IGNORED

Gareth Barry

Congrats hafnia - will you be buying signed David Moyes photo as a birth present for baby, non?

Part of me would like to have kids but looking at the absolute state of my spunk I get the feeling I'm shooting more blanks than Diego Forlan during his Man United days. Apologies for the vulgarity to any women who may read this.

I have a niece who is season ticket holder, been a toffee lady, the lot... Boy or girl they are gonna be "chosen to be an Evertonian".

A funny story I have sorry Romey...

My cousins are all big reds, all 3 brothers. Their sisters lad was being bought Liverpool shirts the lot... Until he went to nursery, one of the girls who worked there indoctrinated the child - basically told him blue is the colour - Everton etc etc.. he is like a pariah on match days now... Pure bitter blue, how ace.

No going for total surprise, a happy healthy baby is all I want. Must admit I'm very much eager to know... You have all these "ah football, golf, scalectrix" then "dolls, being a daddies girl, football, golf" ha ha.

Most important thing too :) I couldnt do it (plus wife doesnt want to) because I like to plan :lol:

Edited by Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I think he'll stay personally.

Family settled in the North West (I even drive past his house ;)), likes the club, likes the manager, seeing out the end of your career, you're happy to be playing and ultimately he'll get game time.

I hope so, just hope he doesnt expect 125k a week wages going forward...

What more could he want at this stage of his career than Everton? He will get more games than for any other team at the top end of the table, he will get decent money (maybe £50k) - but if thats his motivation after near 15 years of earning a fortune over getting enjoyment out of playing then so be it...

He is known for havin a very effective means of avoiding income tax so he will be financially mega rich. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/223563/Football-stars-save-millions-by-cashing-in-on-tax-loophole

More than anything I want him to want to be a part of something big that is happening, he has been a massive part of our season - crackin pro.

I know Roberto agreed to talk about a new deal in the summer but I still dont get why they cant do it now if all parties are so happy

Just speculation on my part but it might depend on champions league qualification? More in terms of his wages I mean. That might be something him and Roberto have discussed in private but aren't making public. I guess from Barry's point of view it will be the final contract of his career probably, and he might think he's a champions league level player? Let's hope it's with Everton :)

That's a brilliant interview, love it! Seriously needs to go the World Cup ahead of Carrick, big injustice if he doesn't based on current form. And for Cleverly to go ahead of Barry would just be ludicrous

Loved the bit where he talked about his first appearance against Chelsea (and reminded me of that amazing block he had). My City friends have proven to be right as they told me that Barry would be a great signing for us and would be an engine in the midfield.

And once again, another story where RM talks to a player and they instantly fall in love with him. Maybe I should nominate him to be our keynote speaker for our college graduation next year ;)

Loved the bit where he talked about his first appearance against Chelsea (and reminded me of that amazing block he had). My City friends have proven to be right as they told me that Barry would be a great signing for us and would be an engine in the midfield.

And once again, another story where RM talks to a player and they instantly fall in love with him. Maybe I should nominate him to be our keynote speaker for our college graduation next year ;)

Im still in the dog house for coming home pissed at stupid O'clock this morning, I wonder if Roberto would have a word with the Mrs for me?