IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

The Kingsman

Did you know at one point Oscar Pistorius' representatives held meetings about him playing the Gazelle. They were asked if he'd make a convincing killer but he decided not to take the role to concentrate on training. It's said that the scene where Gazelle shoots someone through a door is a direct reference. Dark.

Rugby. What a pile of shite this ridiculous game is. Think I'll watch the last 15 of Benidorm, instead.

It does help if you understand the laws of the game, mystifying if you don't. Even those who do are perplexed by some decisions that only the referee can see, particularly in the scrum. Good win for England though.

lillyhammer on netflix it's ok quite funny at times.

Thought the final series was a bit weak, i think they tried to squeeze a bit more out of the show but it was one series too many.

Another series of House of Cards coming to Netflix on February 27th.

I watched Schindlers List again a couple of days ago after watching the seventy year anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz "ceremony" earlier in the week.

Astonishing film with an incredibly moving ending.

Aside, that I only found out yesterday talking to my mother-in-law, was that German Jewish refugees who managed to get to the UK were put into internment camps (predominantly on the Isle of Man but also in Scotland) as "enemy aliens" for the duration. I found that really shocking. Her family avoided it because her father joined the Pioneer Corps.

Better conditions than a concentration camp for sure but still imprisoned for fleeing imprisonment (and worse).

BREAKING*

Sony and Marvel have come to an agreement for Spiderman to be included into the MCU.

Finally!!!

MCU Characters will pop up in standalone webslinger movies and vice versa.

Immense.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/10/sony-and-marvel-partner-to-bring-spider-man-into-the-marvel-cinematic-universe?watch

I take it Andrew Garfield will lose his spot as Spiderman and they'll go with a new actor?

I also watched Better Call Saul, I've never seen Breaking Bad though. :\ I'll have to remedy that.

Grand Budapest Hotel was also fun, though I imagine there'd be uproar if the genders had been reversed; a female concierge sleeping with customers to keep their returning business would not have gone down so well.