Sign in to follow this  
4evablu

Gerard Deulofeu

Not sure how much this would help us - very young so not likely to feature that much in the first team. Not exactely building for the future if he goes back to Barca in 12 months time. Would rather a permeanent transfer for this type of youngster, at least then if he cuts the mustrad we would be on a winner. OK if we end up really short on numbers, but almost better trying our own youth players out.

Maybe with a buy option like we had with Pineer and Arteta, but doubt thats what Barca want.

Looks good in the youtube vid but don't they all! We would be more likely than Spurs as the article states more chance of first team here. Depends what they might want as a loan fee/wage contribution and whether we can get an option to buy

He's supposed to be the best player from Barcelona's academy for some time. He's doing well in the U20 World Cup too. I would gladly have him on loan, don't think it's gonna happen though.

Btw, I also wouldn't mind a move for Denis Suarez, he was really good in Spain's last game. Plays for Manchester City, but he's 19 now and might want to move to a club where he will have a chance of getting game time.

Barca only want to loan, but not sell. I saw in one of the papers that 'Deulo' would prefer Everton over Spurs as Martinez is a fellow Catalonian. I don't know whether that's genuine or nonsense, but it's interesting.

It's food for thought too, whenever Scots were linked under David Moyes I was fairly confident they would come. If we are linked with Spaniards, Central Americans and South Americans (Brazil excluded) they might prefer to come to Everton for the Hispanic factor. Bryan Oviedo said he was excited to work with Martinez.

It may just be the Spanish press copying the Mirror article

@FourthOfficial_: Reports coming out of Spain that Everton are close to signing Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu on a season long loan

You probably can't tell, but I'm doing the Bill and Ted air guitar right now.

@FourthOfficial_: Reports coming out of Spain that Everton are close to signing Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu on a season long loan

Lets hope they didn't copy the Mail or Mirror.

Do we need a 19 year old from Barca?

He's supposed to be their biggest talent in years. If he has a similar impact as Lukaku had for WBA last year, I'd gladly have him on loan.

Potential to be incredible.

A little 'selfish' as a player (for my liking) but, if he has a positive impact like Steve's mentioned, im all for it.

FourthOfficial is pretty good when it comes to news and Everton. I can see it happening.

Yes we do need him anything is better than seeing Naismith or osman on the wing. Also this guy is like shit hot, he's the next big thing out of Barcelona. Also is it not good for all parties? We get an awesome player he plays and ruins defences he progresses goes back to Barcelona stronger. Then our relations with Barcelona improve as a result of this loan deal if it is a success. Which could mean we get unwanted Barcelona players in the future or take players who want first team football off of their hands?

Dont really like to train other teams youngsters but a loan can be a great way to add strength without breaking the kitty. This guy looks really useful. Him, Kone, Jelavic an Ani look like a good forward line up for the season.

Hope it happens

The BBC have us as going into battle with Spurs over him.

I would rather just try and sign him on loan than start a war. Spurs have got a bigger squad than us and although we're obviously much harder than Spurs, extra numbers can sometimes swing it in a battle.

YES YES YES. THIS is the kind of move we need. Someone with gamebreaking potential. Obviously he is very young but he is super talented and I'm pretty confident capable of making a difference for us; he's been tearing up the U-20 World Cup this summer. He's been touted as the best talent to come out of Barca's ranks since Messi. And it's easy to see why.

Also pretty comforting, especially with the brand new regime in charge, to see that Barcelona trusts Everton with one of their most prized possessions. I like this move a lot, even though we only get him for a year obviously.

The BBC have us as going into battle with Spurs over him.

I would rather just try and sign him on loan than start a war. Spurs have got a bigger squad than us and although we're obviously much harder than Spurs, extra numbers can sometimes swing it in a battle.

If it's down to Everton vs. Spurs, I'd hope the Catalan connection will bring him to Goodison.

I will be very happy if he joins, even if we have no hope of keeping him at the end of the season. Will be a great option to have on the bench. Damn it, what is it with so many players joining/on the verge of joining us? I'm not used to this.

I will be very happy if he joins, even if we have no hope of keeping him at the end of the season. Will be a great option to have on the bench. Damn it, what is it with so many players joining/on the verge of joining us? I'm not used to this.

David Moyes has moved on.

If he says it's happening then it's pretty nailed on.

I'm not sure how much game time he'll actually get though?

If he says it's happening then it's pretty nailed on.

I'm not sure how much game time he'll actually get though?

He's 19, that's not that young. He's also supposed to be the bee's knees. He's got a full season of Segunda Division experience, he basically set that league alight with 18 goals. I think people would be pretty happy if we got a 19-year-old winger who scored 18 goals in the Championship, heck people were excited when we were linked to one that scored 2 championship goals. He's also a right winger, unlike Mirallas and Pienaar. I can see him being next season's Lukaku so to speak.

He's 19, that's not that young. He's also supposed to be the bee's knees. He's got a full season of Segunda Division experience, he basically set that league alight with 18 goals. I think people would be pretty happy if we got a 19-year-old winger who scored 18 goals in the Championship, heck people were excited when we were linked to one that scored 2 championship goals. He's also a right winger, unlike Mirallas and Pienaar. I can see him being next season's Lukaku so to speak.

I wasn't thinking he was too young.

So you reckon he'd get plenty of games? In place of Pienaar perhaps with Mirallas on the left?

I'd be happy with Deulofeu. Martinez will probably get bashed for signing him though as Deulofeu was probably spotted in Wigan a few years ago having a pint and it's somehow 'another Wigan signing'.

I'd like to see:

759843_Everton.jpg

If this lad is as good as people are saying then I would love that to be our starting line-up!

Could you imagine the quality of the link up play between Baines, Pienaar, Mirallas and Kone!

I like the idea of him joining but don't like the idea of there being no buying fee clause.

Louis, he's one of Barca's hottest young talent's.Even with a buy out fee, it's not like we could ever afford him anyway imo.

I hope he's fantastic. Mate of mine, who is a proper football synic and as hard as punch to please, said this, after I said Barca think he's the 'shit';

"He is. I heard about him a few years ago and I don't exactly follow their youth teams! He's been talked about that much. I hope he gets good game time so we can see him in action"

Looks absolutely class. Is he a right winger? We could have some real quality on the break next season with Mirallas, Kone and this guy. Plus Bobbys tactic. Feeling optimistic as this rumor seems to be becoming more and more talked about! Lets not forget what happend with the Fer situation though. COYB!

The free kick, scoring a corner, goal 7 the penalty he strikes with no follow through but plenty of power. I don't care if this kid is on the wing, up front or a midfielder with freedom, he needs to be playing for Everton.

I watched the USA vs Spain U-20 game and, while it was a one game sample size, it looked like he was kind of playing the Messi role of "you're so good that you can just go wherever the hell you want." Half of his runs were down the left flank and half were down the right. And then sometimes he would try to penetrate the middle. Obviously you can't have him running around aimlessly but I think he can be utilized in a whole number of ways.

Watching that video has made me slightly dizzy at the prospect of seing him in the Everton shirt.

Is he a winger or a striker? (mainly)

Is it a buy or a loan on the table?

Seems to like both the left and the right but favours the right?

Just imagine:

...................Joel.......................

Coleman..Jags...Distin..Baines

......Fellaini...Gibbo...Pienaar

......Deulofeu..Kone...Mirallas

Backups:

Howard, Alcaraz, Oviedo, Osman, Barkley, Jelavic, Stones, Heitinga, Anichebe, Hibbo,

Some real pace and flair in the starting 11, Baines, Pienaar and Mirallas linking up well on the left. Coleman bombing down the right with Felli and Deulofeu. Gibbo spreading the ball through the middle, latching on to Kone or Jelavic. Back 4 intact.

COYB!