IGNORED

Brighton and Hove Albion - (Home) 4th November

Cornish Steve

Brighton are an excellent team (and I was very impressed with Adingra when Brighton played pre-season in Atlanta), but they appear to be going through something of a lack of form right now. Their eyes might also be on an upcoming European tie. They're fully rested, though, whereas this will be our third game in six days with essentially the same players. Let's hope we can continue our upturn. I'd like to see the same team as beat West Ham.

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Brighton and Hove Albion - (home) 4th November
  • Everton have won three of their past five Premier League games - as many as they had in their previous 20.

• Brighton are winless in their past four Premier League games, their longest run without a victory since Roberto de Zerbi’s first five games in charge in October last season

• Everton’s past seven Premier League home wins have been to nil – they have not won when conceding at least once at Goodison Park since May 2022.

• Brighton have both scored and conceded in each of their past 14 Premier League games – only Everton (16 in 2012-13) and Aston Villa (15 in 2007-08) have had longer such runs.

• Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored three goals in seven Premier League appearances this season, more than he did in 17 games last term.

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Brighton and Hove Albion - (Home) 4th November

This will not be an easy game by any stretch, 2 very contrasting styles of football but we have proven to be effective at getting shots on goal @ Goodison Park without having much of the ball.

Positive is going in to this we look defensively strong, IF we can get it to click on the counter & take our chances we are a very good chance of picking up another win here.

Feels like a potential let down game. We’re flying high, they’re lacking form, but they’re a very good squad and you know they’ll pull it together at some point. The tired legs certainly won’t help. I’m thrilled to move forward in the cup but if it were me I would’ve focused on this one and rested a few more on Wednesday.

We’ll see though. The squad seems to be absolutely oozing with confidence and I’m confident they’ll be up for it.