IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) 7th October

Romey 1878

5 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

those 3 also played in center mid in an abysmal showing 2nd half against Luton. So they aren't a shoe in to perform in any circumstances. 

If you want to criticise the manager for anything between the Villa and Luton game it should be Harrison not playing. Mind you, it's easy to see why dyche wouldn't have picked him.

In hindsight, you can see he has been a catalyst.  

Your miles of the mark, if we stated against Bournemouth with Gana in midfield and Garner out wide we probably lose that game. The damage was already done by the time Dyche changed it Luton got their lead and shut up shop. 

• James Garner scored his first ever Premier League goal today. He has provided three goal contributions in his last four matches for Everton across all competitions (2G 1A), with both of his goals coming inside the first 16 minutes (8th minute v Bournemouth and 15th minute v Aston Villa).

• Bournemouth have failed to win any of their first eight matches of a Premier League season for the first time in their history. The three points they have is also the lowest total they’ve had in the top-flight at this stage of a season.

• Sean Dyche has now managed eight victories against Bournemouth across all competitions, beating the Cherries more times than any other opponent in his career.

• Everton scored three goals at Goodison Park in the Premier League for the first time in 2023, ending a run of 17 matches without doing so. The last time the Toffees managed to do this was in a 3-0 win v Crystal Palace in October 2022.

• Bournemouth have lost 10 Premier League away matches in 2023, no team has lost more on the road than the Cherries during this period.

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Your miles of the mark, if we stated against Bournemouth with Gana in midfield and Garner out wide we probably lose that game. The damage was already done by the time Dyche changed it Luton got their lead and shut up shop. 

So your defence is that garner can't influence a game when teams set up to defend?? 

If we had scored against Luton in the first 10 mins, which we should've...then we win that game regardless of where Garner played (Mid, RW, RB). 

I'm not knocking Garner. He was great and one of the positives of the season. I just don't get the dyche bashing considering how much better our play has been...results will come. Trust the process as the leading indicators are there. 

13 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

So your defence is that garner can't influence a game when teams set up to defend?? 

If we had scored against Luton in the first 10 mins, which we should've...then we win that game regardless of where Garner played (Mid, RW, RB). 

I'm not knocking Garner. He was great and one of the positives of the season. I just don't get the dyche bashing considering how much better our play has been...results will come. Trust the process as the leading indicators are there. 

Because he doesn’t play his best 11 in their best positions, or he’s incapable of realising what his best 11 is, I’m not going to blow smoke up anyone’s arse who I can see is getting wrong imo. The second half against Luton we by passed playing football on the ground and by passed the midfield with long balls being punted up the pitch from Pickford and Tarks another Dyche tactic that’s poor. 

47 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Come on!!!  That team selection vs Luton stunk.  We were done at half time. 

Watch Man City if they go a goal behind and the opponents have a lead to defend vs the opponents need to score. It’s a totally different game. Teams practice defending 9 vs 11 etc. when Man City lead they will often score several unless the opposition are happy to lose and just want to protect goal difference. 

watch garner yesterday, his brilliance in being able to read the midfielders pushing on, intercepting and tackling and turning defence into attack was unreal. You ain’t gonna do that when the opposition midfield are sat in front of the penalty area and hoofing it clear. You need to utilise players who can take a man on and alter the number advantage. 

Onana has had his 2 best games in a 2 with Garner. Simple as that. Forget the “oh he changed it at half time”, too late. 

I don’t think the overall performance was that far form the other home games, bar Arsenal, the key difference was we scored first, early no built on it, I think we would have beaten Fulham, Wolves and Luton if we had scored first.

What was really nice, was all three goals were not subject to VAR and we were able to celebrate them like we did in the old days.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.