IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

great summer so far. Barry, Besic, Lukaku, Sam Byrne, Henen. Hopefully we get that Galloway lad, another winger to sign or loan and were in.

We need some freebies just to bulk up the squad. I wouldn't mind signing one or two players similar to Alcaraz just in-case we get bombarded with injuries. We're going to be fighting in both the Europa League & the Premier League so it'd be nice to have some players available for the FA & Capital One Cup for when everyone's tired.

We need some freebies just to bulk up the squad. I wouldn't mind signing one or two players similar to Alcaraz just in-case we get bombarded with injuries. We're going to be fighting in both the Europa League & the Premier League so it'd be nice to have some players available for the FA & Capital One Cup for when everyone's tired.

The good thing is that the Lukaku signing was really the only move left that ABSOLUTELY HAD TO be made ASAP. The squad is strong enough that Martinez can wait until the final days of the transfer window if he wants. I imagine we're going to add another winger and maybe a CB.

Trying to work some maths out here...

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=942&comp_id=1&teamTabs=transfers

2013/2014 Players out:

PLAYER TO FEE DATE Jake Bidwell Brentford Signed 17 Jun, 2013 Jasper Johns Sheff Utd Free 25 Jun, 2013 Jan Mucha Kryliya Sovetov Signed 17 Aug, 2013 Victor Anichebe West Brom £6,000,000 02 Sep, 2013 Marouane Fellaini Man Utd £27,500,000 02 Sep, 2013 Nikica Jelavic Hull £6,500,000 15 Jan, 2014 Johnny Heitinga Fulham Free 31 Jan, 2014

Total: £40,000,000

Players in:

PLAYER FROM FEE DATE Arouna Kone Wigan £6,000,000 08 Jul, 2013 Antolin Alcaraz Wigan Free 09 Jul, 2013 Joel Robles Atl Madrid £2,000,000 09 Jul, 2013 James McCarthy Wigan £13,000,000 02 Sep, 2013 Aiden McGeady Spartak Moscow Signed 11 Jan, 2014 Jindrich Stanek Sparta Prague Signed 31 Jan, 2014

Total: £21,000,000

Then there was the 5m fee for Lukaku plus something for Gerry and around 2.5m for Barry transfer fee. Lets argue around 10m not inculding wages and McGeady for 1m and the 1m planned for Henen... Thats 7m left over.

Then add the additional 33m we earned from TV last season:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/05/14/where-the-money-went-liverpool-top-premier-league-prize-cash-in-2013-14-140501/

So... I admit this is all very rough figures and I doubt all the new TV money is going to be available for player purchases (I'm saying it is here for the sake of it), but we should be left with 40m in additional income.

Take the 32m we're talking about for Rom and Besic (I've already counted Barrys signing fee) and we have 8m left over. I'd be amazed if thats the case mind you.

The other major concern was wages. However, the massive hike in wages seem to be covered by the players we've sold: For Barkley (takes over Heitingas wage so no real increase), Baines (takes over Fellis wages, no additional wages), and I imagine Martinez (taking some of Moyes wage). Not sure for Coleman and McCarthy, though Mucha (who was on a lot if I remember correctly, like 45k!) and Vic between should cover the additional fees there. Only the new boys which are are additional costs, which run around 10m extra a year in wages (guessing at Besics wage mind you)

Anyway, all this points to us having enough for a few loans or another bargain signing plus loan or another decent player.

Edited by Matt

alright fellas, what's the next steps in your eyes?

for me the only certain thing we must have is a winger. pienaar, mcgeady, mirallas is all we have (maybe oviedo?) right now. mirallas is a definite starter, and between pienaar and mcgeady they'll each have some good looks, i'm thinking we get either a loan player or a young winger for cheap to rotate in. we do need some new blood there. mirallas and mcgeady play both sides, stevie is just left really. so another lefty or both sides winger would be nice.

other possible needs via loan or cheap signing would be another striker and attacking midfielder (guessing it will be ross and ossie there).

Trying to work some maths out here...

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=942&comp_id=1&teamTabs=transfers

2013/2014 Players out:

PLAYER TO FEE DATE Jake Bidwell Brentford Signed 17 Jun, 2013 Jasper Johns Sheff Utd Free 25 Jun, 2013 Jan Mucha Kryliya Sovetov Signed 17 Aug, 2013 Victor Anichebe West Brom £6,000,000 02 Sep, 2013 Marouane Fellaini Man Utd £27,500,000 02 Sep, 2013 Nikica Jelavic Hull £6,500,000 15 Jan, 2014 Johnny Heitinga Fulham Free 31 Jan, 2014

Total: £40,000,000

Players in:

PLAYER FROM FEE DATE Arouna Kone Wigan £6,000,000 08 Jul, 2013 Antolin Alcaraz Wigan Free 09 Jul, 2013 Joel Robles Atl Madrid £2,000,000 09 Jul, 2013 James McCarthy Wigan £13,000,000 02 Sep, 2013 Aiden McGeady Spartak Moscow Signed 11 Jan, 2014 Jindrich Stanek Sparta Prague Signed 31 Jan, 2014

Total: £21,000,000

Then there was the 5m fee for Lukaku plus something for Gerry and around 2.5m for Barry transfer fee. Lets argue around 10m not inculding wages and McGeady for 1m and the 1m planned for Henen... Thats 7m left over.

Then add the additional 33m we earned from TV last season:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/05/14/where-the-money-went-liverpool-top-premier-league-prize-cash-in-2013-14-140501/

So... I admit this is all very rough figures and I doubt all the new TV money is going to be available for player purchases (I'm saying it is here for the sake of it), but we should be left with 40m in additional income.

Take the 32m we're talking about for Rom and Besic (I've already counted Barrys signing fee) and we have 8m left over. I'd be amazed if thats the case mind you.

The other major concern was wages. However, the massive hike in wages seem to be covered by the players we've sold: For Barkley (takes over Heitingas wage so no real increase), Baines (takes over Fellis wages, no additional wages), and I imagine Martinez (taking some of Moyes wage). Not sure for Coleman and McCarthy, though Mucha (who was on a lot if I remember correctly, like 45k!) and Vic between should cover the additional fees there. Only the new boys which are are additional costs, which run around 10m extra a year in wages (guessing at Besics wage mind you)

Anyway, all this points to us having enough for a few loans or another bargain signing plus loan or another decent player.

Everton do it the right way again then eh?

What an example to other clubs we really are if you think about it.

Makes me feel sort of proud of being a bluenose really.

(Wipes a symbolic tear from a misty eye)

Matt pretty sure that is a stoned faced smiley.... but love the sentiment. Total statement today was watching a evertontv archive earlier today. ...straqualisie and drenthe playing...moyes and uninspiring football.Things are changing fellow blues, more excited than anytime I can remember. The school of science is back youth and exciting prospects through the middle of the team, exciting manager, exciting football....exciting times!! Been on a impromptu lukaku celebration night, gonna pay for it in the morning!! Well worth it though a great time to be a blue.....COYB

In an interview with Bobby on the official site, the interviewer repeats his statement from earlier in the week that he wanted three more attack-minded players and he asks him whether that it's now one down, two to go. Martinez said yes, we are going to strengthen two more positions.

Wonder whether we could get Wilfried Zaha on loan? If he impresses he could be our big signing next year!

Would love Atsu, but we better hurry because it seems Sunderland are chasing him.

Greg O'Keeffe said Henen and Galloway are still on the verge of being completed btw. And he suggests Christian Atsu might be our next first-team target.

Love the 2 young lads, and Atsu would be great. I'm not worried about Sunderland. You think he wants to play for a nearly relegated team? Or Europa league challenging top 4 side? Plus he's seen how RM has been with Lukaku and Gerry on loans.

I wouldn't be massively shocked if Atsu is a piece of Martinez misdirection. Defo something on the boil, but obviously all other transfers where pretty much dependant on what happened with Lukaku.

Would like to see Gerry come back, when he realises he's not really going to play much at Barca.

Greg O'Keeffe said Henen and Galloway are still on the verge of being completed btw. And he suggests Christian Atsu might be our next first-team target.

Two hours before Lukaku signed for us O'Keeffe also said he expected Lukaku to be heading back to training at Chelsea on that plane... he knows next to nothing even though he's the Everton writer for the Echo.

After the Lukaku money how much do we realistically think is available? I'd like to see us strenghten up CB, with a return for Dier. Possibly adding Holtby on loan or a knock down fee if he's available for it. Another winger or two and a CF. I'd also take Rodwell back on loan in a heartbeat.

After the Lukaku money how much do we realistically think is available? I'd like to see us strenghten up CB, with a return for Dier. Possibly adding Holtby on loan or a knock down fee if he's available for it. Another winger or two and a CF. I'd also take Rodwell back on loan in a heartbeat.

More than we think.

Two hours before Lukaku signed for us O'Keeffe also said he expected Lukaku to be heading back to training at Chelsea on that plane... he knows next to nothing even though he's the Everton writer for the Echo.

Can't help but think he did know something, but was told to misdirect. Players at the club knew for months apparently.

I personally think we are OK at CB for one more season with the likes of Jags, Distin, Stones, Alcaraz and Duffy. However I do agree with Dier. If what Spurs are reportedly paying with 4 million then that would be a bargain.

Don't think Spurs would let Holtby go out on loan to another premier league rival. If we get Atsu from Chelsea and Traore I will be a lot happier, with Kone and Gibson becoming fit again looks like a totally different squad. Also Oviedo coming back from injury soon and he looked good on the left! :)

I think we'll make one other decent permanent signing (say £5m-£8m) and the rest will be loans - not including Galloway or Henen because they're more for the future.

In an interview with Bobby on the official site, the interviewer repeats his statement from earlier in the week that he wanted three more attack-minded players and he asks him whether that it's now one down, two to go. Martinez said yes, we are going to strengthen two more positions.

Wonder whether we could get Wilfried Zaha on loan? If he impresses he could be our big signing next year!

I would not want Zaha at Everton! Like I wouldn't want Ince anywhere near our squad. Zaha whinges and thinks he is better than he actually is, no thank you!

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26195-summer-transfer-window/?p=417256

I wouldn't bother going near GOT you give good solid info and get banned for it they the mods don't like you been in the no

You can milk the Lukaku one all you like; we'll see if you're "in the no" if you can repeat it.

Think you just got lucky personally ;).