IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Batman vs. Superman Dawn of Justice was pretty good. I'm surprised (and disappointed) that there are so many reviews saying it was poor. I think many people thought this would be a light child friendly affair, it's far from that. There are at least two "I didn't see that coming scenes". The actions of Luther make him one of the best out and out movie villains in years - certainly better than the Marvel film equivalents.

Batman vs. Superman Dawn of Justice was pretty good. I'm surprised (and disappointed) that there are so many reviews saying it was poor. I think many people thought this would be a light child friendly affair, it's far from that. There are at least two "I didn't see that coming scenes". The actions of Luther make him one of the best out and out movie villains in years - certainly better than the Marvel film equivalents.

I thought it was OK. I really liked Luthor, I thought it was a good change to see him be a crazy shit rather than cold and calculating. I don't think Snyder did a good job for the movie overall though - the movie was all over the place. It was like Snyder was a little kid and wanted to fit so much into the film that he ended up not actually having a proper plot.

Affleck was fantastic as Batman though and I was very negative when it was announced he'd be playing the role. I also much preferred Irons' Alfred to Michael Caine's. Michael Caine is a shit actor who is the same in every single movie I've ever seen him in - he just plays himself!

Brilliant series. Series 4 is by far the best of the lot. Avoid 8 like the plague.

watched the 3rd episode and It clicked for me last night. The bit where the drug dealer took his girlfriends keys was ace - hating him but you just know he gonna be wrapped up in cling film soon.... the bit with the young lad who he let off was strange - surely he was going to kill the lad looking for the alligator.

yeah - I can see this being a "one more episode" series. I fell asleep in episode 4 as I only had 3 hours sleep the night before.

Just watched Batman and agree with everyone that it's very good. Lex was a crazy 'joker', and it was nice to understand what batman was saying for a change. Thought wonder woman was a bit of an ass pull, but she's kick arse gorgeous. Only gripes would be Batman's dreams, and the choppy scenes. Great cast, the story follows some logic. Liked that they never had too many jokes that distract from the action like in Marvel, and just the right amount of action.

Just watched Batman and agree with everyone that it's very good. Lex was a crazy 'joker', and it was nice to understand what batman was saying for a change. Thought wonder woman was a bit of an ass pull, but she's kick arse gorgeous. Only gripes would be Batman's dreams, and the choppy scenes. Great cast, the story follows some logic. Liked that they never had too many jokes that distract from the action like in Marvel, and just the right amount of action.

I actually liked it. The 'choppy' cut scenes were a blag.

Two of my biggest bugs with the film were:

1. Constant jumping between scenes, which weren't that relevant. Like cutting to Wonder Woman on 5 (yep) different occasions, leading up to the end fight (she's going into a hotel, back to original scene, she's getting into a cab, back to original scene, getting on a plane, back to original scene, getting off the plane, back to original scene, she turns up in the WW garb....why not just turn up without the build up? Much more of a 'holy shit' moment)

2. If you don't know the DC universe and the characters, the most common things I heard (from H) was "What's going on?". "Who's that?". "I don't get it". Without prior knowledge, it is confusing. I understood it and enjoyed it but the "Flash scene" was one of the scenes where general public would have thought "WTF!".

That being said, Battflick was amazing. My favourite Batman by a mile. Hard bastard.

I actually liked it. The 'choppy' cut scenes were a blag.

Two of my biggest bugs with the film were:

1. Constant jumping between scenes, which weren't that relevant. Like cutting to Wonder Woman on 5 (yep) different occasions, leading up to the end fight (she's going into a hotel, back to original scene, she's getting into a cab, back to original scene, getting on a plane, back to original scene, getting off the plane, back to original scene, she turns up in the WW garb....why not just turn up without the build up? Much more of a 'holy shit' moment)

2. If you don't know the DC universe and the characters, the most common things I heard (from H) was "What's going on?". "Who's that?". "I don't get it". Without prior knowledge, it is confusing. I understood it and enjoyed it but the "Flash scene" was one of the scenes where general public would have thought "WTF!".

That being said, Battflick was amazing. My favourite Batman by a mile. Hard bastard.

My gf was confused with the lack of back story as well, especially the final baddie, Superman shirtless helped her pay attention though.

I'm looking forward to see where they go with the new batman. Would like to see a prequel with joker and Robin. Keaton was my favourite, but could be taken over.

Edited by pete0

Masterchef, one of a few things on tv that's repetitive but never gets boring the only downsides are it makes me hungry and I can't eat the stuff they cook :(

Yeah I love Masterchef, only the British one mind, the Oz one that the wife watches is a gameshow rather than a cooking competition. Gordon Ramsay doing a US version also I think, will be crap.

I also have a 99.5% rate of predicting the qualifiers each round over the the years so I'm a bit smug and always beat the wife, so that's satisfying :P.

Even watched/enjoyed it when I could eat no solids; my lad reckons I should apply to go on it, but that's based on a pasta sauce I make so probably wouldn't take me too far :lol:.

Yeah I love Masterchef, only the British one mind, the Oz one that the wife watches is a gameshow rather than a cooking competition. Gordon Ramsay doing a US version also I think, will be crap.

I also have a 99.5% rate of predicting the qualifiers each round over the the years so I'm a bit smug and always beat the wife, so that's satisfying :P.

Even watched/enjoyed it when I could eat no solids; my lad reckons I should apply to go on it, but that's based on a pasta sauce I make so probably wouldn't take me too far :lol:.

Yep only the British version of Masterchef for me also, Great British Bake Off and Great British Menu two others I really enjoy watching

Ha give it a go mate pasta sauce starter main and pudding just put some chocolate and caramel sauce in there and Gregg will love it!!

"The A Word" on the beeb about a little lad on the autism spectrum. Really moving and brilliant performance from the kid playing him.

yeah I'm really enjoying this.

Just watched the third episode, it gets even better. BBC are doing some real quality drama all of a sudden, wonder if they had someone new put in charge of the department recently.

Similar theme; watched Snow Cake, film with Alan Rickman and Sigourney Weaver last night, that was excellent also.