IGNORED

Gareth Barry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We can't keep relying on loans to get us through each season anymore.... Although I am a firm believer of loan moves due to any good loan move for a player coming to Everton, resulting in more likely moves for other future prospects joining everton....This is something we cannot rely on.... BK needs to find some investment, and soon...I understand it needs to be the right investment for the good of the club but while incomings are outweighing outgoings, we need to start to build a perminant team and not a season team.

We can't keep relying on loans to get us through each season anymore.... Although I am a firm believer of loan moves due to any good loan move for a player coming to Everton, resulting in more likely moves for other future prospects joining everton....This is something we cannot rely on.... BK needs to find some investment, and soon...I understand it needs to be the right investment for the good of the club but while incomings are outweighing outgoings, we need to start to build a perminant team and not a season team.

he will be available for free come the end of the season, so could be a permanent part of the team. Completely agree with the rest. Though loan deals peppering the squad also has it's benefits, it should not be relied on for our future.

From what I've been told he was planning on going to play his twilight years in the MLS but he has been so impressed with EFC and the training facilities that he may delay that if a more permanent offer from us comes around.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gareth-barry-delighted-everton-fc-6186127

I hold my hands up to being wrong about him signing for us. I couldn't be happier about it though, because the influence he's been able to provide has been invaluable, and I hope Martinez has got his eye on a younger player in the same mould (even if he signs permanently in the summer, because he is 32 now after all).

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gareth-barry-delighted-everton-fc-6186127

I hold my hands up to being wrong about him signing for us. I couldn't be happier about it though, because the influence he's been able to provide has been invaluable, and I hope Martinez has got his eye on a younger player in the same mould (even if he signs permanently in the summer, because he is 32 now after all).

“It’s another big game for us this Saturday but I keep saying there is no game more important than any other.

Seems Distin and I are on the same page :D

Fair play to ya. We all get it wrong from time to time and in fairness despite him being one of the most prevalent premier league players of the past 14 years I knew very little of his attributes in a team of worldies at city...

I just thought I would keep my powder dry and trust that he wasn't a complete write off based on him being ever present in a league winning team. Besides could we do worse than Neville. Fact is he is far better, his first touch is exceptional, he can cushion a ball fired at him towards a team mate. For me he offers a better defensive shield than Fellaini, he just lacks felli's stand out nature.

Players like Barry, McCarthy, Carsley, Lucas, carrick etc are a difficult breed to evaluate. Do the donkey work and keep things simple. Look forward to seeing him partner McCarthy on Saturday.

Edited by Hafnia

I knew this guy would prove to be a waste of space. Thoughtlessly tries to get himself sent off TWICE and plays silly fuckers with a goal-bound shot when he was clearly in an offside position. Liability! One decent tackle he's made all season and that was against a guy who is likely older than he is.

As he used to play for Villa can't we ask the FA to exclude him from next weekend's game, too, like City?

I knew this guy would prove to be a waste of space. Thoughtlessly tries to get himself sent off TWICE and plays silly fuckers with a goal-bound shot when he was clearly in an offside position. Liability! One decent tackle he's made all season and that was against a guy who is likely older than he is.

As he used to play for Villa can't we ask the FA to exclude him from next weekend's game, too, like City?

does this need the sarcasm font?

His influence on McCarthy and Barkley will be great for us. If we can get him on a short term contract for another year or two i'll be happy. The main thing I liked Neville for was his professionalism and his work ethic, which was a great example for the young players to follow. For me Barry has stepped straight into them shoes.

His influence on McCarthy and Barkley will be great for us. If we can get him on a short term contract for another year or two i'll be happy. The main thing I liked Neville for was his professionalism and his work ethic, which was a great example for the young players to follow. For me Barry has stepped straight into them shoes.

and put them on the correct feet meaning he can actually pass the ball....

Barry is definitely going to sign a contract after his loan runs out. Roberto has already stated Barry can play to his mid to late thirties due to his game has never been about speed or turn of pace and can play that role easily.

• 1 month later...

we have got to sign him, no doubt the likes of Newcastle, Liverpool and dare I say United may try and gazzump us... He is exactly what they need, hopefully he has seen what Everton is all about and decides to go with his heart rather than follow the £££. I'm pretty certain he doesn't need the £100k a week that those clubs will try and offer him.

For me he is still an £8m asset that will cost nothing. More importantly the likes of Barkley and McCarthy will take great benefit from his mentorship.