Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Our full backs are among the best in the league.

Barkley is one f the best in the league.

We have one of the best centre backs pairings in the league.

We have the most prolific forward in the league

MC is right. It's not the individual players, it's the tactics. A little tweaking and we could see a big climb up the table.

Our fullbacks are nowhere near the best in the league. They may have been a couple years ago, but the spark is gone. They create/score very little these days and the defensive record speaks for itself.

No where near suggests there are many above him.

I can't think of one I would swap for.

Our fullbacks are nowhere near the best in the league. They may have been a couple years ago, but the spark is gone. They create/score very little these days and the defensive record speaks for itself.

Last season Baines created more chances than any other fullback.

Coleman is also a quality fullback, his defensive part of the game has improved so much, he is a top player.

I really rate Forster and as much as I rate Hart I'd say bar being at a glamour club he's not far off in terms of ability he'd cost a fortune though

I think Maksym Koval from Kiev would be a great buy very talented only 23 with room to improve and has been loaned out of late so could be surplus

MC is right. It's not the individual players, it's the tactics. A little tweaking and we could see a big climb up the table.

Martinez has always maintained that if you are not a big money club, you have to try different ways in order to challenge and win things, while our current position is disappointing and frustrating I don't think he's far off.

I think some fans would be happy just to finish 6-8 every year and be hard to beat.

I'm pretty confident if Martinez had gone to Munted instead of Moyes he would have challenged for the title.

Who would you have ahead of them?

Martinez has lost the dressing room he doesn't have long left...

Oh God has he?

I suppose that's it then. Has something happened or has just lost all confidence from them?

Is it a single person, group or all of them?

Suppose I will read it in the media over the next few days.

Oh God has he?

I suppose that's it then. Has something happened or has just lost all confidence from them?

Is it a single person, group or all of them?

Suppose I will read it in the media over the next few days.

It makes me wonder. It really does

I can't reveal my source due to job protection but the players have lost faith in him and have gone to the extent to say they 'hate' having him as a manager.

You could see that quite clearly last night.

I can't reveal my source due to job protection but the players have lost faith in him and have gone to the extent to say they 'hate' having him as a manager.

Interesting.

Although you have to accept we'd have to take this with a pinch of salt.

Would it surprise me? No.

What else did your source say?

I understand that you can't take my word for it and just that there is alot of tension in the dressing room... Players are beginning to clash with Martinez and due to his stubbornness he doesn't take their point of view into account... Mr Barry is a more public example of this due to him speaking out against Martinez's tactics.

Frank De Boer.

He is currently assessing his situation at Ajax. There is only so far you can go in that division.

A defender by trade he would certainly have the know how to stop the regular capitulations we have been plagued with.

Known to encourage youth development, is their a better club than Everton in the premier league to see young players flourish?

I think he would jump at the chance, oh and bring in Bergkamp as his number 2.

Emery and Favre would probably be my top two picks assuming Pellegrini gets an offer from a bigger club. Problem with Emery is he seems loyal to Seville.

pellegrini? No thanks what an awful shout

pellegrini? No thanks what an awful shout

Based on what? His time at Villareal where he did a fantastic job? So well, in fact, that Real Madrid signed him. There he got the highest point total the club has ever gotten, unfortunately for him Barca got even more. Then again, after being sacked by Real (principally because Mourinho was available, otherwise he would have stayed) he again did a good job at Malaga. Another club, another points-breaking season plus they did well in the Champion's League. Oh, and he also won the title and League Cup with City.

So if he's an awful shout then who the heck in this world is good enough? Or is your memory so short you can't remember past this season? Why do you think clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City who can pick any manager they want opted for Pellegrini?

Frank de Boer would be a good choice or Rudi Garcia who is currently out of work

I'm not too flustered with de Boer but Garcia is an interesting shout. I'm not quite sure his style would suit the Premier League, though.

Based on what? His time at Villareal where he did a fantastic job? So well, in fact, that Real Madrid signed him. There he got the highest point total the club has ever gotten, unfortunately for him Barca got even more. Then again, after being sacked by Real (principally because Mourinho was available, otherwise he would have stayed) he again did a good job at Malaga. Another club, another points-breaking season plus they did well in the Champion's League. Oh, and he also won the title and League Cup with City.

So if he's an awful shout then who the heck in this world is good enough? Or is your memory so short you can't remember past this season? Why do you think clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City who can pick any manager they want opted for Pellegrini?

I'm basing it on the basis of the basis that basisly he's basisly no good.

Like the idea of de Boer. Ajax youth set up is legendary, would love to see some of that nous go in to bringing more of our kids through.

Valverde at Athletic Bilbao - career win ratio of 45%, tons of European experience.

Vanhaezebrouck at Gent, worked wonders there.

I still think Eddie Howe would do a great job here, just can't see him leaving Bournemouth while they are still in the Prem.

Top of the list though - Favre. Took both Hertha and Monchengladbach into the top four in Germany, plays a fluent, pacey, counter-attacking style that would suit our squad down to the ground.

I'm basing it on the basis of the basis that basisly he's basisly no good.

So a manager has an average season and he turns shit? How many managers in the world are there who haven't had a poor season?

If he had had a great season City would not let him ho. But thsnks, you answered my question. You can't remember past this season.

Top of the list though - Favre. Took both Hertha and Monchengladbach into the top four in Germany, plays a fluent, pacey, counter-attacking style that would suit our squad down to the ground.

He's my choice, been saying his name for a few months. Available to. Has good experience of dealing with Europe and a competitive league.

For those who aren't aware of his work, here's another article about his tactics.

http://theinsidechannel.com/lucien-favres-tactics-at-borussia-monchengladbach/

Overview....

Success rate as coach:

48,7 % Wins

22,0 % Draw

29,2 % Losses

18.png?lm=1442954880 40.png?lm=1396275477Bor. M'gladbach 10/11 (Feb 14, 2011) 15/16 (Sep 20, 2015) Manager 189 (games) / 1,65 (average points per game)

44_1400597374.png?lm=1400597374 40.png?lm=1396275477Hertha BSC 07/08 (Jul 1, 2007) 09/10 (Sep 28, 2009) Manager 94 (games) / 1,48 (average points per game)

260_1422886488.png?lm=1422886488 148.png?lm=1396275450FC Zürich 03/04 (Jul 1, 2003) 06/07 (Jun 30, 2007) Manager 164 (games) / 1,86 (average points per game)

61_1405367082.png?lm=1405367082 148.png?lm=1396275450Servette FC 00/01 (Jul 1, 2000) 01/02 (Jun 30, 2002) Manager 25 (games) / 1,52 (average points per game)

What about Diego Simeone? Doesn't seem to get a mention. Done a great job at Atletico, been there a while now so may be seeking a new challenge. Id never have considered him a realistic target but with the new investment he may be tempted? Thoughts?

De Boer is a good shout also. I think now the investment has come in and we are looking at the a different standard of player i think the Eddie Howe shouts need to stop, we need a manager that could attract some top names to play for us.

***edited for the sake of peoples sanity*** ;-)

De Boer is a good shout also. I think now the investment has come in and we are looking at the a different standard of player i think the Eddie Howe shouts need to stop, we need a manager that could attract some top names to play for us.

Post Moshiri I agree, before then, Howe would have been a good option (IMO). Now, if Moshiri wants a return on his investment, I don't think Martinez is the guy to spend the money. Need safe hands, with a plan and a proven record of being astute in the market.

Simeone would interest a lot of clubs if he was to leave. And it would be a stop down for him. So he should be top of anyones list if he was a realistic target, I sadly don't think he is.

If we really want to aim big we need a big name manager.

It is very pie in the sky, but Mourinho has said he wants to stay in England. What club bigger than us want him? He may end up at United, but I cant see it now. Unless Poch leaves Spurs.

Go big, he could easily have £130m to spend in the summer if we let Stones go and then with the TV money.

Probably unrealistic, but aim high.

I also wouldn't mind Manchini if you could get him. Either way I want a manager who isn't nice.

It is very pie in the sky, but Mourinho has said he wants to stay in England. What club bigger than us want him? He may end up at United, but I cant see it now. Unless Poch leaves Spurs.

Go big, he could easily have £130m to spend in the summer if we let Stones go and then with the TV money.

I also wouldn't mind Manchini if you could get him. Either way I want a manager who isn't nice.

Concur. Aim for a big name and someone who knows what winning is all about.

I like the nice image we portray in our off field activities (EITC, Disability sport, Charity work) but on the pitch, I want us to be selfish and heartless. It's about Everton. About us being the best and wanting to win. I couldn't care what other teams think of us. Our 'soft' attitude is going against us and it needs to change.

Concur. Aim for a big name and someone who knows what winning is all about.

I like the nice image we portray in our off field activities (EITC, Disability sport, Charity work) but on the pitch, I want us to be selfish and heartless. It's about Everton. About us being the best and wanting to win. I couldn't care what other teams think of us. Our 'soft' attitude is going against us and it needs to change.

Exactly, be nice off the pitch, have your players looking smart and helping the community, but on the pitch I want to see fighters.

If anyone saw Antonio on Goals on Sunday, he might as well have said Everton are soft and we hit them because of it.

Exactly, be nice off the pitch, have your players looking smart and helping the community, but on the pitch I want to see fighters.

If anyone saw Antonio on Goals on Sunday, he might as well have said Everton are soft and we hit them because of it.

Can there be anything worse than the opposition seeing you as a push over? God I hate that...and that's Martinez all over, the other managers will be best pals with him but behind his back snigger at him coz he's soft as shite and they know they can bully points of us. Can you ever imagine anyone being genuinely fearful coming up against a Martinez team? Do we really want Tim Nice But Soft As Shite managing us?

Sport is a ruthless business, to suceed you need to be hard nosed and a little bit nasty. And to reference the team of the mid 80s everyone keeps comparing this lot too, that's exactly what they were - a team of hard men led by a hard drinking genius of a football man who had winning in a blue shirt in his blood. Sum up what we lack under Martinez - will, desire, determination to win, whatever the cost.

I remember saying on here a few years ago that I wanted us to be hated as we shit on everyone from a great height. We're liked because we're not a threat. As soon as we get hatred thrown our way we'll know we're going in the right direction.

Amen

I remember saying on here a few years ago that I wanted us to be hated as we shit on everyone from a great height. We're liked because we're not a threat. As soon as we get hatred thrown our way we'll know we're going in the right direction.

Arteta.... Technically gifted but always a fine line away from kicking someone.

Dirty little player..but he was our dirty little player. We need a few of them.

Arteta.... Technically gifted but always a fine line away from kicking someone.

Dirty little player..but he was our dirty little player. We need a few of them.

And Cahill. They epitomized how I want Everton as a whole to be seen - fans of other clubs would want us to lose, would talk shit about us, because deep down they know we're better than they are. Right now we're not anyone's radar, no one cares what we do because in the end we won't do anything, we won't threaten anything, and we look good while we fail.

People don't usually talk shit about Barca either. But it looks like you want us to be more like Revie's Leeds than Catterick's Everton.

Barca have a few snide Players themselves.

You need to believe you are better than everyone else to be at the top.

Would be happy with de Boer (although no complaints on Favre), he definitely wouldn't be happy settling for mid-tier and seems to really like building up young players.

He'd give us the inside track on the likes of Milik, Cillessen, Klaasen and El Ghazi.

Milik and Embolo up front would be a decent replacement for Lukaku, if he goes.

People don't usually talk shit about Barca either. But it looks like you want us to be more like Revie's Leeds than Catterick's Everton.

Catterick had a midfield of Kendall, Ball and Harvey... outrageously gifted, but proper competitors to a man.

From more recently. Cahill epitomised what we currently lack, but Tommy Gravesen deserves a shout. He was sublime the first half of 04/05, ran the midfield with visiin and bite in ewual measure.

Tbf I dont think our midfield is that bad, Barry, McCarthy and Besic all have an edge to them, its our defence that looks powder puff.

Tbf I dont think our midfield is that bad, Barry, McCarthy and Besic all have an edge to them, its our defence that looks powder puff.

I wouldn't describe Mori and Jags as powder puff, nor Stones for that matter.

What we lack is confidence, and training. By training I mean the kind of repetition based sessions that Moyes used to run.

I have always found that confidence flows from effective training.

What about Diego Simeone? Doesn't seem to get a mention. Done a great job at Athletico, been there a while now so may be seeking a new challenge. Id never have considered him a realistic target but with the new investment he may be tempted? Thoughts?

? We could also steal Pep from City while we are at it!

Mauricio Pochettino is quite a big name - 18 letters.