IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I lost interest in The Last Kingdom after two episodes.

If you're talking about the Danish version of The Bridge, I've not seen much of it but at times it's pretty graphic. I saw one episode recently and there was a man who had had his brain physically removed from his skull by his murderer.

I've never seen the American remake. Does your acupuncturist enjoy poking through plot holes? :rofl:

There was a lot of coverage about that, it was pretty enjoyable too.

I've just seen The Force Awakens, I found it to be terrific but I can see that it'd annoy people as a rehashing of the original film.

Saw it last night.

I know a fair bit about the extended SW universe and found the plot, pretty obvious. You can now see where they'll be going with the trilogy.

Bit I liked

+ Daisy Ridley

+ John Boyega

+ Oscar Issac

+ All the Tie/X-wing fights

+ Kylo Ren's anger issues

+ Millennium Falcon scenes

+ The humour

What I disliked

- Carrie Fisher

- General Hux

- Phasma

- 'Rushed' center pieces

- Lack of reasoning for particular 'events'

- Snoke

I've not given away spoilers, although I didn't think there's that much to spoil. Finn and Rey (& BB-8) were excellent.

Edited by Lowensda

I've just seen The Force Awakens, I found it to be terrific but I can see that it'd annoy people as a rehashing of the original film.

Just had a text from Josh who watched it this afternoon and he said it was "unbelievably amazing".

Have to say I'm pleased with the positive response to it, was a really risky enterprise and I'm happy they pulled it off.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was one of the weaker episodes when compared to the previous seasons, but still enjoyed it. Loved the twist.

Yeah I would probably agree with that. The problem they have is that they have set such a high standard that it's going to be very difficult to keep producing future episodes that are as good as what has come before.

agreed i love that show. great actors and clever writing. hoping for a new season but those guys are so busy not sure if they have time hence the one off episode.

Yeah they are both in high demand so not expecting a new season any time soon unfortunately. For all the rubbish the BBC throw money at, they should be writing a blank cheque to all involved in Sherlock as it's the best thing they produce by a country mile.

Yeah they are both in high demand so not expecting a new season any time soon unfortunately. For all the rubbish the BBC throw money at, they should be writing a blank cheque to all involved in Sherlock as it's the best thing they produce by a country mile.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Think it's some of their finest work.