IGNORED

Liverpool at Wembley

MikeO

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh! Just watched the Vic post-match video on the OS and he doesnt come across confident about the derby, didnt help that it mentioned we've only won 1/11 semi finals against them

Let's make it 2/12 then. I'm not confident at all about this game because I know that we won't go at them and cause them to shit in their shorts. Doni needs to be attacked from the word go and so does the shaky defence that they have. So long as Johnny can keep Suarez in his pocket and so long as Gerrard dosen't get a chance to pop balls in then we will be alright.

Confidence is needed for any game like this and to go at the Vic post-match video Johnny is talking well about the Semi.

Argh! Just watched the Vic post-match video on the OS and he doesnt come across confident about the derby, didnt help that it mentioned we've only won 1/11 semi finals against them sad.png

Probably because he wont be playing! laugh.png

In all seriousness, i am shitting bricks for this, such a massive occasion and honestly i dont think a lot of their players will be able to cope, Namely Carroll, Henderson, Spearing. They've played in a league cup final against Cardiff, a Semi-final against us is a whole different kettle of fish! A lot of the players who will play on Saturday took part in the Final in 09 and that will be a big big advantage. It will be a tight game though i feel, but i think we will edge it, either 2-1 or 3-2 to us, dont care who scores but a Cahill header from a set piece would do nicely tongue.png

A minute's silence to mark the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster will be held before both this weekend's FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley.

Players from all teams involved - Liverpool play Everton on Saturday and Tottenham face Chelsea on Sunday - will wear black armbands.

Rival captains Steven Gerrard and Phil Neville will present members of the Hillsborough Family Support Group with flowers prior to kick-off and also lay floral tributes to the Hillsborough victims at the side of the pitch.

So we last won a semi against them in 1906? That figures. So many horror stories and painful memories of this fixture ( especially in big games) down the years. Can’t see this being much different. I think Moyes will revert to type, get them to play cautiously, and we’ll be completely outplayed (probably lose 3-0). If he does man up (which he won’t) and get us to attack, can see it going the way of ’77 when we were completely robbed by Clive Thomas (the pain of that still smarts). Would absolutely love to be proved wrong and finally win one but I just can’t see it. Won’t be able to watch, to be honest.

Chicago and Dalziel, guess who else has to get up at stupid o'clock to watch the game, those going the game.shaking fist.png Coaches leaving 4.30, ridiculous starting time.

Anyway I digress, confidence in a victory for us is not a bad thing, nerves even against Liverpool, not me I don't show them. To me I accept them as just another team to beat that way any stick given out is like water of a duck's back. Anyway after the lean years we have had I am used to it, that is why I shall savour it even more on Saturday.dry.png

A minute's silence to mark the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster will be held before both this weekend's FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley.

Players from all teams involved - Liverpool play Everton on Saturday and Tottenham face Chelsea on Sunday - will wear black armbands.

Rival captains Steven Gerrard and Phil Neville will present members of the Hillsborough Family Support Group with flowers prior to kick-off and also lay floral tributes to the Hillsborough victims at the side of the pitch.

Hopefully it will be respected.

And hopefully no trouble down there, if there is the southerners will love it!

And please, less of the murderers chanting in the stands too.

Suarez and Gerrard rested tonight.

Dalglish...

"It was a big decision - to be fair to us, to our players, to other teams and to treat the competition with respect. But the most important thing is we have to look after ourselves."

Happy to see Bellamy playing, only player who I'd consider a threat.

Yup.....though I think maybe Brad Jones is a better keeper than him anyway (not basing that on any goalkeeping expertise, just reputation).

I'd rather Doni played based on him being shiterofl.gif , don't know anything about Jones but he can't be worst than Doni.

Only had a pound in my skybet account so put a cheeky 50p on a yaktrick so might turn into a score to put on the national with a bit of luck :)

Liverpool's fourth choice keeper is (as far as I can see) Peter Gulasci, Hungarian under 21 international currently on loan at Hull.....probably have to recall him, unless they put a kid on the bench.

Just get this horrible feeling that all the adversity is setting them up for a win on Saturday....they always seem to manage to crawl out of the shit smelling of rosesdry.png .

Did anyone see comic Alan Davies having a right go at Liverpool not wanting to play on the 15th April, said some quite unsavory things ahead of the anniversary but anyone who read it can to a point understand what he's getting at, but all the same did himself no favors with that outburst.

Speak of them, and Liverpool are playing Rovers this night, I don't know the score or anything about it, oh fuck off had a look at the main site and they got a win tonight, away from home sad.png still I do think we may just have enough to beat them at the weekend, but not the result I wanted to see tonight.

Even if they had lost 6-0 tonight I feel it would have been irrelevant going into the weekend as it's a derby semi-final at a neutral venue and on the day, anything can happen. Anniversary weekend or not, I hope we fucking beat these on Saturday.

Did anyone see comic Alan Davies having a right go at Liverpool not wanting to play on the 15th April, said some quite unsavory things ahead of the anniversary but anyone who read it can to a point understand what he's getting at, but all the same did himself no favors with that outburst.

Speak of them, and Liverpool are playing Rovers this night, I don't know the score or anything about it, oh fuck off had a look at the main site and they got a win tonight, away from home sad.png still I do think we may just have enough to beat them at the weekend, but not the result I wanted to see tonight.

Even if they had lost 6-0 tonight I feel it would have been irrelevant going into the weekend as it's a derby semi-final at a neutral venue and on the day, anything can happen. Anniversary weekend or not, I hope we fucking beat these on Saturday.

youtube clip on the koppite thread...the build up to it is funny as fuck