IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

watched a film called "whiplash" last night, highly rated on IMDB so thought I would give it a chance.

Really really enjoyed it. Very intense - not usually my sort of film, its based around a drummer at a music school and his battle to make it.

Highly recomended

Saw it a while ago, both me and the missus refer to it in conversations, it's VERY good.

And yes, I also wanted to hit out at the teacher....the way he treats him later on is vile. The ending was equally frustrating and satisfying.

Saw it a while ago, both me and the missus refer to it in conversations, it's VERY good.

And yes, I also wanted to hit out at the teacher....the way he treats him later on is vile. The ending was equally frustrating and satisfying.

It needed an extra 15 minutes - but I guess that was the poetry of it.

He wanted to punish him to get revenge - but mid way through the final scene realised that he gave him his Charlie Parker moment

Watched the first five episodes of "War and Peace" on the beeb. It's pretty well done, apart from the fact that the good guys and the bad guys are so obvious from the casting/acting. Lovely innocent women falling for guys who are one step away from a Dick Dastardly moustache tweaking caricature, that's a bit ridiculous.

Watched the first five episodes of "War and Peace" on the beeb. It's pretty well done, apart from the fact that the good guys and the bad guys are so obvious from the casting/acting. Lovely innocent women falling for guys who are one step away from a Dick Dastardly moustache tweaking caricature, that's a bit ridiculous.

Yeah that's exactly how it is Mike, although I am enjoying it.

One of the best programmes on terrestrial TV "Happy Valley" starts its second series on Tuesday.

I'm sold on TMNT too (same reasons). Although as much as I like Arrow, Stephen Amell isn't Casey Jones. In my head, Casey Jones is more of a Seth Rollins type.

I think Deadpool has potential to be good fun (although I'm hoping the American-specific references are not as common as the trailer suggests, the trailer references to a 'topographical chart of Utah' (i.e. bumpy) and a retired baseball player (Jose Canseco)). I'm one of the few who likes the Wolverine: Origins movie. I hope it does well in the cinemas, so that there are more adult-targeted films like this made. I read that Fox are already considering a sequel.

I'm sold on TMNT too (same reasons). Although as much as I like Arrow, Stephen Amell isn't Casey Jones. In my head, Casey Jones is more of a Seth Rollins type.

I think Deadpool has potential to be good fun (although I'm hoping the American-specific references are not as common as the trailer suggests, the trailer references to a 'topographical chart of Utah' (i.e. bumpy) and a retired baseball player (Jose Canseco)). I'm one of the few who likes the Wolverine: Origins movie. I hope it does well in the cinemas, so that there are more adult-targeted films like this made. I read that Fox are already considering a sequel.

I agree about Casey Jones. For me, he has to be a bit rough around the edges, a bit more 'street wary'. His 'weapons' are a bit 'get the job done', not because it's actually useful. Amell is a bit of a jock, good looking, clean. Don't get the impression he'd be a street brawler. Perfect as Oliver Queen though, he looks like he could be billionaire/spoilt brat.

Friend saw it last night, he knew NOTHING of Deadpool and loved it. Said it was very funny. Gory and dark but very comedic. He liked the mix. Fox have green-lit a sequel, so that will happen.

Like you, i'm glad we're getting mature adaptations for the big screen. Daredevil and Jessica Jones also proved there's still an audience.

The Casey Jones in the original films was perfect - greasy, long hair and took no shit from Raph and gave back as good as he got. I'm not sold on Amell as Jones either.

I agree. Why didn't they just give Amell long hair?

It's typical Bay though, always wants good looking people in his films.

Finished Sons of Anarchy last night. Really enjoyed it and a bit gutted that it's ended if I'm honest.

Got up to season 6 and then it started getting really OTT. 3/4 characters were dying an episode and noone seemed to care? There were no repercussions for them killing people.

In the first season, you were lucky to see 1 or 2....then it became so frequent, it was annoying.

Got up to season 6 and then it started getting really OTT. 3/4 characters were dying an episode and noone seemed to care? There were no repercussions for them killing people.

In the first season, you were lucky to see 1 or 2....then it became so frequent, it was annoying.

Thought exactly the same thing. Watched seasons 1-5 all together and really enjoyed them. Watched the first of season six and had a break of about 4 months due to it being a bit over the top. Finally finished them on Wednesday and on the whole it was a very good series. Some great characters and twists along the way.

Watched the first episode of the new X-Files yesterday. Clever set-up and twist on everything that's gone on in the original incarnation.

Shall definitely continue watching.

Good to hear. I was obsessed as a teenager, and 2 years ago bought the boxset and rewatched it end to end. I was never happy with how it ended, hopefully this will go on to correct that.