IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

4-5 episodes into a show called firefly that aired for one season. Main character is pretty funny and dry humor which I enjoy. After the season u think there is a movie as well.

Sci fi nerd alert here, not sure if other people watch this stuff. Might give battlestar galactic a chance after this.

Firefly is brilliant, a TV travesty it never got more time. Screwed by the Fox bosses :(

I've heard good things of BG, but being a fan of the original I'm a bit nervous

I saw The Martian today, I haven't read the book but I found it a bit predictable.

Going this evening, looks good in the trailers.

Also finally saw Age of Ultron, which was good but not great. I love James Spader though!

Then Mad Max yesterday, which is just bat-shit crazy!

Not seen Cradle to Grave, but Car Share was excellent.

Gets funnier with every episode, Paul Whitehouse in the last one was brilliant.

Not to mention the small matter of Julie Dray as Miss Blondel being....well, I don't have the words, my tongue is on the floor and I want to be thirty years younger!

Downloaded the Beta just to try it out.

Visually, it's beautiful. Plays well too. Only get to play very limited parts (obviously) but what I did play was great.

Beta is still available?! Only watched the trailer, it looks immense! Puts TitanFall to shame, and that's saying something!

I've been putting right "films I've been meaning to watch but not got around to" in the last couple of days. So far; Gravity, Interstellar and Escape Plan. All watchable but nothing I'll be rushing to see again, not a Sly/Arny fan at all so wasn't expecting big things of Escape Plan but I have always had a fascination with prisons so gave it a go.

I've been putting right "films I've been meaning to watch but not got around to" in the last couple of days. So far; Gravity, Interstellar and Escape Plan. All watchable but nothing I'll be rushing to see again, not a Sly/Arny fan at all so wasn't expecting big things of Escape Plan but I have always had a fascination with prisons so gave it a go.

Interstellar was brilliant in my opinion. Gravity had so many flaws but was very visually impressive (including Sandra Bullock at 50, still smokin' hot!)

Interstellar was brilliant in my opinion. Gravity had so many flaws but was very visually impressive (including Sandra Bullock at 50, still smokin' hot!)

Gravity was apparently mind-blowing in 3D; even Mark Kermode, who hates 3D with a passion, said it was the exception to his usual rule. Never seen anything in 3D personally.

agreed interstellar was brilliant and if you read up on it, scientifically accurate. they published 2 white papers after that using the findings from mathematical modeling for the black hole and wormhole.

one of the directors attended Cal-Tech for a few years taking theoretical physics courses so they could get the film right (the other nolan, not christopher). they hired rip torn who is a theoretical physicist to assist to make the movie scientifically correct. reading up on all that was fascinating, if only the general public knew all that i think it would have been more succesful.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Gravity was apparently mind-blowing in 3D; even Mark Kermode, who hates 3D with a passion, said it was the exception to his usual rule. Never seen anything in 3D personally.

I saw it in 3D but forgot that I had 'til I saw your post. I remember being impressed. It wasn't 3D with objects coming out of the screen, it was for depth so that you could tell how far the distance between floating objects. This picture doesn't do it justice:

gravity-fetal-position.jpg

The best 3D effect that I've seen was on a tour of Granada studios years ago, it was a different type of 3D that made images come out of the screen. It made a candle come out of the screen and float within touching distance of your face.

The Jessica Jones trailer was released today. It looks a lot darker than I was expecting.

David Tennent's Purple Man has police aiming guns at themselves and each other as well several people hanging themselves in front of the lead character.