IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

I don't think progress can be measured purely by cups and league titles, if we are honest.

Portsmouth won the FA Cup, where did they end up? Wigan won the FA Cup, where did they end up?

I'm not sure about this progress argument really. And as I said earlier, it's been done to death in another thread.

You know what , first time I ever read this board there was a thread. ( can 't remember which one) where someone said that and was called a racist . It was clearly tongue in cheek like but when I wrote it that thread crossed my mind !! : lol:

Haha...It was me who wrote it in one of my many 'keyboard warrior' run ins with Cotto. Makes me laugh when I think back to some of the ranting in here!!!

Great entertainment...but not at the time.

WE SIGNED SOMEONE, they hired a new sales person at Everton One. Worked every day last year, and converted from an arsenal fan to Everton. Transfer fee was on a free.

making moves

Get in there! Come on boys, all together now...

I'm Everton till i die...Everton till i die...I know I am, I'm sure I am...Everton till I die!

Wonder if that's who sorted the socks out? Oh, any good up front too?!!!

It's a worry that after the game last night Martinez said we're looking to bring in three players this summer. With one of those being this young Belgian it's a bit of a come down from the 7 or so he said we needed.

I don't think there is any money mate, I really don't .

It's a worry that after the game last night Martinez said we're looking to bring in three players this summer. With one of those being this young Belgian it's a bit of a come down from the 7 or so he said we needed.

Really? Honestly for all the good he's done on the pitch he doesn't half ramble some encrypted shite at time. He's gone from 7 to 4 to 3 in the space of 2 weeks.

The Belgian lad is to go straight into the under 21's

Really? Honestly for all the good he's done on the pitch he doesn't half ramble some encrypted shite at time. He's gone from 7 to 4 to 3 in the space of 2 weeks.

The Belgian lad is to go straight into the under 21's

I agree with you. I'm probably gonna rock the boat here like but I'm not 100% convinced about Martinez. He talks the talk, says right things and seems Everton through and through but sometimes his tactics leave me scratching my head as does his team selection and his permanent transfer dealings so far do not fill me with much confidence. He played last season with mostly Moyes team and 2 really good and one decent loan signings. Kone, Robles and Alcaraz are shite and imo not good enough for Everton.

That being said, we had a great season so I don't want that to sound like I 'm being too harsh on him although I'm sure it will come across as I am but I'm reserving full judgement until he's had at least another 2 windows and at the very least another 2 seasons. I have a terrible feeling he may have a case of second season syndrome this season and it just keeps nagging away at the back of my mind. I hope though that this post can be necroed in the future and shoved up my arse but time will tell.

I've said it before but we should be looking at players over in Ukraine. Just read Shakhtar players Fred (not the old shit one), Douglas Costa, Alex Teixeira & Facundo Ferreyra won't go back there for now given all the shit that's going on. Don't blame them either their fuckin plane could get shot out the sky! The three Brazilian lads are class & neither they or the club are exactly in a position to play hardball. Get on it Bobby lad!

His attacking play has been a breath of fresh air. It really is fearless. I'm very happy with that. On the pitch everything is ok with me.

But, I'm also not convinced (yet) how good he is at spotting a bargain (Moyes was great at this).

Also, I've said this before. He's very robotic in everything he says. Every answer is the right answer. Sort of like there's an actor sitting infront of a camera. I actually can't watch the whole of his pre match press conferences. Always the same. Very little emotion.

If he is a pretender he'll come unstuck.

What people are forgetting is he took over a very good side. With solid foundations. Once the foundations start to crack, we will see the real Martinez.

His attacking play has been a breath of fresh air. It really is fearless. I'm very happy with that. On the pitch everything is ok with me.

But, I'm also not convinced (yet) how good he is at spotting a bargain (Moyes was great at this).

Also, I've said this before. He's very robotic in everything he says. Every answer is the right answer. Sort of like there's an actor sitting infront of a camera. I actually can't watch the whole of his pre match press conferences. Always the same. Very little emotion.

If he is a pretender he'll come unstuck.

What people are forgetting is he took over a very good side. With solid foundations. Once the foundations start to crack, we will see the real Martinez.

The last paragraph in that post is exactly my point. Time will tell and one things for sure , I'll be backing him a million percent.

so all the good vibes coming from the players about Martinez is shite then.

Because they all seem to praise the style of play and training provided.

I don't think he meant it like that to be fair Patto. I think he's just saying the jury is still out on Martinez from where he 's sitting . Nobody can deny the air of positivity he has breathed into the club it's been a breath of fresh air and that 's why I said it's mostly with Moyes side. Love him or hate him Moyes had built a very good side but had arguably gone stale so lets see where we are once the side is predominantly Martinez.

so all the good vibes coming from the players about Martinez is shite then.

Because they all seem to praise the style of play and training provided.

Try reading the first paragraph. No problem with anything on the pitch.

I just don't find him enjoyable to listen too. All the "soft tissue" injury malarkey. It makes it sound like the injuries aren't bad.... The players are then out for weeks.

Edited by MiguelCotto

On the Martinez second season stuff...don't forget Moyes yo - yo'd positions too. It wasn't always high and flying. I don't think we'll drop away this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped 1 or 2 places, nor would it surprise me if we climbed a place. We are firmly in that bracket.

Transfer wise... I also hope it isn't just 3 in as that isn't enough. Unless he sees more in these youngsters than we do (surely not possible?!)

Try reading the first paragraph. No problem with anything on the pitch.

I just don't find him enjoyable to listen too. All the "soft tissue" injury malarkey. It makes it sound like the injuries aren't bad.... The players are then out for weeks.

But at least, as a physio himself, he knows what he's talking about.