IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

They don't air press conferences at all as a rule. So surely it's something big.

Barkley/Stones both new contracts possibly, but they wouldn't normally go live for that sort of thing. Intriguing; hope it's not a let down.

theyve aired all press conferences live last season

theyve aired all press conferences live last season

Really?

I've never seen anything like today before though, we didn't have a press conference when Baines signed a contract last year, and we didn't have one when Seamus signed last month.

Really?

I've never seen anything like today before though, we didn't have a press conference when Baines signed a contract last year, and we didn't have one when Seamus signed last month.

missed the pre match comment before mate. I'm sure there were other conferences throughout the season, need to look at the Martinez Interview thread

Can't find this posted, so hope I'm not repeating. Here's a blogger who recommends confidence in Martinez as a manager who "is not one for dithering," who "has his cash ready and waiting," and who "acts quickly and with quality."

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2014/07/robertos-train-wont-call-at-the-panic-station/

Should you feel so frustrated as to contemplate shooting a messenger, please aim at the blogger rather than at me, as I am innocent, and an innocent.

Like most Americans ........

Really?

I thought the same Mike

It's great news for the club and supporters alike but I found it strange to hold a press conference for a new deal when as said it didn't happen with the likes of Baines and Coleman

I just hope this isn't the old chestnut of "it's like another signing" and Kenwright and co trying to mask a poor transfer window, a premature thought I know.....

My thoughts. exacly. Kenwright's way of defending himself when we'll be glued to the tv on August 31st having barely spent a penny, again. "What our fans need to remember is we gave Ross a new 4 year contract as well as Coleman. That's effectively like 2 new signings."

Bollocks!

I've had enough of this nonsense every bloody transfer window where no matter where we seem to finish, we still have no money. Yet again, the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs all spend millions. Lets remember these are clubs we compete with every season yet somehow when it comes to signings we're doing nothing, sod all compared to the others who have ambition to go places by investing in new players. I know spending doesn't always work out as it should i.e Spurs last season but in today's game you have to of you want to keep up. If Kenwright doesn't see that then he's dumber than I thought. If he does, and keeps our club living on pittens every summer, then he's just selfish. He should walk away if he has the same ambition as us fans. Unfortunately, I don't think he has.

Edited by Geth

My thoughts. exacly. Kenwright's way of defending himself when we'll be glued to the tv on August 31st having barely spent a penny, again. "What our fans need to remember is we gave Ross a new 4 year contract as well as Coleman. That's effectively like 2 new signings."

Bollocks!

I've had enough of this nonsense every bloody transfer window where no matter where we seem to finish, we still have no money. Yet again, the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs all spend millions. Lets remember these are clubs we compete with every season yet somehow when it comes to signings we're doing nothing, sod all compared to the others who have ambition to go places by investing in new players. I know spending doesn't always work out as it should i.e Spurs last season but in today's game you have to of you want to keep up. If Kenwright doesn't see that then he's dumber than I thought. If he does, and keeps our club living on pittens every summer, then he's just selfish. He should walk away if he has the same ambition as us fans. Unfortunately, I don't think he has.

The first lad to speak any sense on this fucking forum. Your wasting your time though pal. If you need to be appreciated on this forum or even just listened to, you need to give the big love in for big bill cause he's one of us, a true blue, such a nice guy. A nice guy that has seen fellaini sold for £28mil and tv money. Shit I've said too much.

Sorry everyone, I love bill I really do, he's really steadying the ship.

Geth, Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Chelsea, City and even Spurs are all cash rich. They all have owners with a few quid, and healthy commercial deals that put them quite a way ahead of us in terms of what they can afford. If we only had Spurs finances we would be challenging I'm sure.

Geth, Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Chelsea, City and even Spurs are all cash rich. They all have owners with a few quid, and healthy commercial deals that put them quite a way ahead of us in terms of what they can afford. If we only had Spurs finances we would be challenging I'm sure.

Yrs, it's just that buyer he carefully in the process of looking for. Have you ever noticed that whenever fans become disappointed and start to air there grievances, there becomes a story of a possible take over, and when the dust settles nothing much materialises.

We should have a fair whack from last summers dealing, plus a decent amount from finishing 5th & the increased tv revenue to invest this summer. Bit early to be panicking at the moment but if we don't bring a fair few decent players in I'll be livid. Bit worried personally at how Bob said we needed 6-7 new faces at the start of the summer & now it's 2-3.

Yes I know they all have owners who are cash rich and we haven't but it's reached the stage where we ain't even looking. In fact, have we really ever looked for new investment? I guess it's only Bill that knows but I'm not too sure he has deep down. Yes he's an Evertonian, who has the best interest of the club, but so am I, and eveyone else on this forum. He's got us two good managers, and he deserves praise for that, but he's never ever injected money into our club. Not necassarily because he doesn't want to, but because he can't and that's why he should say I want Everton to compete and move on to the next level so I'll leave. But he hasn't left. It's been like this for nearly 15 years and longer and he's still here. He's getting away with murder. And that big announcement yesterday was a bloody farce. Great news, I'm chuffed but it just seems like Bill's way of buying more time for himself. "Announce this now so I'll get a bit of restbite until the end of August".

Yes I know they all have owners who are cash rich and we haven't but it's reached the stage where we ain't even looking. In fact, have we really ever looked for new investment? I guess it's only Bill that knows but I'm not too sure he has deep down. Yes he's an Evertonian, who has the best interest of the club, but so am I, and eveyone else on this forum. He's got us two good managers, and he deserves praise for that, but he's never ever injected money into our club. Not necassarily because he doesn't want to, but because he can't and that's why he should say I want Everton to compete and move on to the next level so I'll leave. But he hasn't left. It's been like this for nearly 15 years and longer and he's still here. He's getting away with murder. And that big announcement yesterday was a bloody farce. Great news, I'm chuffed but it just seems like Bill's way of buying more time for himself. "Announce this now so I'll get a bit of restbite until the end of August".

I agree mate, he never says he wants a buyer, just an invester. He wants someone to give him millions to spend on the club, and he'll still be the main man. Then when he is asked publicly about selling, its been a while though, he seems to put a negative spin on things, like "its the best club in the world with the best fans, but we need a new stadium and that will cost £250m and then some money for players so another £100m so we really need someone with billions to spare because millions isnt enough". (obvious exageration) its like hes trying to talk buyers out of it for me. But that could just be me being sceptical.

Also, takeover rumours normally start around season ticket sales time. Didnt need to do it this year after the positivity of last year.

one more thing, if Alan Meyers was still around, would this transfer window have been the same, publicly i mean, and would the press conference have been the same yesterday? No one has mentioned the communications directors input into what happened yesterday.

What you on about man?

I think he's trying to make a prediction. If he does sign Moysey here will only ruin him anyway by playing him down the channels ;)

It's another poster from GOT, trying to play funny buggers....

Ex-ITK DAVIDMOYES has popped up on another forum saying this will be announced this week.

southcoastblue, Yesterday at 10:40 PM

ReputationReport

Mate, that's just me winding people up on that forum.

Moomin, Yesterday at 10:46 PM

ReputationReport

Guest blueboy122

Yes I am happy we are getting him. Not for the reported fee however and also is that basically us all done now for the summer because in my opinion we still need another 4/5 QUALITY players to take us to that next stage.