IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Was a real eye-opener for my wife. Having a German Jewish mother who lost many family members in the camps and who refused (until around a decade ago) to even step foot back into her home country she's always had a real blind spot when it comes to Germany and Germans and was very dismissive when I read the book and tried to tell her about it. She took a lot of persuading to go and see it but I'm very glad she did, and so's she.

Anyone not teary at the end must have been scooped up by the narrator during the screening.

Have you read the book? It's genius.

Not read the book, but I can tell it will have been well written by the narratives. Was the narrator an angel? Loved those bits.

In case someone plans to read/see.

Was the Grim Reaper himself.

Wife has told me I should have said...

"Death" was the narrator, or at least I should have put "The Grim Reaper" in inverted commas. In the book he writes the whole thing.

Wife has told me I should have said...

"Death" was the narrator, or at least I should have put "The Grim Reaper" in inverted commas. In the book he writes the whole thing.

yeah he states that he isn't what he picture him to be. Scythe etc. Rudi jumped into his arms etc, can't have been scary.

yeah he states that he isn't what he picture him to be. Scythe etc. Rudi jumped into his arms etc, can't have been scary.

Mike's all secretive with Spoiler alerts. Hafnia does not deal in secretive. Rock out with your cock out brother.

Edited by tenaciousj

Watched a cracking film the other night "Starred Up" - best british film i've seen in a while. Harrowing Prison film. Well worth a watch, on Sky premiere.

Anyone seen it?

No, but it's apparently fantastic. Jack O'Connell is meant to be a great young actor to keep an eye on. The film Unbroken is also meant to be great, as well as the '71 about a British solider lost in Belfast .

Edited by tenaciousj

No, but it's apparently fantastic. Jack O'Connell is meant to be a great young actor to keep an eye on. The film Unbroken is also meant to be great, as well as the '71 about a British solider lost in Belfast .

they should make young teenage delinquents watch it... you just don't fancy jail after that.

And it's back from the midseason break :D

Aha. Love it. Absolutely love it.

What do you think of it so far Pete? Easy watching but pleasing on most accounts (action, humour, story, character)

Your'e going to strangle me but I've never really been into DC Comics or Marvel. Used to read them when I was 10-11. That said, I think its an ok series. As you mentioned, there's action, there's humour. The story is a little thin so far (too much of the same in every episode) I do enjoy seeing Caitlin Snow tho ;) (Danielle Panabaker - of me wishes for a romantic connection there but having read a bit about the flash online I already know too much)

That's my problem, When I watch a series that I like, I rush ahead and find wikis etc because I want to read more about the characters. I often come across spoilers that way. I knew who the mother was (HIMYM) before the show aired. (I also knew why he was telling the story to his kids and how it ended before it aired)

Banshee, Sons of anarchy etc are better shows but I'm glad that you recommended The Flash because I am enjoying it and I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.