IGNORED

Steven Nzonzi

• 4 years later...

FFS....

Good player and the kind of player we need in our midfield. Barry can't play every game at his age and we'll miss Gueye's energy massively during the AFCON. It's clear we need fitter and stronger players if we're going to succeed under Koeman - N'Zonzi fits this profile.

He has been good for Sevilla by all accounts, but he has failed at least twice in our league. He is not good enough to improve us in my opinion.

I wouldn't say he's failed Matt far from it I'd say he was one of Stokes better players whilst there

I remember reading on a Stoke forum that many put their turn in fortunes down to his departure whether that's true or not I couldn't say but he's certainly been at good player whilst over here for both Blackburn and Stoke

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm surprised how many People forget we have a player called Besic.

Once he's fit I would have him in ahead of McCarthy, Cleverly, or Barkley at the moment, and he is a perfect replacement for when Barry finishes.

I honestly dont think hes ever going to be fully fit. His record states 35 pl games in 2 full seasons, god knows how many of those are off the bench. Shame,hes one of my favorite playerx in blue.

I wouldn't say he's failed Matt far from it I'd say he was one of Stokes better players whilst there

still not saying much. Granted, I've not watched him since left so I shouldn't be so dismissive, but I did see him at Stoke and Blackburn and was far from impressed

still not saying much. Granted, I've not watched him since left so I shouldn't be so dismissive, but I did see him at Stoke and Blackburn and was far from impressed

He was a key player at both clubs. I follow Stoke closely with 2 of my closest friends being season ticket holders - they rate him very highly as do I.

he was a key player in poor squads though. We'll see what happens though :)

It's another Gueye type situation - very good player in an average/poor side so won't necessarily get the credit they deserve. Though he's shown his quality as a key player in a very successful Sevilla team. All speculation anyway so as you say we'll see.

On Besic... I'd love him to succeed here and, on paper, he should be perfect to fill Barry's boots but in reality he's done very little to show he's got the quality to do so and his injury record is becoming a little worrying. I would like to see a fully fit Besic given a chance along Gana to take some of the workload off Barry.

Was never on my radar. Doesn't mean he's poor. One of those players who can skip the attention of the world whilst doing a great job for the team. We've had them over the years.

Carsley, pienaar, arreta etc

if he could recreate the after Carsley made, I'd be extatic

I've always rated N'Zonzi -- good age to contribute long term and has Premier League experience -- definitely one of Stoke's better players during his time there.

20mil seems a bit steep, but I can't tell what a good price is anymore after securing Gana and then seeing other players go for exorbitant fees.

i agree, he's been great for Sevilla, was good for Stoke. he was stoke's player of the year in 2014-2015. Monchi is one of the best in the biz at evaluating talent which says a lot about him at sevilla. 27 and in the prime of his career, 20m is fair in this market. would be great as the barry replacement.

He's never been given a chance.

Besic has been given chances. He's never come in and shown that he's a better all-around player than Barry or even McCarthy (though, I'll admit, that one is up for debate). He's not close to Gana in terms of composure, though he is a talented player. Anyhow, he's always injured. He's not become smarter, stronger, more skilled, more reliable, a better passer, nothing, since he's been here. He's shown glimpses of promise, but he's never really done anything of note, as far as I can remember. Why should we remember Besic when he hasn't shown how he will be the future, let alone that he even could be the future? The club can't wait for him to get healthy, stay healthy, and come into his own as a player.

I hear what some people are saying but I'm not sure he plays in the right position when he does play, I know he's very versatile and he always looks better when he's played further up.

Think he could easily play further forward in Barkley's 10 position. What you will get is mobility for the high pressing game, he can pick out a forward pass, and can put in a good tackle, none of which are there at the moment.

Can't wait for him to be fit cos I see him as a Koeman type of player and I'm sure if given the chance he will not disappoint.

Edited by Bill