IGNORED

F1 Chat

No doubt Hamilton deserves the title now; but, he could win the next race and even if Rosberg failed to finish he'd still only go into the last race with a forty-nine point lead so with double points being awarded he would lose the title by a point if he got a dnf and Rosberg won.

Would piss myself laughing if that happened, partly because of the look on Hamiltons' face, but mostly because it would show what a ludicrous rule it was in the first place. Ecclestone would look a right twat.

I don't think there is much argument against the fact that Blatter is the biggest prat in sport. He is closely followed by Ecclestone though.

Wish people (Sky/BBC) would stop trying to whip up a frenzy over Sunday's race. Hamilton finishes, he wins; he brakes down/crashes, Rosberg wins. Simple.

The only possible way I can see that it gets exciting is if Hamilton gets a puncture or loses his nose and has to fight back through from the back of the field, but that's unlikely.

Jenson finishes the season with 126 points; if it hadn't been for double points today he'd have tied with Massa who was in an infinitely superior car. Magnussen finishes on 55 points.

It would be so wrong for McLaren to drop him.

Räikkönen gets another season after his abject year, Vettel gets a seat at Ferrari despite having his talent put in perspective by Ricciardo (brilliant season for him). It's crazy.

No matter how good he is I just can't warm to Hamilton; I don't actively dislike him like I used to but I'll never be a fan. How can you get behind a guy who wears this around their neck (plus the thanking god reappeared today)?

23668D4000000578-2845157-image-6_1416678

Think Stirling Moss needs his meds checked.

'Sir Stirling Moss, widely regarded as the greatest driver never to win a world title, said Hamilton's performance made him a better driver than seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher.

"It was a wonderful result for the guy who deserved it," Moss told BBC Radio 5 live. "I'd put him above Schumacher. I mean Schumacher just happened to win a lot of titles, but he wasn't as quick."'

:huh:

Think Stirling Moss needs his meds checked.

'Sir Stirling Moss, widely regarded as the greatest driver never to win a world title, said Hamilton's performance made him a better driver than seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher.

"It was a wonderful result for the guy who deserved it," Moss told BBC Radio 5 live. "I'd put him above Schumacher. I mean Schumacher just happened to win a lot of titles, but he wasn't as quick."'

:huh:

Wow, to just totally undermine Schumacher's achievements like that is unbelievable.

He's a doddery old fool these days I think he's just chatting shite like all old men do.

My Dads 80 and said he hoped Liverpool won the league last season for Steven Gerrard because he's a good pro. I nearly crashed the car. I pulled him on it weeks later when he was sitting there laughing over his roast dinner when Gerrard slipped and he looked at me like I was a martian and denied he ever said it and said he hated the red gobshite!

I think Sterling Moss will do the same this week because it's just as stupid.

Hamilton is a weird one. I like him but I can see why a lot of people don't warm to him.

I've heard that his new challenge outside of F1 is to be a singer... hmmmm.

Oh dear.

Almost as misguided as the "leather tweed bikers jacket" he was wearing on his BBC interview stint on Monday. Probably designer and costs tens of thousands but just awful.

_79244837_hamilton_car_reuters.jpg

Oh dear.

Almost as misguided as the "leather tweed bikers jacket" he was wearing on his BBC interview stint on Monday. Probably designer and costs tens of thousands but just awful.

_79244837_hamilton_car_reuters.jpg

Didnt realise you were such a fashionista Mike :D Not exactly massive crowds to see him either!

Edited by Bailey

Didnt realise you were such a fashionista Mike :D Not exactly massive crowds to see him either!

I have a personal interest in leather (biker) jackets; well one in particular. I spent a lot of money to get a real quality one in the early nineties; lived in it for years, was my "trademark" and I loved it because I'd always wanted a good one (had some cheaper/lighter versions earlier). It's now in the attic because she who must be obeyed says I'm too old to wear it :shaking fist:. But she's right really, if I got another bike then I'd take it out of mothballs but day to day I'd look a bit sad wearing it in Tescos after climbing out of my Peugeot 307, it needs a Harley to do it justice.

The tweed version is an abomination. Sacrilege.

• 2 weeks later...

More than likely. I'd be very surprised if he had no say; but you'd think, given his history, that he'd have preferred Magnusson. Maybe he thinks Jenson's past it? Will be an interesting watch.

If the stories are to be believed Alonso is the main reason behind Button staying, he was his preference. Some say it's because he doesn't want a repeat of a rookie upstaging him like last time.

• 3 months later...

Alarm set for 6.00am qualifying in Oz (I should probably go to bed).

Be really interesting (as a Jenson fan) to see how McLaren do over the season; probably three seconds off the pace of the Mercedes currently but the gap will close I have no doubt. Glad to have it back again, love the sport, just hope it's more than a two horse race this year. But I'll probably be disappointed.

Alarm set for 6.00am qualifying in Oz (I should probably go to bed).

Be really interesting (as a Jenson fan) to see how McLaren do over the season; probably three seconds off the pace of the Mercedes currently but the gap will close I have no doubt. Glad to have it back again, love the sport, just hope it's more than a two horse race this year. But I'll probably be disappointed.

Was last interesting enough for you, Mike? :P.

Uninspiring race I thought and some teams not ready - shambolic pitstops, Renault and Honda (ok still learning) engines not yet up to it, drivers should be fit yet Bottas picks up back problem though I accept this might have been unavoidable. Mercedes must be laughing. Also Williams won't or can't say who will race in Malaysia if Bottas isn't fit. The whole start to season had certain similarities to us last August. I'm an Alonso fan so mystery of his accident is also of concern. Hey ho the F1 circus is on the move and I'll still be up for the early starts.

Uninspiring race I thought and some teams not ready - shambolic pitstops, Renault and Honda (ok still learning) engines not yet up to it, drivers should be fit yet Bottas picks up back problem though I accept this might have been unavoidable. Mercedes must be laughing. Also Williams won't or can't say who will race in Malaysia if Bottas isn't fit. The whole start to season had certain similarities to us last August. I'm an Alonso fan so mystery of his accident is also of concern. Hey ho the F1 circus is on the move and I'll still be up for the early starts.

I thought it started at six so missed the first hour :unsure:.