IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) 7th October

Romey 1878

What a result.

Some excellent performances today. 
All it takes sometimes is a goal to go in. 
McNeil seems to be getting up to speed. 
Harrison looked very good. 
Garner and Onana were excellent. 
DCL just made me so happy today. Worked that forward line so well. 

He has t been mentioned so much today, but Branthwaite is going to be an absolute leader out there. Brilliant player. 

32 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I'd love to see Onana get a goal. Think his all round play has deserved one. He's tracked back and stuck a foot in, he's broken forward and he's had somE good chances on goal. 

He's certainly stepped up today. 

Really good performance and a well deserved win. We cut apart one of the worst defensive teams in the league in the way a half decent team should. 

I thought the back four were really solid when it mattered. Tarkd and Branthwaite are building a solid partnership. We got a bit leaky at the end but the game had been won by then. Pickford saved what he needed to. Positionally Mykolenko is the weakness but I think his output going forward has now surpassed Young who seems to struggle passing the half way line and there is a massive drop off the later the game gets. Get a fresh winger against him and he will get beaten. 

The midfield were in complete control of this game from when I started watching. Bournemouth have had problems like this all season but I didnt realise just how bad it was. The reason they are so far down the defensive charts is because there is a chasm between their initial press and the rest of the team. We fully exploited it and credit goes to Onana and Garner for doing that. Garner's finish showed the composure he played with.

I think Doucoure was excellent in that transitioning role and I thought his decision making and most of his execution was as good as it has been for a while. 

Harrison gave glimpses of what he will bring to this side. That finish was sublime and he has far more quality than the alternatives. There is so much to come from him and I cant wait to see it. 

McNeil was my MOTM. He was a big part of so many of our chances, particularly second half. He was different class. He even cleared one off the line. He clearly has his limitations as a footballer (i.e slow and one footed) but his footballing brain is probably one of the smartest in the side. Its impressive for a young lad.

Dom completely bullied their defence. Their midfield didnt create a shield to help their CBs so Dom was given so much space to attack. I thought he snatched at a lot last week but he was far more composed here and things just didnt quite work out.

The subs didnt do a lot. Beto showed his work rate again but also his rawness. He probably needs to settle himself a bit more. Not everything needs to be 100mph.

Overall an excellent performance and a well deserved 3 points. Things will be a lot tougher from here though.

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

McNeill cleared one of the line....with his RIGHT no less 🤯

He also made two passes with his right foot during the game!

I actually laughed out loud when he did the first one and everyone around me at the game was looking at me because they had no idea what I'd found funny :lol:.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

A dominant win, and still some people here just love to moan. Come on! The players did well. The manager adopted the right strategy. Give credit where it's due and put aside the biases.

I haven’t seen anyone moan about this win, for me personally I’m over the moon with it for 3 reasons, firstly because of the manner of the win, secondly because of what this win should do to improve our season, and thirdly because Dyche has been forced through criticism of his tactics to play Garner in central midfield, although Gana not playing was fortuitous and not Dyche’s decision it  still proved a midfield of Doucoure, Garner, and Onana is a better set up the team. So all in all what a fantastic day just a shame things weren’t learnt against the Villa game and we might not have lost against Luton. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I haven’t seen anyone moan about this win, for me personally I’m over the moon with it for 3 reasons, firstly because of the manner of the win, secondly because of what this win should do to improve our season, and thirdly because Dyche has been forced through criticism of his tactics to play Garner in central midfield, although Gana not playing was fortuitous and not Dyche’s decision it  still proved a midfield of Doucoure, Garner, and Onana is a better set up the team. So all in all what a fantastic day just a shame things weren’t learnt against the Villa game and we might not have lost against Luton. 

Dyche prickly response to the question about garner said everything about him.   Deep down he knew that garner should be playing in the middle and he will have known he ballsed up.  

The problem with certain managers is that they get in their own way, get too clever for their own good. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

those 3 also played in center mid in an abysmal showing 2nd half against Luton. So they aren't a shoe in to perform in any circumstances. 

If you want to criticise the manager for anything between the Villa and Luton game it should be Harrison not playing. Mind you, it's easy to see why dyche wouldn't have picked him.

In hindsight, you can see he has been a catalyst.