000.

I’m tempted to join you on that, but as ever I’ll hold back until the teams announced.

On 14/11/2023 at 04:17, Cornish Steve said:

It's a measure of our optimism that most of us predicted an Everton win against Palace. The winner for the week is Finn balor for predicting the win and identifying Doucoure as one of our goalscorers. Bill forgot to predict, but Boston Toffee failed to win any points, so there's no change at the top for the season.

7Oqpgyj.png

Disappointing to see I'm still below average in every category  - a point my good wife makes clear to me :shakingfist:- so I shall go with:

Everton 3-1 Manchester United

DCL

and hope for a, er, good performance. 

2 hours ago, Formby said:

Disappointing to see I'm still below average in every category  - a point my good wife makes clear to me :shakingfist:- so I shall go with:

Everton 3-1 Manchester United

DCL

and hope for a, er, good performance. 

You're not below average; you're below TT Average, which is different. TT Average is the average of all predictions made, which (because of the "wisdom of crowds") is usually a very good predictor of scores. It's not uncommon for TT Average to achieve the highest score in this game.

By the way, if you want to win some cash, enter those competitions at local fairs where you must guess the number of marbles in a jar - but wait until the end of the day. Look at all the previous guesses and calculate the average. Chances are you might well win.

The wisdom of crowds was used once to predict where a submarine sank in the Atlantic. A number of experts were asked to predict the exact location, and then they took the average of all predictions. The submarine was found 100 yards from that spot.

30 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

You're not below average; you're below TT Average, which is different. TT Average is the average of all predictions made, which (because of the "wisdom of crowds") is usually a very good predictor of scores. It's not uncommon for TT Average to achieve the highest score in this game.

By the way, if you want to win some cash, enter those competitions at local fairs where you must guess the number of marbles in a jar - but wait until the end of the day. Look at all the previous guesses and calculate the average. Chances are you might well win.

The wisdom of crowds was used once to predict where a submarine sank in the Atlantic. A number of experts were asked to predict the exact location, and then they took the average of all predictions. The submarine was found 100 yards from that spot.

I love how you are trying to let him down lightly 😂

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Why, thank you, Steve - that makes me feel much better! 🙂