IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Watch this before you see it:

Michael Douglas was excellent throughout and the way they de-aged him for the first scene set in 1989 was terrific. It was like Gordon Gecko had entered the room. It seemed a bit odd that John Slattery would be playing Howard Stark again after being replaced by Dominic Cooper. It was fun but instantly forgettable.

I think it had something to do with yellowjacket villain being pretty rubbish, it was just over. The villain started off so well too.

He literally got away with murder after flushing a co-workers shrunken mangled body down the toilet

I took my 9yr old cousin as an excuse but she was bored silly, resting her head on her hands. She couldn't wait for it to end. I missed the second of the two post-credits scenes because I felt sorry for her. I enjoyed it more than her, probably because I could follow the plot (it was pretty convoluted for a kid's film) and I like the work of Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish - even though they didn't have much say in the final film.

ok = alright ?

So you're of a similar opinion to me and Romey, then? Did the opening prison scene seem pointless to you?

Yeah. No backstory what so ever. I know they were trying to fill it later on, with snippets of the Vista corp heist....why did they just not show it? Why did they have to ignore it and then mention it in little titbits? It would have had a much greater impact if we saw his 'Robin Hood' heist. An every man who whistle blew, wanted to get back at them by hacking their profits and giving it back to the people. It wouldn't have taken that long to show it?

Because Lang was seen as a 'famous' anti-hero before he nicked the suit, it would have been nice to have seen him in his early marriage days too (and his relationship with Cassie), does the heist and THEN got arrested. Would have added to the 'beef' he and his ex-wife's new partner had (with an even bigger pay off at the end).

That being said, some of it was very well done. The humour was standard Marvel, so I expected it to be funny in parts. Others were incredibly cheesy. Loved the fight with the B rate Avenger too. That was funny.

I did like Michael Douglas though, thought he was excellent. Lilly did very well as well. Thought Rudd was a good choice too. So in casting departments, I think they did well. But Pena was by far the best in terms of 'characters'.

The pacing was very good in fairness (which is usually not the case in some of Marvel's other films (Guardians' and Winter Solider the ONLY two to get it spot on)).

It was enjoyable. Not as 'exciting' as i'd have hoped (and i'm not sure whether it's because of the amount of marketing there's been, I felt I already knew what was going to happen)

I DO however, have a much greater appreciation for the character of Ant-Man, which when first announced, I laughed a lot. You soon realise he's probably more powerful than Cap, Iron Man, Falcon, Hawkeye etc. He's a top level Avenger now. NEVER thought i'd say that!

i'm a sucker for the bond franchise, love them all. that looks like another great one, i'm glad the storyline combining all the daniel craig one's is progressing.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Don't get me wrong it's a poor second series compared to the actors in the first but I think Colin Farrell is underrated and I like the dynamic of his character. Just took my boy to see the Pixar film inside out which was good but not as good as people are making it out to be.

Don't get me wrong it's a poor second series compared to the actors in the first but I think Colin Farrell is underrated and I like the dynamic of his character. Just took my boy to see the Pixar film inside out which was good but not as good as people are making it out to be.

Farrell and McAdams are the saving graces of it. Farrell in particular.

Dvd quality release on Kodi so I'll give Southpaw a go later it gets a very good write up from most critics and agree on Gyllenhaal very good and versatile actor

Watched Gangs of New York again this morning when I got in from work brilliant film and I'd definitely put DiCaprio in with the modern greats cracking actor

Watched Flight of the Navigator yesterday with my little girl for abit of nostalgia can't beat the oldies

To many bloody films to watch now and not enough time -_-

Edited by EFC-Paul

That's one I don't think I've ever seen tbh Finn I'll add it to "the ones to watch but never have time to with two kids pile" :)

I probably enjoyed Gangs of New York slightly more than I should have due to having a fairly big interest in the prohibition era and that time prior being a catalyst to what then came

Colin Farrell is going to be a huge actor again. Almost too good looking a few years ago but I think he is going to get major roles after true detective

Liked him in Ballykissangel and a couple of his early films were good; Phone Booth in particular and The Recruit I quite enjoyed but not much since. Alexander would be towards the top of my list of worst films ever made.

True Detective good is it?

Liked him in Ballykissangel and a couple of his early films were good; Phone Booth in particular and The Recruit I quite enjoyed but not much since. Alexander would be towards the top of my list of worst films ever made.

True Detective good is it?

first series was amazing but with different actors. second series is getting good.The recruit was decent i thought. Alexander was fucking awful wasnt it? bad wigs and irish accents? WTF?

BBC Proms: Ibiza edition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b063s4gx/bbc-proms-2015-season-radio-1-ibiza-prom

1. Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now
2. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo
3. The Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
4. Robert Miles - Children
5. ATB - 9 PM (Till I Come)
6. Moby - Go
7. Frankie Knuckles - Your Love
8. Inner City - Good Life
9. Orbital - Belfast
10. The Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II
11. Daft Punk - One More Time
12. Alison Limmerick - Where Love Lives (Come On In)
13. Vangelis - Rachel's Song (Perfecto Symphony Orchestra)
14. Moby - Porcelain
15. Faithless - Insomnia
16. Rudimental - Waiting All Night
17. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
18. Rhythm is Rhythm - Strings of Life
19. DJ Rolando - Jaguar (Knights of the Jaguar)
20. Brainbug - Nightmare
21. Energy 52 - Café del Mar
22. Rudimental - Feel the Love
23. The Source - You Got the Love

Can't complain!

BBC Proms: Ibiza edition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b063s4gx/bbc-proms-2015-season-radio-1-ibiza-prom

1. Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now

2. Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

3. The Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme

4. Robert Miles - Children

5. ATB - 9 PM (Till I Come)

6. Moby - Go

7. Frankie Knuckles - Your Love

8. Inner City - Good Life

9. Orbital - Belfast

10. The Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II

11. Daft Punk - One More Time

12. Alison Limmerick - Where Love Lives (Come On In)

13. Vangelis - Rachel's Song (Perfecto Symphony Orchestra)

14. Moby - Porcelain

15. Faithless - Insomnia

16. Rudimental - Waiting All Night

17. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You

18. Rhythm is Rhythm - Strings of Life

19. DJ Rolando - Jaguar (Knights of the Jaguar)

20. Brainbug - Nightmare

21. Energy 52 - Café del Mar

22. Rudimental - Feel the Love

23. The Source - You Got the Love

Can't complain!

I only know the first one of those :huh:.

Went to Ibiza in about 1968, it was a bit different then.