IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

What do you think of them rewriting Ultron's origins for the film?

Makes perfect sense. Pym hadn't been introduced up to now. So have a major villain created by a hero noone really gives two hoots about?

Iron Man MADE the Marvel films what they are today. He is the single most important figure in the MCU for connectivity and future story arcs (Civil War).

It makes perfect sense for people to start feeling the destruction these "hero's" can cause.

The chemistry and bromance of Banner and Stark is great. They are supposed to be two of the greatest scientific/engineering minds the world has ever seen.

Makes perfect sense for them to create something Soo destructive.

Pym will barely get a look-in going forward, so no need to destroy his legacy with a rushed plot.

I thought the reason they didn't use Pym was because someone else owns the rights to him and wouldn't let Marvel use him?

You know Ant-Mans out this year, don't you? Scott Lang will be the new AM, with Michael Douglas playing Pym.

Only rights Marvel can't use are Mutants.

You know Ant-Mans out this year, don't you? Scott Lang will be the new AM, with Michael Douglas playing Pym.

Only rights Marvel can't use are Mutants.

Fair enough. I have no interest in characters like Ant-Man (seems fucking ridiculous), so I didn't even know his name tbh.

Fair enough. I have no interest in characters like Ant-Man (seems fucking ridiculous), so I didn't even know his name tbh.

I love that you have standards here. "A man shrinking to the size of ant? Fucking ridiculous". "A genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist making his own weaponised suit, artificially intelligent butler and 3 inch power supply? count me in." :P

It's surprising how far back the comic book films have been in

I love that you have standards here. "A man shrinking to the size of ant? Fucking ridiculous". "A genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist making his own weaponised suit, artificially intelligent butler and 3 inch power supply? count me in." :P

:lol: It's more that I can't understand why anyone would be a fan of it, and it being worthy of a film (and possibly a whole franchise of films).

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it much either. Although I was when Edgar Wright was doing it. He's worked on some of my favourite films (and Spaced!)

What I was saying here is that it surprised me just how far back comic book films have been the big attraction in cinemas. The X-Men movie and Unbreakable were 15 years ago.

Wes Anderson's Uncanny X-Men:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rELHS7_fLKU

Scandal, just caught up from series one to this weeks episode in the last few weeks.

The Blacklist, not watched this weeks yet, but brilliant so far.

Walking Dead, can't explain, I just love it.

Suits, coolest man in the world is Harvey Specter, and Meghan Markle is just too hot.

The Following is back this week too.

Got the first three series of Breaking Bad for Christmas but not had chance yet.

Not read the thread upto date incase there are any spoilers.

Watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas last night, been meaning to for ages.

Very well made "holocaust through the eyes of a child" film (apart from one thing that annoyed me) and a real shocking ending; though it actually shouldn't be that shocking. Bit cryptic that I know. Maybe people who've seen it will understand.

I saw the film having never even heard of the book or knowing what it was about. It was on one night, I presumed it was something like 'Rambow'. Which part annoyed you ?

The fact that "Grandma" (Sheila Hancock) didn't visit and was then killed off; wanted to see more of her and I think the writer could/should have fleshed out her part a bit. Having said that not read the book so I don't know if the film is different in any way.

Watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas last night, been meaning to for ages.

Very well made "holocaust through the eyes of a child" film (apart from one thing that annoyed me) and a real shocking ending; though it actually shouldn't be that shocking. Bit cryptic that I know. Maybe people who've seen it will understand.

Read the book, its horrific enough without seeing the film.

Jeremy Clarkson dropped from Top Gear. Not a big fan myself but the specials can be quite entertaining.

Odds on his replacement...Evans is the obvious choice I'd have thought.

Chris Evans 2/5
Jodie Kidd 5/1
Johnny Vaughan 8/1
Steve Coogan 8/1
Dermot O'Leary 10/1
Tiff Needell 14/1
Dan Walker 14/1
Jimmy Carr 14/1
Vicky Butler Henderson 14/1
Ant and Dec 14/1
Eddie Irvine 14/1
Eddie Jordan 14/1
Jake Humphrey 14/1
Suzi Perry 16/1
David Coutlhard 16/1
Adrian Chiles 20/1
Martin Brundle 20/1
Quentin Wilson 25/1
Boris Johnson 25/1

Vaughan would actually be a pretty similar persona to Clarkson I think

Boris Johnson would be comical! But I wouldn't be surprised to see the top three of those odds to be used

Anyone would be better than Hammond Mr I'm not reading from a script...honest

Edited by EFC-Paul