IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Not seen Jurassic World yet but every time I see Chris Pratt in anything the nerd in me kicks in and it's "Ah that's Star Lord" your birth name is no more!

This is how I described it to my mates on WhatsApp:

I can tell you that seeing Star-Lord on a Harley, acting as 'alpha' to a stampeding raptor pack will be the best thing you see this year.

Chris Evans confirmed as new "lead presenter" of Top Gear. Astute guy and in no way needs the money so presumably he's sold on the new format; be interesting to see. Hammond and May were effectively nobodies when they signed up in the last incarnation so I'm sure the producers have stuff up their sleeves.

Opinion divided in our house, wife & son completely dismissive while I'm in the "wait and see" camp. It's a bit like when Dr Who regenerates :). Keep an open mind people (but I'm being shouted down).

Chris Evans confirmed as new "lead presenter" of Top Gear. Astute guy and in no way needs the money so presumably he's sold on the new format; be interesting to see. Hammond and May were effectively nobodies when they signed up in the last incarnation so I'm sure the produces have stuff up their sleeves.

Opinion divided in our house, wife & son completely dismissive while I'm in the "wait and see" camp. It's a bit like when Dr Who regenerates :). Keep an open mind people (but I'm being shouted down).

I'd be happy with that.

Chris Evans confirmed as new "lead presenter" of Top Gear. Astute guy and in no way needs the money so presumably he's sold on the new format; be interesting to see. Hammond and May were effectively nobodies when they signed up in the last incarnation so I'm sure the producers have stuff up their sleeves.

Who are the other presenters?

Who are the other presenters?

No idea yet, or any idea if the beeb have or not. I just don't think Evans would have put himself in a position where he was likely to bomb, so if he trusts the selection process (or even knows who's in the frame) I'd tend to trust him.

Great choice in Evans for Top Gear was always the logical name that popped into my head who should take over

Loves his motors and knows his stuff wouldn't be surprised to see Jodie Kidd along side someone else

Cant stant the fella, not a chance of it being half as good as the original. And lots of peeps wont watch, including me.

Cant stant the fella, not a chance of it being half as good as the original. And lots of peeps wont watch, including me.

You're right, it'll never be as good as the halcyon days of Angela Rippon but he can't be worse than the three muppets that have been doing it recently. Not watched it for years, the odd special aside. I'll certainly watch the new version to see what they do with it :).

It got far to scripted for me Bill I know what you mean and I liked May and Clarkson for the most part but not having to see that autoscript reading bellend Hammond is a big plus for me

Evans knows his stuff I'm not overly keen on him as a personality as I've never really found him comical a Johnny Vaughan type would be well suited alongside him for me

Apparently holding open auditions for the other two slots a sort of X-factor format

Edited by EFC-Paul

Watched Lucky Number Slevin last night; Just did a search to see if it'd been mentioned before and got a bit of a blast from the past...

Lucky # Number Slevin. ( Josh Hartnett, Lucy Liu, Ben Kingsley, Bruce Willlis, Morgan Freeman)

Not Bad @ all.

Wonder what's happened to Pat, though I know a bit about why he disappeared in the first place. Great character & TT legend.

Anyway, was a good film I thought, Willis's "acting" aside. Lucy Liu is stunning.

I watched it a few months ago myself - I really enjoyed it.

So did I, wife watches loads of films (I rarely do) but this one she said I'd like and I did. Very clever.

Just think the Willis character could've been better cast, he's extremely limited and strong/thoughtful/understated isn't in his locker.

Minor complaint given the rest of it.

I watched it a few months ago myself - I really enjoyed it.

I wasn't impressed with True Detective last night. Well, it was more the awful Vince Vaughn than the rest of the cast.

Oh FFS, really?! Thats put me off looking it up now, he is shite (though I thought the same about Matthew McMonaughey prior to that role)

Watching bits and pieces of Glastonbury, love The Waterboys who opened on the pyramid stage today.

Always makes me laugh that they call it "Glastonbury" though. Worthy Farm, Pilton is nine miles from Glastonbury but only three miles from Shepton Mallett (which is actually slightly the bigger town of the two). But calling it "Shepton Mallett" wouldn't sound as sexy I guess :).

I've lived in both towns as a piece of totally useless information.

The festivals have lost their appeal to me. I like the BBC coverage where you can select who'd you like to see at your own convenience but I wouldn't like to go to one.

This is the last one I went to :lol:. I'd like to do Glasto once I think but the prices now are ridiculous, Reading back then was less than £10 for the three days! I still have the wrist bands for that and the '77 one :).

il_570xN.498830476_kpe2.jpg