IGNORED

F1 Chat

The BBC have ended their contract early and F1 will now be on Channel 4. Great.

And here we are. The fact that the beeb are bigging up their 5live coverage online having ditched the TV rights is ridiculous; nobody in their right mind listens to F1 when they can watch it for free elsewhere.

Anyway, alarm set for 5.45 tomorrow morning, signs that it might not be another Mercedes procession and McLaren? A lot better position than they were in twelve months ago. New Brit on the grid in Jolyon Palmer (I remember watching his dad). Bring it on!

(Though the new qualifying system is unnecessary imo, was fine as it was)

And here we are. The fact that the beeb are bigging up their 5live coverage online having ditched the TV rights is ridiculous; nobody in their right mind listens to F1 when they can watch it for free elsewhere.

Anyway, alarm set for 5.45 tomorrow morning, signs that it might not be another Mercedes procession and McLaren? A lot better position than they were in twelve months ago. New Brit on the grid in Jolyon Palmer (I remember watching his dad). Bring it on!

(Though the new qualifying system is unnecessary imo, was fine as it was)

I once did 4 laps of the track at Bruntingthorpe (Leicestershire) with Johnathon Palmer. There was a chicane at one end and he said 'we can get through there at 120 mph.' I thought 'no you can't'. On the fourth lap he did. One hand on the steering wheel the other arm resting on the back of the seat and him half turned towards me while he talked me through it. Driving is a different world at that level. Its like playing golf with a top pro, its not the same game everyone else plays.

Didn't see the F1 live. Watched the highlights on Sky, absolute shambles of a programme. They showed Hamilton coming in for a pit stop three times in as many minutes, turned out that one of them was Rosberg. Showed Hamilton leading by 8.3 seconds, a minute later he is in third place. Jumped from lap 40 something to the last lap. Absolute joke.

Someone tweeted Sky and suggested they do it in two parts. First part everyone goes out for however long and then only the faster of the two team-mates go out for the second part, the team-mates that lose line up 11th to 22nd; the other eleven then go for poll.

They say they want the grid mixed up and that'd certainly do it, I think it's an interesting idea but the teams would never go for it.

When I used to watch kart racing quite a lot some of the classes had reverse grids; that was fun! Confusing at times, but fun.

Can you see Jenson acting like that? No neither can I. Yes agreed, he is a piece of knobrot

Said it before, goes against the grain, very few Brits I want to fail in any form of sport, but if he finishes the season behind Rosberg, Vettel, Raikkonen or anyone else I'll be a happy man.

Was so happy when he came in, specially breaking the mould due to being black, really wanted massive success for him. Now I want him to crash (nothing serious) or break down every race. Can't think of another sportsman ever who's sunk so low in my estimation after me being 100% behind him at the start of his career.

:lol: he is impossible to like isn't he?

I always want him to win but I don't really care if he doesn't, and I certainly don't like him.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever disappear so far up their own rectum. He used to thank God all the time but he doesn't do that any more; I'm guessing it's because he's come to believe that he's actually God himself.

• 2 weeks later...