IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Nope. Ruined a lot for me.

Everything was just so coincidental, it was laughable. Like the train bursting through the wall, just at the time when Bond had chased him through the sewer....considering there were some unplanned interventions, how did he get the timing so good?

Plus, I was hoping they'd never delve into his history too much, so that Bond/007 could just be a code-name (to explain the changes in appearance), now how's it going to look if Elba does get the bond gig and we see him staring at a photo of him as a kid, little 12 year old blonde haired, white kid who lived in the highlands? Explain that.

Nope. Ruined a lot for me.

Everything was just so coincidental, it was laughable. Like the train bursting through the wall, just at the time when Bond had chased him through the sewer....considering there were some unplanned interventions, how did he get the timing so good?

Plus, I was hoping they'd never delve into his history too much, so that Bond/007 could just be a code-name (to explain the changes in appearance), now how's it going to look if Elba does get the bond gig and we see him staring at a photo of him as a kid, little 12 year old blonde haired, white kid who lived in the highlands? Explain that.

my understanding is your code name thing is what it is. each 007 is just a soldier so to speak, they just went into this one's backstory. next one if elba could have a different backstory. i've never read the books though. like when daniel craig "shaken or stirred" response "i don't give a damN" he's showing he's a different type of 007 to the other ones. i've never thought of them all as the same person, i've thought they were all different 007's. so elba woudln't change that and backstories wouldn't either.

my understanding is your code name thing is what it is. each 007 is just a soldier so to speak, they just went into this one's backstory. next one if elba could have a different backstory. i've never read the books though. like when daniel craig "shaken or stirred" response "i don't give a damN" he's showing he's a different type of 007 to the other ones. i've never thought of them all as the same person, i've thought they were all different 007's. so elba woudln't change that and backstories wouldn't either.

I just felt Skyfall went too close to destroying the illusion. Giving opportunities for future films to expose the plot holes. Daft really/

Best bits about Bond films were that it wasn't taken too seriously.

I just felt Skyfall went too close to destroying the illusion. Giving opportunities for future films to expose the plot holes. Daft really/

Completely the opposite for me. Dalton was my favourite before Craig because he was a cold blooded spy, serious, real. That was the whole point for me, with the "oh come on!" moments being in a couple of the action sequences rather than the other way around

yes and no for me. it's not like bourne films where i'm like damn this is crazy cool. bond films i'm like i'm going to see a bunch of stuff blown up, hot girls, and an unrealistic hero that always wins. skyfall he was most human which was surprising for me and cool.

but i agree they aren't to be taken too seriously, i felt they went far enough to reel you in but not far enough that i have real empathy for the character.

Thought I'd put a family type film on that we could all watch so stumped for Into The Woods - Little red riding hood etc

It's a fucking musical which I didn't know and which I'm far from keen on hence why I'm outside vaping (ecig) my head off typing this and that fat tit James Cordon is in it aswel which makes it worse

Going to give The Last Which Hunter a go once the kids knod off

Edited by EFC-Paul

Well I certainly wasn't going to watch the MOBO Awards or "sportswomen of the year" last night - just in the same way I wouldn't watch MOWO awards or sportsman of the year awards.

Funny isn't it. People try to fight discrimination by creating discrimination. Bell ends. Gets my fucking goat. It gives the real racist or sexist pricks a reason to kick off, then they start putting up right wing pictures on twitter and behave like neanderthals.

After this Troy Townsend bollocks I've got a bee in my bonnet.

I hate discrimination in any way shape or form, especially positive discrimination. But hey, nowadays you get tagged for saying that.

it would be interesting who you rate or listen to.

I have quite an eclectic taste in music.

I even like stuff you shouldn't like. Music I prefer always either means something to me or just resonates something inside. It doesn't matter if that's pop, rock, death metal, cheesy, old hat, Old school hip hop, ballad, house, non-lyrical, spoken word, comedic, grime, dubstep.

But for reasons I can't really explain, I don't like the Beatles. Their music to me is either whiney or not exciting enough. I don't particularly like them as individuals and that doesn't help. So for me, I don't get it. I appreciate the reasons why people might like them and I won't say you're wrong for doing so, I personally just can't get into them or their music.

If I were to pick particulars from some of the genres listed above, as top talents, they'd be;

Foo Fighters

Bob Marley

Carlos Santana

Jay-Z/Eminem/Dr Dre

Beastie Boys / Run-DMC

Queen

Tenacious D (Obvs) /

Michael Jackson/Jackson 5

Justin Timberlake/Ed Sheeran

Marvin Gaye

Daft Punk/Tiesto/Scratch Perverts

Slipknot/Motorhead/System of a Down

Eva Cassidy

(admitting this is bad because he's a ball bag but his music is catchy.) Justin Beiber

The Supremes

Arctic Monkeys

I'm going to say it. I don't get it.

Maybe I don't appreciate them but I just can't stand them. As a band, as people, there's not a lot that appeals to me.

I do and did get them for a long time and I still love a lot of their stuff and listen to it. The release of a new Beatles single was such a big event in the sixties; the fact that my dad was involved with them helped B).

But; some of their stuff, particularly later was complete self indulgent shite (eg White Album). As people? imo Paul may be a musical genius but is really not the sharpest pencil in the box otherwise and if I hear him play "Hey Jude" (or "Let it Be") again at the end of a multi-band charity thing I'll stab him. John and George I liked. Ringo is/was and always will be a total wanker. The only thing I enjoyed of his was when he was narrating Thomas the Tank Engine.

Jessica Jones was release on Netflix this morning and I can't wait to start it.

JJ is the follow on series from DareDevil (which if you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it - not what you'd expect from light'n'fluffy Marvel) and will eventually lead onto the Defenders.

Just read a couple of early reviews and series impressions and apparently, it's better than DD. Will be forcing H to watch that later ahaha.

JJ is the follow on series from DareDevil (which if you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it - not what you'd expect from light'n'fluffy Marvel) and will eventually lead onto the Defenders.

Just read a couple of early reviews and series impressions and apparently, it's better than DD. Will be forcing H to watch that later ahaha.

I'm up to episode 5 now. I never thought i would see cunnilingus in a Marvel series.

Need some films recommended

I've just watched American sniper and lone survivor.

Patto, you might enjoy '71. It's on Film4 on Thursday night.

awesome! Will get on that when we get home next week :)